10-Michael Lawrence

11-AJ Wallace

12-Keenan Tomlinson

13-Joel Farrell

14-Marvin Thompson

15-Bradley Ho

16-Jordan Andrade

17-Khamisu McKain

Certainly a much worser team than expected, let’s hope New Zealand don’t Crack 100. 

• Like 2

The two games that don't make the BBC that surprise me the most are Aus vs Italy and Tonga vs Kukis. Samoa vs Greece also might be a better game than many seem to expect. I suppose it makes sense for the BBC to televise all of Scotland's and Wales' games, but it'll probably highlight blow-outs and less appealing games.

It's not as good as 2013 on Premier for a viewer in Ireland who can't access the BBC red button, but 24 men's pool games is WAY better than I was expecting. I thought they might go with circa 15 games, with the rest hidden away.

Elated also to hear that Vossy and Jenna Brooks are joining up with the Beeb. The rest of their panel don't really appeal to me all that much.

The RL pessimist in me was expecting much less. Rather pleasantly surprised with these unveilings/announcements.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Scottish squad:

Good Team 4 Scottish born players which is good 

plus they’ve selected a young talented team, Logan Bayliss is almost in the broncos top 30 squad and Bailey Howard killed it in jersey flegg last year it should be a fun interesting team to watch.

Fun fact: Luke Bain is born in New Hampshire USA.

• Thanks 1

Lebanon World Cup Squad

Jalal Bazzaz (Wests Illawarra), Adam Doueihi (Wests Tigers), Hanna El-Nachar (Penrith Panthers), Toufic El-Hajj (American University of Beirut), Elie El-Zakhem (Parramatta Eels), Atef Hamdan (Wolves, Lebanon), Kayne Kalache (Newtown Jets), Andrew Kazzi (Western Suburbs Magpies), Jacob Kiraz (Canterbury Bulldogs), Bilaal Maarbani (Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles), Anthony Layoun (St Marys Saints), Josh Mansour (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Josh Maree (Wentworthville United), Tony Maroun (Ryde-Eastwood Hawks), Abbas Miski (Wigan Warriors), Brandon Morkos (Canberra Raiders), Mitchell Moses (Parramatta Eels), Jaxson Rahme (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Khalil Rahme (Mt Pritchard Mounties), Khaled Rajab (Canterbury Bulldogs), Reece Robinson (unattached), James Roumanos (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles), Mikey Tannous (Wests Tigers), Charbel Tasipale (Newtown Jets).

Mitchell Moses Has been named despite pulling out the tournament, I assume he will be replaced in the coming days.

2 Lebanese Domestic Players have been named Toufic El-Hajj and Atef Hamdan. Besides them all players are born in Australia bar Charbel Tasipale who is from New Zealand.

Edited by SydneyRoosters
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Lebanon World Cup Squad

Jalal Bazzaz (Wests Illawarra), Adam Doueihi (Wests Tigers), Hanna El-Nachar (Penrith Panthers), Toufic El-Hajj (American University of Beirut), Elie El-Zakhem (Parramatta Eels), Atef Hamdan (Wolves, Lebanon), Kayne Kalache (Newtown Jets), Andrew Kazzi (Western Suburbs Magpies), Jacob Kiraz (Canterbury Bulldogs), Bilaal Maarbani (Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles), Anthony Layoun (St Marys Saints), Josh Mansour (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Josh Maree (Wentworthville United), Tony Maroun (Ryde-Eastwood Hawks), Abbas Miski (Wigan Warriors), Brandon Morkos (Canberra Raiders), Mitchell Moses (Parramatta Eels), Jaxson Rahme (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Khalil Rahme (Mt Pritchard Mounties), Khaled Rajab (Canterbury Bulldogs), Reece Robinson (unattached), James Roumanos (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles), Mikey Tannous (Wests Tigers), Charbel Tasipale (Newtown Jets).

Mitchell Moses Has been named despite pulling out the tournament, I assume he will be replaced in the coming days.

2 Lebanese Domestic Players have been named Toufic El-Hajj and Atef Hamdan. Besides them all players are born in Australia bar Charbel Tasipale who is from New Zealand.

Not a particularly strong squad

I’m glad Moses is in the Lebanon squad , I hope he doesn’t get picked by Australia and they get to keep him . Fitness permitting I think Graham could be out of the Scotland squad because he’s in the Aussie frame 

31 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’m glad Moses is in the Lebanon squad , I hope he doesn’t get picked by Australia and they get to keep him . Fitness permitting I think Graham could be out of the Scotland squad because he’s in the Aussie frame 

He’s just had a daughter so I’m 99.9% sure his going to pull out of the squad.

My Predicted Lebanon 17-

1-Anthony Layoun

2-Abbas Miski

3-Brandon Morkos

4-Jacob Kiraz

5-Josh Mansour

6-Khaled Rajab (Moses Likely To Pull out)

7-Adam Doueihi

8-Kayne Kalache

9-Michael Tannous

10-Hanna El-Nachar

11-Elie El-Zakhem

12-Charbel Tasipale

13-James Roumanos

14-Bilal Maarbani

15-Khalili Rahme

16-Jalal Bazzaz

17-Josh Maree

Edited by SydneyRoosters

58 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Moses won't make the kangaroos. Basically behind Cleary, DCE and Hynes. Aussies depth in the halves is ridiculous 

42 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

He’s just had a daughter so I’m 99.9% sure his going to pull out of the squad.

Surely they’d speak to him about that before they named the final squad . They’ve picked him in it 

20 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Moses won't make the kangaroos. Basically behind Cleary, DCE and Hynes. Aussies depth in the halves is ridiculous 

Yes I’d agree . A stellar GF may push him closer but it’s still tough 

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Surely they’d speak to him about that before they named the final squad . They’ve picked him in it 

He only just had his daughter 3 days ago And he has a grand final to play. I doubt the first thing on his mind will be to Lebanon about his Availability.

Edited by SydneyRoosters

Luke Keary and Richie Myler in the Ireland squad.  As is Harry Rushton and James Bentley. 

James Bentley, Richie Myler (Leeds Rhinos), Kenan Brand, Ed Chamberlain (Leigh Centurions), Liam Byrne, James McDonnell (Wigan Warriors), Josh Cook (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), Frankie Halton, George King (capt), Louis Senior (Hull KR), James Hasson (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Jaimin Jolliffe (Gold Coast Titans), Luke Keary (Sydney Roosters), Joe Keyes (Halifax Panthers), Toby King, Robbie Mulhern (Warrington Wolves), Ben Mathiou (Featherstone Rovers), Ronan Michael, Brendan O'Hagan (York City Knights), Dan Norman (St Helens), Henry O'Kane (West Tigers), Harry Rushton, Innes Senior (Huddersfield Giants), Michael Ward (Batley Bulldogs).

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

He only just had his daughter 3 days ago And he has a grand final to play. I doubt the first thing on his mind will be to Lebanon about his Availability.

Right ok , he may pull out but he I can’t see anywhere that he’s pulled out which you stated