The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

13 hours ago, TrueBull said:

Dunning’s interview on signing Chester Butler was interesting. Mentioned his professionalism and also that he was “a good bloke” and these seem to be some of the criteria we’re looking for in players. Which is good, but shines a bit of a light on what’s gone wrong this year

This all sounds good but what I am going to say is specualtion, it makes me wonder just how bad things were at Bradford because Grix has had multiple chances to take Butler back to Halifax and has said no on each occasion down to the lack of 2 of the things mentioned above and now he is praised for those. Obviously there is the chance that he has grown up a bit and realised that all the potential that he has is just that and guarentees nothing. Might just be rumour though.

20 hours ago, Rockingchair said:

There seems to be a trend with some periphery super league quality players who can earn more money being part time and working than being full time super league players.

When the salary cup is static, and we live in a country with 10% inflation, that's bound to be a factor

I suspect we'll see more and more people taking a similar route.

Ultimately, it has to cast doubt over whether the game can survive with a full-time environment. The salary cap hasn't risen for three seasons, which means less money for squad players taking inflation into account. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Latest one on the Fax board is Jordan Lilley to Fax for next season.

Hopefully. Hes absolute garbage

Oh and by the way hes under contract for next year so please send us some cash as well .

Edited by Ragingbull

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

He's approaching 26, should be in his prime now, is he a player to take you onwards and upwards and into SL?

To be fair he probably fits the role that I suspect we are looking for which is someone to play as our second hooker and a back up to our 3 half backs which does suggest Kyle Wood might be leaving at the end of the season. Id love to see Amir Burrough back at Fax though.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

He's approaching 26, should be in his prime now, is he a player to take you onwards and upwards and into SL?

I’m not sure with him. I think his hb partner has a big say in how he plays. Also the size of Odsal doesn’t help. He had 40+ games for Leeds before they moved him on. He’s now been at Bradford for 4 seasons I think. His best season was with Brough, 2nd best with Keyes and he hasn’t worked well with Patten, although the pack hasn’t helped. He’s rarely a support runner and so doesn’t get a lot of tries. He’s more of an organiser but I don’t think he makes good decisions or good execution under pressure. His tactical kicking is usually good. Drop goals are very good 👍 We’ve given him plenty of time to deliver and it’s all been a bit too inconsistent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TrueBull said:

Elliot Kear to Keighley I’m hearing as well. 

Excellent username.You ain't wrong....with your choice of name.

Crossley and Kear from Bradford? Comedy is thriving despite the cost of greed increase.

• Like 2

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

What is happening with Dec Patton, isn't his deal up at Bradford, seems convenient he got a 7 match ban saving the travel from Warrington. Will he end up with Kear at Widnes? long way to travel to Bradford and he has hardly done much. I expect he is on a full time contract on probably £40k per annum as a big signing for them. 

11 minutes ago, Col81 said:

What is happening with Dec Patton, isn't his deal up at Bradford, seems convenient he got a 7 match ban saving the travel from Warrington. Will he end up with Kear at Widnes? long way to travel to Bradford and he has hardly done much. I expect he is on a full time contract on probably £40k per annum as a big signing for them. 

I believe he's also contracted to the Bulls for next season.

22 minutes ago, Col81 said:

I must of missed that it was reported when he signed it was a 1 year deal 

Initially a 1 year deal but signed an extension in Feb 2022

We are delighted to announce Dec Patton has signed a one-year contract extension – taking him through until at least the end of the 2023 season!

DEC PATTON SIGNS CONTRACT EXTENSION (bradfordbulls.co.uk)

Elliot Kear and Jordan Lilley are two players who we should be keeping. Neither disappears when we are losing.

Saying Lilley would be a back-up player at Halifax is a joke, founded on Bulls rivalry and Bulls envy. He's probably in the top three halfbacks in the Championship; definitely the best cover-tackler. What the Bulls lack are a creative stand off and loose forward who can work with him. Despite the useless pitch, we have created overlaps but the link play has been non-existent.

Elliot Kear gives everything and, even as a bench player, would cover centre, wing, fullback and, I reckon, hooker. He's an elusive runner, tackles and still has a bit of pace.

Dec Patten is an interesting case; brilliant kicker but, to me,  doesn't appear desperate to do much more in games. He knows he's a Superleague player and, in fairness, he belongs there.

It seems we will lose Ben Evans and Ant Walker next season ... our two best forwards until Chester Butler arrived on loan.

