8 wins on the bounce for the Dons. Can they stop the Cougars next week?

Saw my home town (city) team play my local team yesterday and both impressed me.

The Hurricanes were in this match almost to the end, and once again proved to be stronger opposition than their position in the table suggests.

While the mighty Dons looked like they should always have looked at this level, pretty much unbeatable.

I still can't understand how they have languished in League 1 for so long. Fingers crossed they keep on this upward trajectory........

22 hours ago, Rene_Artois said:

Probably not but hopefully should be a good game. Two decent teams

A real ding dong next week but if Cougars win the'll secure top spot for certain. As good as Dons are, Keighley are the best side I've seen playing in League 1 this season and I'd be surprised at anything other than a Cougars win....

If Dons did win and Crusaders beat Hornets it would make for an interesting last two games!!

23 hours ago, Rene_Artois said:

Probably not but hopefully should be a good game. Two decent teams

Fantasy stuff I know, but if Donny got into SL and stayed there for two years, what sort of attendances do you think they would get?  Is there much interest in them around the town? 

Edited by Eddie

24 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Fantasy stuff I know, but if Donny got into SL and stayed there for two years, what sort of attendances do you think they would get?  Is there much interest in them around the town? 

Not that much by looks of it, think its more football in Donny.

The Dons did have a season in 'The Big League' as I think it was called the year before Superleague and all started well, but rapidly went down the toilet.

However there were 6,000 for the game against Leeds. I have never seen so many people wearing the blue and yellow of the mighty Dons😘.

A couple of thousand is feasible for a good Championship side, on a par with York and Newcasle.