The World Cup

9 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

One would imagine that Shaun Lane has punched his boarding pass for the ship over with his performance for Parra today. 

Outstanding shift from him. Class and commitment!

That is one of the most resolute and dogged team performances I've seen in a while. NQ looked to be running downhill. I felt the dam had to break at some point. And yet, Parra stuck in it by the skin of their teeth.

I might have Lane at left edge for Australia. I think he's had a huge end to his season.

Matterson amd Cotter were outstanding, too.

Paolo, not so much 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

What's the Australian pack going to be? Must be shaping up to be one of the worst ever. They have the back to get them out of it but geez they look weak in the middle. 

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

6 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

What's the Australian pack going to be? Must be shaping up to be one of the worst ever. They have the back to get them out of it but geez they look weak in the middle. 

8 RCG

10 Tino

11 Crichton

12 Murray

13 Yeo

Still one of the strongest forward packs in the world. But other teams are definitely on par with them. The old days of Kangaroos forward pack being the best by a mile against other teams are long gone

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

The props should be RCG, Cotter, Carrigan, Trbojevic and Fa’asuamalueai. It’s pretty weak compared to the New Zealand pack, it’s also fairly undersized.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mojo said:

8 RCG

10 Tino

11 Crichton

12 Murray

13 Yeo

Still one of the strongest forward packs in the world. But other teams are definitely on par with them. The old days of Kangaroos forward pack being the best by a mile against other teams are long gone

You sure RCG is not going to be Fiji and Tino Samoa? It's decent but I don't see any real danger there and its's quite lightweight. There's a good chance that pack gets rolled by NZ, Tonga and Samoa in the middle. I would have said Eng too before Walmsley dropped out.

3736-mipm.gif

3 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

The props should be RCG, Cotter, Carrigan, Trbojevic and Fa’asuamalueai. It’s pretty weak compared to the New Zealand pack, it’s also fairly undersized.

3 or 4 13s in there. Agree that middle could get bashed quite easily. Not much experience at that level either apart from Jake T and he looked bust this season. I wouldnt want to go into big games with him or cotter at 10.

3736-mipm.gif

10 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

You sure RCG is not going to be Fiji and Tino Samoa? It's decent but I don't see any real danger there and its's quite lightweight. There's a good chance that pack gets rolled by NZ, Tonga and Samoa in the middle. I would have said Eng too before Walmsley dropped out.

RCG is definitely playing for Australia. I heard Tariq Sims hasn't been replying to the coach's email. And Tino who knows. He might pull out too because he'll feel left out being the only samoan in the aussie team lol this my ranking of top 3 forwards pack at the world cup.

1 Tonga

8 Addin-Fonua Blake

10 Ofahengaue

11 David Fifita/Olaku'atu/Frizell

12 Koloamatangi/Kaufusi

13 Taumalolo

2 Kangaroos

8 RCG

10 Tino

11 Crichton/Lane

12 Murray

13 Yeo

3 Kiwis

8 Fisher-Harris

10 Leota

11 Papali'i

12 Bromwich

13 Tapine

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mojo said:

RCG is definitely playing for Australia. I heard Tariq Sims hasn't been replying to the coach's email. And Tino who knows. He might pull out too because he'll feel left out being the only samoan in the aussie team lol this my ranking of top 3 forwards pack at the world cup.

1 Tonga

8 Addin-Fonua Blake

10 Ofahengaue

12 Koloamatangi/Kaufusi

13 Taumalolo

2 Kangaroos

8 RCG

10 Tino

11 Crichton/Lane

12 Murray

13 Yeo

3 Kiwis

8 Fisher-Harris

10 Leota

11 Papali'i

12 Bromwich

13 Tapine

I disagree the kiwis foward pack is far and away better than any other pack this World Cup. You saw what happend in July, Tonga’s fowards got absolutely destroyed by the kiwis and to say Australia’s foward pack is better than the kiwis is completely stupid. New zealand’s is so much better and it’s not even close

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

I disagree the kiwis foward pack is far and away better than any other pack this World Cup. You saw what happend in July, Tonga’s fowards got absolutely destroyed by the kiwis and to say Australia’s foward pack is better than the kiwis is completely stupid. New zealand’s is so much better and it’s not even close

100%. Kiwis are the team to beat. Australia's pack is weak but they only have to hang in there as the backline is unreal. I'd put the Aus pack behind England to be honest. When you're considering Matt Lodge it's not great, but you won with Arron Woods in 17 so who knows.

• Like 1

3736-mipm.gif

Just now, Tex Evans Thigh said:

100%. Kiwis are the team to beat. Australia's pack is weak but they only have to hang in there as the backline is unreal. I'd put the Aus pack behind England to be honest. When you're considering Matt Lodge it's not great, but you won with Arron Woods in 17 so who knows.

My top foward packs

1-Kiwis

2-England

3-Tonga

4-Aus

5-Samoa

6-Cook islands

7-France

8-Fiji

9-PNG

I would have put France over the Cook Islands but both of there starting props are out for the World Cup so yeah.

