The World Cup

1 hour ago, Mojo said:

If that was true he would've said that flat out 😂😂😂😂 I don't care if he's half Samoan or full Samoan he has the option to choose 2 nations. It's pretty obvious he feels close to both. Like I said if he really wanted to represent the kangaroos he would've flat out said "Mal I would be happy to play for the kangaroos over samoa" and before the world cup got cancelled last year Suali'i put his hand up to play for samoa straight away

Only Reason he hasn’t confirmed it yet is because he doesn’t know if he’s gonna get selected for Australia or not. If he said that he was playing Australia and didn’t make the side then went to play for Samoa instead he would be called unloyal. He wants to still have the option to play for Samoa as a back up plan.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mojo said:

As a knights fan you should know Gagai hardly plays well for the knights but kills it in origin and the kangaroos. It's hard to play well as a back when your teams struggling week in week out

I will be pleasantly shocked if Gagai makes the squad . He has been a very good , reliable rep player but he looked past it in origin this year . He’s noted as solid but he missed 18 tackles in two origins and is a shadow of the force or threat he was at this level , and with the number of alternatives 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 2

1) Tedesco

2) Cobbo

3) Mitchell

4) Holmes 

5) Sua’ali’i 

6) Munster

7) Cleary 

8 ) Haas

9)Grant 

10) Carrigan

11) Crichton

12) Yeo 

13) Murray 

14) Big Tino (?)

15) Fifita (?)

16 ) Grant 

17 ) Nanai 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DavidM said:

1) Tedesco

2) Cobbo

3) Mitchell

4) Holmes 

5) Sua’ali’i 

6) Munster

7) Cleary 

8 ) Haas

9)Grant 

10) Carrigan

11) Crichton

12) Yeo 

13) Murray 

14) Big Tino (?)

15) Fifita (?)

16 ) Grant 

17 ) Nanai 

Fox over Cobbo, Less errors and more consistent

DCE > Cleary

And I assume you mean Hunt starting at 9 because you have Grant on the bench.

7 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Fox over Cobbo, Less errors and more consistent

DCE > Cleary

And I assume you mean Hunt starting at 9 because you have Grant on the bench.

Yes I do mean Hunt sorry . Actually the two you mentioned were the two i mulled over most . I’m Foxx’s biggest fan so no problem there with Cobbo in the squad for experience , and for the make up of the team , especially with Hunt Grant Munster there I’ve no issues with DCE

Edited by DavidM

3 hours ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Only Reason he hasn’t confirmed it yet is because he doesn’t know if he’s gonna get selected for Australia or not. If he said that he was playing Australia and didn’t make the side then went to play for Samoa instead he would be called unloyal. He wants to still have the option to play for Samoa as a back up plan.

Suali'i came out before the season started that he hopes to make the samoan team for the world cup. Well have to wait and see on his decision. But the samoan coach already reached out to Suali'i that if he misses out on the kangaroos jersey, samoa will pick him up. So Suali'i already knows that. I think he'll play for samoa and that goes to rugby union next year and for the wallabies in the world cup

Edited by Mojo

2 hours ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Wdym what, say if you’re born and raised in England to English mother and Scottish father you’re gonna feel more English because thats where you’re from. It’s just a fact.

That may be true. But how do you know Suali'i didn't grow up around his dad's samoan family? Just because his mother is Australian and living in Australia doesn't make him more Australian.

12 minutes ago, Mojo said:

That may be true. But how do you know Suali'i didn't grow up around his dad's samoan family? Just because his mother is Australian and living in Australia doesn't make him more Australian.

I think as soon as I could walk, Dad got me on the tackling bags, he was teaching me how to tackle, how to run, kick and pass,” Suaalii said.

“So I was probably two  or so. My dad is a tough bloke and he’d always make me cry out in the backyard.

“We’d have a tackling bag and he’d be smashing me with it. Mum would come out and get into him - ‘Chris, what are you doing to him?’

“ My uncles would come around and rough me up and I’d be that kid crying the whole time when I was younger so I was always waiting until I could get them back."

I`m surprised he doesn`t actually hate Samoa and wants absolutely nothing to do with them.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I think as soon as I could walk, Dad got me on the tackling bags, he was teaching me how to tackle, how to run, kick and pass,” Suaalii said.

“So I was probably two  or so. My dad is a tough bloke and he’d always make me cry out in the backyard.

“We’d have a tackling bag and he’d be smashing me with it. Mum would come out and get into him - ‘Chris, what are you doing to him?’

“ My uncles would come around and rough me up and I’d be that kid crying the whole time when I was younger so I was always waiting until I could get them back."

I`m surprised he doesn`t actually hate Samoa and wants absolutely nothing to do with them.

Are you assuming that's wrong? His dad and uncles did a good job making him tough and ready for rugby lol Pacific Island dads are always tough on there sons. If Suali'i actually said that, than that's just him acknowledging hid dad and uncles for making him tough. You should look up John Pedro ufc fighter Australian/Samoan. His father beat him up in the ring lost a few teeths bloodied and stabbed on the chest with a knife and told him to harden up and keep fighting. Or Dwayne Johnson the actor when he was 10 he got bullied by a few kids and went and told his dad what happened. His dad got all the bullies to line up and fight his son one on one until they all got a hiding. I'm a pacific islander myself and trust be the tough island dad act is a normal thing.

Edited by Mojo

8 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Are you assuming that's wrong? His dad and uncles did a good job making him tough and ready for rugby lol Pacific Island dads are always tough on there sons. If Suali'i actually said that, than that's just him acknowledging hid dad and uncles for making him tough. You should look up John Pedro ufc fighter Australian/Samoan. His father beat him up in the ring lost a few teeths bloodied and stabbed on the chest with a knife and told him to harden up and keep fighting. Or Dwayne Johnson the actor when he was 10 he got bullied by a few kids and went and told his dad what happened. His dad got all the bullies to line up and fight his son one on one until they all got a hiding. I'm a pacific islander myself and trust be the tough island dad act is a normal thing.

I'm sorry what. 

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

10 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Did you just say his dad stabbed him ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Jake Trbojevic Ruled out for the season Australia’s foward pack keeps getting weaker and weaker every week

I'm not sure that is a massive blow.

I think he is well behind Yeo and Murray as a 13 and too lightweight for the front row.  I think NSW made a mistake trying to shoehorn him in rather than going for a bigger middle.

• Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris