Batley v Barrow MOM

RogerT

Can we have your man of the match against the shipbuilders of Barrow please. Barrow fans or anybody attending the match or viewing from the DVD or whatever media please have a go, usual format 1, 2, 3,.

10 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Mine after the most miserable match I've seen.

1 Barrow

2 Barrow

3 Barrow.

Come on Roger. You either have a short memory or you have become spoilt in recent years.

• Like 3

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Agreed Bob I have watched them from the early 60's fell out with rugby when Lindsey split it all up and went to summer rugby.

One I got over cancer I realised that I missed something in my life that was 2009 and I came back to rugby so I stick by my words.

• Like 1

Meadows had his best game of the season, we just need to club together to buy him some boots with studs in so he can stay on his feet more!

Ward did the usual Wardy stuff and got stuck in.

Flynn made some hard yards today 

A word for Ben White; he's moved about a bit for us this season, interchanged at 9, 13, 6 and 7 all in one game and gave enough today.

We were a well beaten team today with very few players on form but here goes :-

1. MEADOWS

2. BROWN

3 ROBERT HICKS - for his ability to invent reasons for disallowing that try in the Nineoil in the second half . He has the gift of pure fantasy!! 

10 hours ago, The scrim reaper said:

That guy needed effin at! he did nothing but criticise from minute one! 

Was it Phildog?

• Haha 4

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

9 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

Believe me fella if linners hadnt said it I would have! the idea of going to a game is to support your team not tear them to pieces and he was at it non stop! 

(sorry for invading MOM thred)

All he asked was why not change the kickoff, it was same  with every  one and it might a been different with a change of kick to mix things up, his opinion thats all and he were told to f off, 2 minutes later he said"if you dont like it f off home"  i were sat 6 feet away, only other things the fella said were silly stuff to miloudi now and again,,

those long time fans have bought seats in tommo stand 30 years ago,bought bricks, bissa, ,season tickets,war chest, if anyone thinks been told to f off by the coach  is ok then were in a bad state of affairs, i know linners were in the deep and and under pressure by the way he were shouting at cropper but it was out of order.we had same with disking at blackpool with same thing to a family of 3 genarations batley fans.

• Like 1

I was sat just in front of him and that's not true he was continually shouting about offsides, continually shouting at the touch judge, complaining about the kick off, style and shouting at linners to quote, "get some bloody coaching done!  He was a pain all through the game not just for me but others around me! And for reference the  the kick we use is a tactical kick  putting it high into the corner gives time for our  players to get on top of them before they make ground, if you watch the game properly instead of moaning you will see its very effective, 

Edited by The scrim reaper

6 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

I was sat just in front of him and that's not true he was continually shouting about offsides, continually shouting at the touch judge, complaining about the kick off, style and shouting at linners to quote, "get some bloody coaching done!  He was a pain all through the game not just for me but others around me! And for reference the  the kick we use is a tactical kick  putting it high into the corner gives time for our  players to get on top of them before they make ground, if you watch the game properly instead of moaning you will see its very effective, 

he also had a go at hicksy too,the same lads shouted stuff out for 20 years or more, is it first time you sat in that area?.hes a fan,and am not moaning about the game or players,all am saying is the coach should be effin at the fans,lots of kids in the tommo stand, and i watched the game properly from 12ish, kids game, and masters,its a job he has to do,and hes been doing good so far so no moans from me,but in earshot plenty were asking if the pressures too much, any gaffer in charge of any job shouldent be acting like he did at paying customers, you think its ok and thats your right on here no probs.

36 minutes ago, silverback said:

he also had a go at hicksy too,the same lads shouted stuff out for 20 years or more, is it first time you sat in that area?.hes a fan,and am not moaning about the game or players,all am saying is the coach should be effin at the fans,lots of kids in the tommo stand, and i watched the game properly from 12ish, kids game, and masters,its a job he has to do,and hes been doing good so far so no moans from me,but in earshot plenty were asking if the pressures too much, any gaffer in charge of any job shouldent be acting like he did at paying customers, you think its ok and thats your right on here no probs.

I'm not saying what linners did was right probably unprofessional! But I can assure you there was more than one person felt like telling him to do one, he was spoiling the game for a quite a few people not for the first time I might add like you said he's been at it 20yr,not once on Sunday did he show any encouragement towards the team he supposedly supports! We were all frustrated with what was happening on the field but still trying to encourage the team! And for reference I've been going to the mount over 40yrs been on the scoreboard and kit lad when I was younger! And I sit in the same spot every week a few rows in front of moaning mini! 

• Like 2