The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

14 minutes ago, Indigogo said:

There aren't many clubs Gale could join and actually get game time. What are these other forums, would you mind sharing?

Not sure if mentioning other forums is seen as good practice on here, so I will just say it was started by a Wigan supporter. .

6 hours ago, Indigogo said:

Seen an article today mentioning Luke Gale, Brad Takairangi, Caleb Aekins, Matty Russel and Samisoni Langi are still without a club. Has anyone heard any whispers? I did hear Takairangi was to join Hull FC but that was months agao before they had Smith in charge so things may have changed.

I did also think that there would an influx of signings off the back of the world cup from PNG, Fiji, Lebanon etc, but there seems to be very little movement at the moment. Granted there's still plenty of time before the season starts.

Takairangi and Aekins were set to both head back down under. Russell has apparently signed for a SL club, but no idea who. 

7 hours ago, Indigogo said:

Seen an article today mentioning Luke Gale, Brad Takairangi, Caleb Aekins, Matty Russel and Samisoni Langi are still without a club. Has anyone heard any whispers? I did hear Takairangi was to join Hull FC but that was months agao before they had Smith in charge so things may have changed.

I did also think that there would an influx of signings off the back of the world cup from PNG, Fiji, Lebanon etc, but there seems to be very little movement at the moment. Granted there's still plenty of time before the season starts.

Whispers tell me Langi will stay in France, but that's all it is at the moment.

Matty's agent has been tarting him around many clubs, quite frankly, the winner is quite welcome to him. 

7 hours ago, Jughead said:

Was going to say something similar regarding quota spaces. Saints were linked with a PNG winger (as were a couple of other Super League clubs) and Josh Mansour but that would have meant losing a quota player, as they are at the max. The player rumoured to leave was James Bell to Salford, Toulouse or Featherstone but that went quiet when Tee Ritson was signed. 

James won't come back to TO, he, or rather Mrs, didn't get on with France.

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

First big new signing for Toulouse for 2023, interesting to see if this is the first of many as their recruitment had been quiet up to now.

There are a couple more coming soon. No money, and the difficulty in persuading players to come to France for championship rugby is a sticking point.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

There are a couple more coming soon. No money, and the difficulty in persuading players to come to France for championship rugby is a sticking point.

Why do you need to persuade players to come to France, current population 65 million? 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

Why do you need to persuade players to come to France, current population 65 million? 

Same reason the UK persuades players to come to the UK.....current population 67 million

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

Same reason the UK persuades players to come to the UK.....current population 67 million

Which I abhor, let's stop importing SH has beens, or wannabes, let homegrown players fill the ranks of English and French teams. At least then in a few years time we won't be looking at 30% of Super league players being eligible to play for multiple SH national teams. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Red Willow said:

Frees up money and a spot for Salford

Sita is no great loss for us as he didn't really get going although he improved significantly towards the back end of last season. 

Gutted about ET going to Fev, although his body seems to be failing him and I'd be surprised if they got more than a season out of him. Brilliant player though and put in some immense performances last season (Hudds away in the play-offs probably the stand-out). Great guy and pro & the Fev fans will love him.

12 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

Which I abhor, let's stop importing SH has beens, or wannabes, let homegrown players fill the ranks of English and French teams. At least then in a few years time we won't be looking at 30% of Super league players being eligible to play for multiple SH national teams. 

I agree with you.

Unfortunately it's a win at all cost mentality, so money talks.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kiggy said:

I agree with you.

Unfortunately it's a win at all cost mentality, so money talks.

Agreed,needs to be a 50% reduction in overseas players allowed. I'd also include coaches in this cap. 

We need to strengthen acadamy and amateur links into the game as will only benefit the sport in the long term from a player pool and financial perspective. 

That's the real win for all

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Indigogo said:

Who has no money? Toulouse?

They have to cut their cloth accordingly now they are back in the championship, they can't keep paying SL wages to now non SL players. The backroom staff also had to be reduced, those that are left will be doubling up on their responsibilities. 

28 minutes ago, kiggy said:

They have to cut their cloth accordingly now they are back in the championship, they can't keep paying SL wages to now non SL players. The backroom staff also had to be reduced, those that are left will be doubling up on their responsibilities. 

Do they get a parachute payment or has that ceased now ?

5 hours ago, Stanley30 said:

We need to strengthen acadamy and amateur links into the game as will only benefit the sport in the long term from a player pool and financial perspective. 

And when these players are coming through send the best to the  NRL and then we might have a chance to win a world cup. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

Even with that being the case i'm sure they will be top spenders in the league? Maybe second to Fev?

6 hours ago, Stanley30 said:

The problem being the structure of the academy system means only certain teams have true academy teams and the reality is the amateur game, certainly in Yorkshire, needs a lot of work.

• Like 2