We have got exciting young players who can step up to the mark at fullback or halfback, in George Flanagan Junior and Myles Lawford. I'm not sure what has happened to Elliot Hall and Brandon Pickersgill but I'd love to see them back and firing next season. Up front, I've a lot of time for Samy Kibula and Ebon Scurr. To me, Rhys Evans would make a better second row than centre and vice-versa for Brad England. We could do with these lads forming a skeleton for padding out with talented young guns from the academy.

Look how many former Bulls juniors are plying their trade in Superleague. With a shift from our sterile Five-Drives-and-a-Kick game plan (to be fair, there is a Plan B ... Six Drives) we could bring young kids in and play an expansive game.

At first, we won't reach the playoffs  but we haven't won anything under Kearball either. It would at the very least stop the decline in spectator attendances. I would think that most of the current regulars only attend because they've got season tickets. In all honesty, who would pay £20+ to watch the current dross on offer? It would also be good for the other Championship teams because, when the local interest is there, Bradfordians will always travel to away games in big numbers.

In a couple of years we could be promotion contenders again.

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Got to disagree with you on Patten @Wolford6, he's up there with the most underwhelming players to pull on a Salford shirt in a long time. There's some talent there but he really just doesn't seem to be ar5ed to me. Kear on the other hand, whilst a bit on the small side, will run through a brick wall for you and is one of those model pro's every squad needs.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Elliot Kear and Jordan Lilley are two players who we should be keeping. Neither disappears when we are losing.

Saying Lilley would be a back-up player at Halifax is a joke, founded on Bulls rivalry and Bulls envy. He's probably in the top three halfbacks in the Championship; definitely the best cover-tackler.

Its founded on the fact that in Keyes, Jouffret, Moore, and JWH, we have 4 players who are better in the positions that he plays and nothing more. Cover tackling not exactly the best quality I would look for in a half back. Honestly I would be gutted if we signed Lilley to take one of those players places which is unlikely seen as though they are all tied up for the future.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Got to disagree with you on Patten @Wolford6, he's up there with the most underwhelming players to pull on a Salford shirt in a long time. There's some talent there but he really just doesn't seem to be ar5ed to me. Kear on the other hand, whilst a bit on the small side, will run through a brick wall for you and is one of those model pro's every squad needs.

Agree regarding Patten, I don't think it's a problem for Bulls much longer as think he will be playing elsewhere in 2023.

1 hour ago, Wolford6 said:

Saying Lilley would be a back-up player at Halifax is a joke, founded on Bulls rivalry and Bulls envy. He's probably in the top three halfbacks in the Championship; definitely the best cover-tackler. What the Bulls lack are a creative stand off and loose forward who can work with him. Despite the useless pitch, we have created overlaps but the link play has been non-existent.

Elliot Kear gives everything and, even as a bench player, would cover centre, wing, fullback and, I reckon, hooker. He's an elusive runner, tackles and still has a bit of pace.

Dec Patten is an interesting case; brilliant kicker but, to me,  doesn't appear desperate to do much more in games. He knows he's a Superleague player and, in fairness, he belongs there.

It seems we will lose Ben Evans and Ant Walker next season ... our two best forwards until Chester Butler arrived on loan.

We have got exciting young players who can step up to the mark at fullback or halfback, in George Flanagan Junior and Myles Lawford. I'm not sure what has happened to Elliot Hall and Brandon Pickersgill but I'd love to see them back and firing next season. Up front, I've a lot of time for Samy Kibula and Ebon Scurr. To me, Rhys Evans would make a better second row than centre and vice-versa for Brad England. We could do with these lads forming a skeleton for padding out with talented young guns from the academy.

Look how many former Bulls juniors are plying their trade in Superleague. With a shift from our sterile Five-Drives-and-a-Kick game plan (to be fair, there is a Plan B ... Six Drives) we could bring young kids in and play an expansive game.

At first, we won't reach the playoffs  but we haven't won anything under Kearball either. It would at the very least stop the decline in spectator attendances. I would think that most of the current regulars only attend because they've got season tickets. In all honesty, who would pay £20+ to watch the current dross on offer? It would also be good for the other Championship teams because, when the local interest is there, Bradfordians will always travel to away games in big numbers.

Not sure how much longer Bulls will hold onto Scurr. He talked to several SL clubs but decided to continue his development in the Championship for now. I suspect next time his contact is up (end 2023 ?) he’ll move to a SL club.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

3 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Definitely not a Bulls fan thats written this. 100% a wind up!! 

'Dont know whats happend to Pickersgil'..... erm ask the Fev fans!