I also would have put Fiji higher put a lot of there starting pack has withdrawn or got injured in the last couple weeks.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

My top foward packs

1-Kiwis

2-England

3-Tonga

4-Aus

5-Samoa

6-Cook islands

7-France

8-Fiji

9-PNG

I would have put France over the Cook Islands but both of there starting props are out for the World Cup so yeah.

I also would have put Fiji higher put a lot of there starting pack has withdrawn or got injured in the last couple weeks.

come on, Fiji pack is going to be stronger than France and CI. France are so weak in the middle and CI are there to make the numbers up. Fiji will be strong Saifitis or not.

3736-mipm.gif

12 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

My top foward packs

1-Kiwis

2-England

3-Tonga

4-Aus

5-Samoa

6-Cook islands

7-France

8-Fiji

9-PNG

No way england has a stronger forward pack than tonga

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

My top foward packs

1-Kiwis

2-England

3-Tonga

4-Aus

5-Samoa

6-Cook islands

7-France

8-Fiji

9-PNG

Did sam burgess and James Graham come out of retirement? Because england wouldn't even be in the top 4

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

My top foward packs

1-Kiwis

2-England

3-Tonga

4-Aus

5-Samoa

6-Cook islands

7-France

8-Fiji

9-PNG

I appreciate that we all have our opinions but do you think you may potentially be over estimating the England team and their forward pack?? 

England are probably going to be rolling out guys like Luke Thompson and Ryan Sutton in the game day 17.

Do you really think if Luke Thompson was Australian he would be picked over Tino, RCG, Cotter, Jake T etc? He’s been pretty poor to the point that that there are always constant rumours of him being ‘moved on’ from Canterbury.

Most weeks this year Ryan Sutton couldn’t make the Canberra Raiders 17 playing the majority of the year in the NSW cup. 

Do you really think NZ, Aus, Tonga, Samoa are going ‘geez, how to we contain these guys’.

England/Great Britain have lost 6 of their last 8 games played with the only wins coming against France and the All Stars.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m rooting for England but I’m not going in with complete blind faith as I appreciate just how challenging this WC will be for us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Mojo said:

1 Tonga

8 Addin-Fonua Blake

10 Ofahengaue

12 Koloamatangi/Kaufusi

13 Taumalolo

2 Kangaroos

8 RCG

10 Tino

11 Crichton/Lane

12 Murray

13 Yeo

3 Kiwis

8 Fisher-Harris

10 Leota

11 Papali'i

12 Bromwich

13 Tapine

Tonga have so many props better than Ofahengau (imo). He’s been pretty poor since moving to the Tigers.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

You're basing this off a one off game. The kiwis spine won that game not the forwards. Tonga's forward pack will be better this world cup when Woolfe gets back and sets up the game plan that would suit the forwards. Before the loss against the kiwis the Tongan forwards did awesome against the kangaroos. And you ranking england second is laughable after they struggled against a team of stars in the SL that won't even get picked for the world cup

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AB90 said:

Tonga have so many props better than Ofahengau (imo). He’s been pretty poor since moving to the Tigers.

Been poor? He's been the most consistent prop all year out of those Tongan from rows. Taukeiaho has been in and out cause of injuries and same with Fonua-Blake.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Ofahanguae has been incredible this year. He’s probably gonna win dally m prop of the year what are you on about. 

I'm starting to think these English fans don't watch any NRL games and just look at highlights 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

I don't think Mal ever said anything about Matt Lodge that's just the media. And Matt Lodge won't even get close to that aussie team.

8 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Been poor? He's been the most consistent prop all year out of those Tongan from rows. Taukeiaho has been in and out cause of injuries and same with Fonua-Blake.

Maybe I’ve under estimated his form this year!

In saying that, he didn’t make the Tonga team in the NZ game earlier this year (was 18th man). I could be wrong but I still think he’s a bit lower down the pecking order of Tongan props.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AB90 said:

I appreciate that we all have our opinions but do you think you may potentially be over estimating the England team and their forward pack?? 

England are probably going to be rolling out guys like Luke Thompson and Ryan Sutton in the game day 17.

Do you really think if Luke Thompson was Australian he would be picked over Tino, RCG, Cotter, Jake T etc? He’s been pretty poor to the point that that there are always constant rumours of him being ‘moved on’ from Canterbury.

Most weeks this year Ryan Sutton couldn’t make the Canberra Raiders 17 playing the majority of the year in the NSW cup. 

Do you really think NZ, Aus, Tonga, Samoa are going ‘geez, how to we contain these guys’.

England/Great Britain have lost 6 of their last 8 games played with the only wins coming against France and the All Stars.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m rooting for England but I’m not going in with complete blind faith as I appreciate just how challenging this WC will be for us.

England's pack suffers massively without Walmsley. I dont know if sutton plays but agree he's not a top line forward. A middle of burgess/thompson/knowles/walmsley/radley/oledski isnt bad but i dont see who replaces Walmsley. Australians don't realise how good he is, and probably never will now.

• Like 3

3736-mipm.gif

5 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

England's pack suffers massively without Walmsley. I dont know if sutton plays but agree he's not a top line forward. A middle of burgess/thompson/knowles/walmsley/radley/oledski isnt bad but i dont see who replaces Walmsley. Australians don't realise how good he is, and probably never will now.

Walmsley is easily a top 5 prop in the game massive loss for England.

• Like 2