The World Cup

2 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Really we’re did you hear that from. He’s was exceptional last night I would think he would be a gurranteed starter. Him and Cobbo I think will be the wings or possibly Holmes if they wanted to start wighton.

Just reading between the lines from the comments i've seen on the socials. plenty of which say Addo-Carr is out of favour. Thats obvs just opinion.

Think Val Holmes has been great as a Centre the last couple of seasons. I'd have him in the centres over Wighton. Though the centre/wing selection decision is likely linked. 

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Just now, EastLondonMike said:

Just reading between the lines from the comments i've seen on the socials. plenty of which say Addo-Carr is out of favour. Thats obvs just opinion.

Think Val Holmes has been great as a Centre the last couple of seasons. I'd have him in the centres over Wighton. Though the centre/wing selection decision is likely linked. 

I’ve been thinking I wonder I’ve Bevan French is an outside chance at the Aussie side. It Really depends if Mal is considering super league players though.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

I’ve been thinking I wonder I’ve Bevan French is an outside chance at the Aussie side. It Really depends if Mal is considering super league players though.

Come on man do you really think the aussies will take it lightly that a SL player makes the kangaroos? The media will eat Mal alive 

5 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

TBH, I'd be amazed if he was. I honestly think every other NRL winger would be considered before French.

• Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

12 hours ago, The Legend said:

Will he pick some of the older experienced well capped lads like Hall, Watkins and Hill? Or will he give the inexperienced lads the platform and chance to make a name for themselves? 

15 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Ye Gods it would be depressing if he does

Watkins has been excellent this year as an edge forward and has the utility of being able to play centre if needed.  I think he would very much warrant a squad place.

I wouldn't have gone with Hill if Walmsley was fit but he has the kind of size we need in the front row so much be at least in consideration.

Hall has done well this year and his carries from the back are very good but so are others with more pace to their game now.

I would say (for the squad) Watkins yes, Hill maybe and Hall no.

But that's me, not Wane.

• Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

35 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Watkins has been excellent this year as an edge forward and has the utility of being able to play centre if needed.  I think he would very much warrant a squad place.

I wouldn't have gone with Hill if Walmsley was fit but he has the kind of size we need in the front row so much be at least in consideration.

Hall has done well this year and his carries from the back are very good but so are others with more pace to their game now.

I would say (for the squad) Watkins yes, Hill maybe and Hall no.

But that's me, not Wane.

I'm not saying Hill and Watkins are rubbish .....it's just depressing they are the 'best' option which they may well be 

I'm starting to get really worried about our WC campaign 

• Like 1

Apparently Meninga has added some players to his train on squad.  McLean and Nanai from the Cowboys plus two others (Holmes one no doubt).  I am sure some Souths players will be added as well but I can see the full story as every link is behind a firewall.  Anyone got the full details?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

England have named the Women's squad.

Dannielle Anderson, Caitlin Beevers, Keara Bennett (all Leeds Rhinos), Leah Burke, Jodie Cunningham (both St Helens), Hollie Dodd, Grace Field (both York City Knights), Fran Goldthorp (Leeds Rhinos), Amy Hardcastle, Zoe Harris (both St Helens), Zoe Hornby (Leeds Rhinos), Shona Hoyle, Tara Jones (both St Helens), Vicky Molyneux (Wigan Warriors), Carrie Roberts (St Helens), Georgia Roche (Leeds Rhinos), Emily Rudge (St Helens), Tara-Jane Stanley (York City Knights), Beth Stott, Paige Travis (both St Helens), Courtney Winfield-Hill (Leeds Rhinos), Vicky Whitfield (St Helens), Georgia Wilson (Wigan Warriors), Olivia Wood (York City Knights).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Jamie Lyon 2006 and Darren Smith 2003 there may be more but I know those two guys have.

I hate to be pedantic (that's a lie, I love pedantry) but Jamie Lyon was technically a Manly player when he played in the 2006 Tri-Nations. NRL contracts start on 1 November and Lyon didn't play in the first 2 games of that tournament. His first appearance was against England on 4 November 2006.

Obviously he was picked on the strength of his form at St Helens so you could say he was picked from outside the NRL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Apparently Meninga has added some players to his train on squad.  McLean and Nanai from the Cowboys plus two others (Holmes one no doubt).  I am sure some Souths players will be added as well but I can see the full story as every link is behind a firewall.  Anyone got the full details?

Didnt Jordan Mclean represent NZ previously? I could have sworn he was a kiwi.

Edit: just checked. Obvs not.

Edited by EastLondonMike

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'm not saying Hill and Watkins are rubbish .....it's just depressing they are the 'best' option which they may well be 

I'm starting to get really worried about our WC campaign 

Our strength in depth isn’t as good and I felt we needed to be as lucky as possible with injuries and getting our best players out there . We’ve took a big hit with Walmsley in particular . I’ll be really interested what Wane does then I’ll put a final word on whether I’m still quite optimistic 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Morgan Knowles has been banned again!… For now 

good job we have Victor Radley as a replacement - a good clean player who never gets himself into any sort of scrapes with the disciplinary 

• Haha 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

5 hours ago, Dunbar said:

England have named the Women's squad.

Dannielle Anderson, Caitlin Beevers, Keara Bennett (all Leeds Rhinos), Leah Burke, Jodie Cunningham (both St Helens), Hollie Dodd, Grace Field (both York City Knights), Fran Goldthorp (Leeds Rhinos), Amy Hardcastle, Zoe Harris (both St Helens), Zoe Hornby (Leeds Rhinos), Shona Hoyle, Tara Jones (both St Helens), Vicky Molyneux (Wigan Warriors), Carrie Roberts (St Helens), Georgia Roche (Leeds Rhinos), Emily Rudge (St Helens), Tara-Jane Stanley (York City Knights), Beth Stott, Paige Travis (both St Helens), Courtney Winfield-Hill (Leeds Rhinos), Vicky Whitfield (St Helens), Georgia Wilson (Wigan Warriors), Olivia Wood (York City Knights).

I’d be amazed if Hardcastle doesn’t end up getting herself a contract in the NRL after the tournament. 

16 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I’d be amazed if Hardcastle doesn’t end up getting herself a contract in the NRL after the tournament. 

I think there are a number of very good players in that squad.  The Aussies will win because of the quality of the competition they come from but I think quite a few of the England squad would do really well in the NRLW... of course we also want them to stay here and improve the women's game.

6 hours ago, Farmduck said:

I hate to be pedantic (that's a lie, I love pedantry) but Jamie Lyon was technically a Manly player when he played in the 2006 Tri-Nations. NRL contracts start on 1 November and Lyon didn't play in the first 2 games of that tournament. His first appearance was against England on 4 November 2006.

Obviously he was picked on the strength of his form at St Helens so you could say he was picked from outside the NRL.

Little bit pedantic mate...

Although Will Penisini probably deserves a centre spot for being a good player in a grand final team it must be very tempting to use Moses Suli with Siosifa Talakai. There is something very Tongan about having big strong powerful meter eating centres outside a massive pack.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Jamie Lyon 2006 and Darren Smith 2003 there may be more but I know those two guys have.

The big difference is both those guys had previously played origin and test football, so were known as elite players before they went to SL. French is different - he was a recognised talent in the NRL, but hasn't played rep football and wasn't even a permanent first grader when he left. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mojo said:

FB_IMG_1664236781107.jpg

Getting Hamlin-Uele from NZ is a big in, didn't even know Kaufusi was Samoan but he's chosen them over Tonga obviously. 

Seems strange that they haven't picked Taulagi over Feagai. **Edit** Taulagi chose Australia over Samoa so that makes a lot more sense.

Good to see Royce Hunt but strange to see no RFM.

Edited by UTK
  • Like 1