The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

28 minutes ago, Griff said:

What if there was one loan and four DR players?

Possible paperwork nightmare if you try and do that every week and given how things have gone for most teams with injuries the last few seasons, quite a high risk strategy to commit to allowing 5 of your squad to be unavailable to play for you every week.

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep

19 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Possible paperwork nightmare if you try and do that every week and given how things have gone for most teams with injuries the last few seasons, quite a high risk strategy to commit to allowing 5 of your squad to be unavailable to play for you every week.

I don't think you would keep changing it every week.  Plenty of players have been loaned out for extended periods, though. Young players looking for first team experience for a year, mostly.  It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

16 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Not sure I’ll be getting excited on Mick’s say so

Not sure I'd be getting excited about Tony Gigot even if it was true, he hasn't been a very good player for a few years now and the number of errors he makes seems to far outweigh the positive contributions these days. Mago would be an excellent signing for the championship though.

25 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Not sure I'd be getting excited about Tony Gigot even if it was true, he hasn't been a very good player for a few years now and the number of errors he makes seems to far outweigh the positive contributions these days. Mago would be an excellent signing for the championship though.

Good point, Gigot is a long way past his best.  

Neither of them happening according to the jungle drums down Station Lane like.

Edited by David Shepherd

2 hours ago, Griff said:

I don't think you would keep changing it every week.  Plenty of players have been loaned out for extended periods, though. Young players looking for first team experience for a year, mostly.  It'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

Like I said once injuries kick in I can't see Widnes opting to voluntarily rule out another 5 of their squad any, never mind every week. 

5 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Like I said once injuries kick in I can't see Widnes opting to voluntarily rule out another 5 of their squad any, never mind every week. 

Nobody mentioned every week, Les, until you did.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

10 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

George Williams to be a dolphin by the start of the season 

That wouldn't surprise me at all given Fitzpatrick has already come out with the statement of "he's under contract, he's not going anywhere". That usually means the players agent has already had talks with another club and Wire have been approached about his release.

• Like 2

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

6 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

That wouldn't surprise me at all given Fitzpatrick has already come out with the statement of "he's under contract, he's not going anywhere". That usually means the players agent has already had talks with another club and Wire have been approached about his release.

and they all love their uncle Wayne 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

8 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

That wouldn't surprise me at all given Fitzpatrick has already come out with the statement of "he's under contract, he's not going anywhere". 

that loosely translates as hes already re directed his mail and was just seen checking the average temperatures in Redcliffe on his phone 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 22/11/2022 at 17:18, Davo5 said:

Toulouse sign Cook Islands & Newtown Jets centre Reubenn Rennie.

That is a surprise, he hasn't been mentioned at all in my conversations