The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

1 hour ago, Gates1 said:

Adam Milner looks to have joined Huddersfield with a immediate effect. 

Some odd recruitment/retention decisions going on at both Huddersfield and Cas at the moment. Huddersfield have 14 experienced forwards already on the books, meanwhile Cas seem desperate to get rid of any remaining quality they had in their pack. I can only assume someone is going the other way from Hudds to Cas.

1 hour ago, LeytherRob said:

Some odd recruitment/retention decisions going on at both Huddersfield and Cas at the moment. Huddersfield have 14 experienced forwards already on the books, meanwhile Cas seem desperate to get rid of any remaining quality they had in their pack. I can only assume someone is going the other way from Hudds to Cas.

Yep very odd.  I'd like to think someone of quality is coming in with savings been made from Mamo, Smith, Milner and the coaching structure (Radford/Last/Murrell to Last/Murrel and Lingard PT for half of the season).

But I suspect, it is just cost cutting to offset some of the lost revenue caused by the boards decision to appoint Andy 'I've not got a clue' Last.

Definitely going to give Wakey something to aim for as we won't win another game all year imo.

3 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Adam Milner looks to have joined Huddersfield with a immediate effect. 

That's great news.  😇

• Haha 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Kumuls backrower Nixon Putt seems on his way to Cas. 

Putt has been one of the best edge backrowers in QCup for years now and has been a real star at test level for PNG. Assuming he's never real got an NRL offer because he is very small for a modern edge forward at around 5'9 but a quality player nonetheless.

7 hours ago, UTK said:

Kumuls backrower Nixon Putt seems on his way to Cas. 

Putt has been one of the best edge backrowers in QCup for years now and has been a real star at test level for PNG. Assuming he's never real got an NRL offer because he is very small for a modern edge forward at around 5'9 but a quality player nonetheless.

Worth a shot

• Haha 1

On 27/05/2023 at 09:24, Waynebennettswinger said:

Worth a shot

Who wouldn't be?

Cas must have some newbies lined up, why else do they want to put themselves into this position by allowing some of their better players to go, if they lose to Wakey when they meet again it will be Sweaty bum time albeit Wakey with such a huge points difference against them will have to win at least one more game than Cas to avoid the drop, one thing is for certain there will still be two SL clubs from the WF postcode next season.

In the wacky world of loans, Wigan's Ramon Silva - who played on loan for London against Toulouse in their win on Saturday - has now left London and joined, er, Toulouse on loan. Think the same thing happened earlier this year to London when they signed Wigan's Harvie Hill on loan before he too was switched to Toulouse. Strange goings-on.

18 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

In the wacky world of loans, Wigan's Ramon Silva - who played on loan for London against Toulouse in their win on Saturday - has now left London and joined, er, Toulouse on loan. Think the same thing happened earlier this year to London when they signed Wigan's Harvie Hill on loan before he too was switched to Toulouse. Strange goings-on.

It's hard not to feel a bit sorry for London here, this is a guy who learned his rugby locally at Elmbridge Eagles, developed via the Broncos academy, joined Wigan last year, has played 11 times for London on loan this year then is whisked away to Toulouse after helping beat them. Be interesting to know what the reason for the switch of loanee club is, presumably financial.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

It's hard not to feel a bit sorry for London here, this is a guy who learned his rugby locally at Elmbridge Eagles, developed via the Broncos academy, joined Wigan last year, has played 11 times for London on loan this year then is whisked away to Toulouse after helping beat them. Be interesting to know what the reason for the switch of loanee club is, presumably financial.

Strength of schedule I'd expect. Toulouse play Halifax and Featherstone. London play Widnes and Bradford.

Also from a training scheduling point of view, Toulouse fixtures keep him more aligned to Wigan's schedule than London's Sunday matches.

Rumour is that Moses Mbye's agent is touting him around SL clubs for 2024. Bit of an iffy signing, I'd say.

• Sad 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Rumour is that Moses Mbye's agent is touting him around SL clubs for 2024. Bit of an iffy signing, I'd say.

By iffy you mean garbage !!

He's always been a bit of 'jack of all trades, master of none' but a few years ago he at least had good pace (remember him scoring a few length of the field try's for the Dogs). He seems to have lost that completely now after multiple injuries (and old age), basically leaving him as just an averagely skilled, jack of all trades squad filler.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

14 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

By iffy you mean garbage !!

He's always been a bit of 'jack of all trades, master of none' but a few years ago he at least had good pace (remember him scoring a few length of the field try's for the Dogs). He seems to have lost that completely now after multiple injuries (and old age), basically leaving him as just an averagely skilled, jack of all trades squad filler.

He's 29.

And now I feel positively ancient...

2 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

He's 29.

And now I feel positively ancient...

If he was in his early 20's and he'd lost pace due to injuries, then there's usually a good chance of being able to regain most of that over time. But he'd be 30 next year in SL and this coupled with his injury record, and the fact his only real good attribute was pace, IMO would make him a pretty awful signing for anyone in SL.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

7 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Shame about Harvie Hill, he was very promising and would have been great for TO if he had stayed more than a couple of matches