The World Cup

17 minutes ago, UTK said:

Not sure if this is actually from an official source but this has started floating around.

Tongan 38 man extended squad.

Talatau 'Amone, Andrew Fifita, David Fifita, Addin Fonua Blake, Moeaki Fotuaika, David Fusitu'a, Siliva Havili, William Hopoate, Konrad Hurrell, Eliesa Katoa, Isaiya Katoa, Sione Katoa, Felise Kaufusi, Oregon Kaufusi, Keaon Koloamatangi, Toluta'u Koula, Tuimoala Lolohea, Soni Luke, Ben Murdoch Masila, Tesi Niu, Joe 'Ofahengaue, Haumole 'Olakau'atu, Taniela 'Otukolo, Agnatius Paasi, Tevita Pangai Jr, Taniela Paseka, Will Penisini, Kotoni Staggs, Daniel Suluka Fifita, Moses Suli, Siosifa Talakai, Tevita Tatola, Sio Siua Taukei'aho, Jason Taumalolo, Starford To'a, Christian Tu'ipulotu, Daniel Tupou, Stefano Utoikamanu

Question beckons as to which David Fifita that is, hopefully the Gold Coast version.

It's definitely not the SL one lol the tongan forwards are too stacked

5 minutes ago, Mojo said:

It's definitely not the SL one lol the tongan forwards are too stacked

Yeah I think that logic holds so it should be the GC edition, funny that Felise Kaufusi has changed his allegiance but he probably doesn't make the 17 now.

8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Siliva Havili
10. Sio siua Taukei'aho
11. Keaon Koloamatangi
12. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jason Taumalolo
14. Soni Luke
15. Tevita Pangai Jnr
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. David Fifita

Likes of Kaufusi, Fotuaika, Tatola missing the starting pack.

Edited by UTK
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, UTK said:

Yeah I think that logic holds so it should be the GC edition, funny that Felise Kaufusi has changed his allegiance but he probably doesn't make the 17 now.

8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Siliva Havili
10. Sio siua Taukei'aho
11. Keaon Koloamatangi
12. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jason Taumalolo
14. Soni Luke
15. Tevita Pangai Jnr
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. David Fifita

Likes of Kaufusi, Fotuaika, Tatola missing the starting pack.

I would start Felise Kaufusi to bring in some experience into the squad. That's what they lacked against the Kiwis. Pangai Jnr would have to be the unlucky one out. That's a good problem to have if I was a Tongan fan lol Lolohea will need to be at his best again to lead the tongans around

1 hour ago, UTK said:

Not sure if this is actually from an official source but this has started floating around.

Talatau 'Amone, Andrew Fifita, David Fifita, Addin Fonua Blake, Moeaki Fotuaika, David Fusitu'a, Siliva Havili, William Hopoate, Konrad Hurrell, Eliesa Katoa, Isaiya Katoa, Sione Katoa, Felise Kaufusi, Oregon Kaufusi, Keaon Koloamatangi, Toluta'u Koula, Tuimoala Lolohea, Soni Luke, Ben Murdoch Masila, Tesi Niu, Joe 'Ofahengaue, Haumole 'Olakau'atu, Taniela 'Otukolo, Agnatius Paasi, Tevita Pangai Jr, Taniela Paseka, Will Penisini, Kotoni Staggs, Daniel Suluka Fifita, Moses Suli, Siosifa Talakai, Tevita Tatola, Sio Siua Taukei'aho, Jason Taumalolo, Starford To'a, Christian Tu'ipulotu, Daniel Tupou, Stefano Utoikamanu

Question beckons as to which David Fifita that is, hopefully the Gold Coast version.

I Would asume its the wakefield one, I cant see David Fifita playing for tonga as he is quite close to the aussie side.

1 hour ago, UTK said:

No Ata Hingano, he must be injured. Only 3 halfbacks in the entire side

33 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

I Would asume its the wakefield one, I cant see David Fifita playing for tonga as he is quite close to the aussie side.

