The World Cup

3 hours ago, Mojo said:

Suali'i playing for Samoa was pretty obvious from the start. Especially when they kept asking him and he said he doesn't know it yet. Samoa are definitely better than england now

I wouldn’t say definitely but the teams are very close I would not be surprised at all if Samoa win, but I think the English crowd will be the changing point.

Edited by SydneyRoosters
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Out of the Samoan team, 1 maybe 2 would play for Aus/Nz.

Let's respect the hell out of them, but we should be beating them if we want to win the WC

1 or 2 ? I can name at least 5 Suaalii, To’o, Crichton, Paulo, Papalii. Don’t get me wrong I still think England will most likely win, but saying only 1 to 2 players would make aus/nz is very harsh.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

1 or 2 ? I can name at least 5 Suaalii, To’o, Crichton, Paulo, Papalii. Don’t get me wrong I still think England will most likely win, but saying only 1 to 2 players would make aus/nz is very harsh.

I was about to say the same thing lol

27 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Out of the Samoan team, 1 maybe 2 would play for Aus/Nz.

Let's respect the hell out of them, but we should be beating them if we want to win the WC

A lot of people would argue that more of the Samoan players would make the Aus/NZ teams in comparison to the England players.

• Like 1

Suaalii considered the likely full back for Samoa is good news for England. 

He is doing well on the wing for the Roosters but is nowhere near ready to be a first grade full back never mind an international one.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

10 minutes ago, AB90 said:

A lot of people would argue that more of the Samoan players would make the Aus/NZ teams in comparison to the England players.

I'm trying to think of any English players who would make the Australian team.

England could be in massive trouble against Samoa.

• Like 1

new rise.jpg

Haas is a huge loss for Australia.  Their best prop by a huge distance. 

Their middles now start to look very average against some of the bigger teams.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

He is doing well on the wing for the Roosters but is nowhere near ready to be a first grade full back never mind an international one.

I would actually be very surprised if they went with him at Full Back.

Id personally stick him in the wing and put Staines at Full Back who I rate as a very good player (just needs to change team to cement a full back position).

7 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

This sounds dramatic, but I rather agree with this sentiment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

Haas is a huge loss for Australia.  Their best prop by a huge distance. 

Their middles now start to look very average against some of the bigger teams.

Yeah, It does look as if they will be a bit light but the players they pick will still be able to ‘hold their own’ so to speak against any team.

Looks like their props will be made up of a combination of Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, Regan Campbell Gillard, Lindsay Collins, Matt Lodge, Jai Arrow, Thomas Fleger etc.

They won it in 2017 with a prop rotation of Aaron Woods, Jordan McLean, David Klemmer and Regan Campbell Gillard which I imagine people were doubting their ability as well.

15 minutes ago, Pulga said:

I'm trying to think of any English players who would make the Australian team.

England could be in massive trouble against Samoa.

Welsby, Makinson, Farnworth, Williams, Knowles, Radley, Bateman and Burgess would be there or thereabouts for the Green and Golds, if they were convicts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AB90 said:

Yeah, It does look as if they will be a bit light but the players they pick will still be able to ‘hold their own’ so to speak against any team.

Looks like their props will be made up of a combination of Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, Regan Campbell Gillard, Lindsay Collins, Matt Lodge, Jai Arrow, Thomas Fleger etc.

They won it in 2017 with a prop rotation of Aaron Woods, Jordan McLean, David Klemmer and Regan Campbell Gillard which I imagine people were doubting their ability as well.

But it isn't really how the Aussies compare to 2017 that matters, it is how they compare to the other nations in 2022.

That Australian pack may not look massively different to 2017 but when you compare it to the Kiwis with the likes of James Fisher-Harris, Joseph Tapine and Nelson Asofa-Solomona it starts to come into context.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

But it isn't really how the Aussies compare to 2017 that matters, it is how they compare to the other nations in 2022.

That Australian pack may not look massively different to 2017 but when you compare it to the Kiwis with the likes of James Fisher-Harris, Joseph Tapine and Nelson Asofa-Solomona it starts to come into context.

Don't forget tonga. I rate tongas forward pack over the aussies and maybe the Kiwis. Don't let the loss to the Kiwis make you think tongas weak. Trust me they'll be alot stronger this time

7 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Welsby, Makinson, Farnworth, Williams, Knowles, Radley, Bateman and Burgess would be there or thereabouts for the Green and Golds, if they were convicts.

You forgot to put a laughing emoji at the end. Radley yes no way Burgess makes it

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, AB90 said:

I would actually be very surprised if they went with him at Full Back.

Id personally stick him in the wing and put Staines at Full Back who I rate as a very good player (just needs to change team to cement a full back position).

You are judging Suali'i off a game where there we're 7 yellow cards. He was rushed in to fullback during the game and he actually wasn't that bad. I watched the matty podcast on TV where Cronk analysed his game at fullback and he reckons he showed alot of potential. Billy Slater also saw some good things from him. This World Cup will definitely send Suali'i to stardom if he lives up to his potential 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mojo said:

You forgot to put a laughing emoji at the end. Radley yes no way Burgess makes it

Radley would wouldn’t be selected as the same 13’s that keep him out of the NSW team will all be in the Aus team (Isiah Yeo, Jake T & Cameron Murray).

I assume it’s one of the reasons he now plays for England.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, AB90 said:

You serious? Those aussie props we're at there prime in that world cup and no one questioned them. They we're heavy favourites in 2017

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SydneyRoosters said:

I would add Luai because if Munster gets injured Mal would've definitely went with Luai over walker because of there combination at the panthers

15 minutes ago, Mojo said:

All really good players, so no need for any laughing emojis. Tom is going great for Soufs. I don't see why he wouldn't be in consideration - if he was from a land down under.

3 minutes ago, Mojo said:

You serious? Those aussie props we're at there prime in that world cup and no one questioned them. They we're heavy favourites in 2017

Klemmer I agree.

McLean has never played origin so if he has never been good enough for his state I would question how he was ever good enough for his country.

Woods in my opinion was vastly over rated (which is a common perception of him) and has subsequently never made a rep team since that WC.

Campbell Gillard was just a young, promising up and coming player at that time (he’s more in his prime now than back then).

Again, I don’t think they were that great in comparison to previous Aus front rows.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, AB90 said:

Radley would wouldn’t be selected as the same 13’s that keep him out of the NSW team will all be in the Aus team (Isiah Yeo, Jake T & Cameron Murray).

I assume it’s one of the reasons he now plays for England.

He'd be in the mix and the thoughts of the coach. That's all I'm saying for the England players I mentioned.

Klemmer I agree.

McLean has never played origin so if he has never been good enough for his state I would question how he was ever good enough for his country.

Woods in my opinion was vastly over rated (which is a common perception of him) and has subsequently never made a rep team since that WC.

Campbell Gillard was just a young, promising up and coming player at that time (he’s more in his prime now than back then).

Again, I don’t think they were that great in comparison to previous Aus front rows.

Very fair assessment IMO. Klem was some proposition back then!

Klemmer I agree.

They weren't as strong as there previous forward packs but you're comparing aussie forward pack to each other and they are at a very high standard. The only forward pack I thought it was close to them at the time was the English because of Jame's Graham and Sam Burgess. The Kiwis forward pack was rubbish and the tongans was up there too. But no way anyone questioned the aussies forwards