I don't see David Fifita making the aussie side. Kangaroos have a alot of options at second row Hudson Young, Angus Crichton, Cam Murray, Liam Martin, Shaun Lane, Jeremiah Nanai, Nate Butcher all ahead of him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UTK said:

I thought that Kotoni Staggs was out with shoulder surgery.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Mojo said:

I don't see David Fifita making the aussie side. Kangaroos have a alot of options at second row Hudson Young, Angus Crichton, Cam Murray, Liam Martin, Shaun Lane, Jeremiah Nanai, Nate Butcher all ahead of him

Apparently he’s been named in the Australian team according to Clarkey RL Collum I can’t find the full team though.

15 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

He is don’t know why he’s included

I suspect this is just one of those 'see what the squad could be' lists circling around rather than anything official.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

18 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Apparently he’s been named in the Australian team according to Clarkey RL Collum I can’t find the full team though.

I'll be shocked if he gets picked in the Final squad. He's been out of form all season 

• Like 1

Here is the Kangaroos train on squad so far. 

Bulldogs: Matt Burton, Josh Addo-Carr

Dragons: Ben Hunt

Titans: Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, David Fifita

Storm: Cameron Munster, Harry Grant

Roosters: Joseph Suaalii, James Tedesco, Angus Crichton, Lindsay Collins

Sea Eagles: Jake Trbojevic, Daly Cherry-Evans

Broncos: Patrick Carrigan, Payne Haas

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Mojo said:

I'll be shocked if he gets picked in the Final squad. He's been out of form all season 

I agree Fifita has not been as good as he could be this season.  He has been hampered by a leg injury as well and looks to be playing on one leg sometimes.  I also think he is badly used in a poorly coached team and is often receiving the ball stood still rather than at pace.

But here is the thing with Fifita... despite all that, he still tops the line breaks per game for edge forwards and 2nd in tackle busts.  He really is an unbelievable physical threat and if he were in one of the top 4 teams with some playmakers and structure he would be almost unstoppable. 

I really hope we get to see him play in the World Cup.

Edited by Dunbar

21 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Here is the Kangaroos train on squad so far. 

Bulldogs: Matt Burton, Josh Addo-Carr

Dragons: Ben Hunt

Titans: Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, David Fifita

Storm: Cameron Munster, Harry Grant

Roosters: Joseph Suaalii, James Tedesco, Angus Crichton, Lindsay Collins

Sea Eagles: Jake Trbojevic, Daly Cherry-Evans

Broncos: Patrick Carrigan, Payne Haas

Interesting, are the gradually announcing the squad?

6 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Interesting, are the gradually announcing the squad?

Yes.  They usually add players as the teams exit the finals.

I am surprised there is no Selwyn Cobbo in the train on squad for the Kangaroos. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Oh ok, do you know if is this squad going to be used in the Pm XIII game next week.

Typically they do yes... barring injury etc.  Plus some youngsters to bolster the squad I would imagine.

33 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I am surprised there is no Selwyn Cobbo in the train on squad for the Kangaroos. 

I don’t know if he’s injured or due for surgery but I agree you’d think he’d at least make a long list 

France B squad for the England knights test-

Vincent Albert, Georgy Gambaro (Carcassonne), Justin Bouscayrol (Limoux), Tiaki Chan, Mathieu Cozza, Romain Franco, Corentin Le Cam, Cesar Rouge, Bastien Scimone (Catalans), Fabien Jullien (Avignon), Thomas Lacans (Newcastle Thunder), Benjamin Laguerre, Gavin Marguerite, Hugo Pezet, Maxime Stefani, Dimitri Biscarro (Toulouse), Franck Maria (Lezignan), Hakim Miloudi (Barrow), Ugo Tison (Saint-Esteve), Florian Vailhen (Baroudeurs).