The World Cup

4 hours ago, The_Gun said:

I’ll caveat this by saying I don’t know which sides the outside backs usually play on, but a stab at NZ’s starting 13:

1. Manu

2. Rapana

3. Hiku

4. Kris

5. Mulitalo

6. Brown

7. Hughes

8. Leota

9. Smith

10. Asofa Solomona

11. Tapine

12. Papali’i

13. Fisher Harris

14. Waerea Hargreaves 

15. J. Bromwich

16. Nikora 

17. Foran

Comfortably the strongest pack in the competition for me, and I feel as though they’ll overrun most teams they play. Australia for sure have better backs, but in a hypothetical semi-final I’d only have it 55/45 in Oz’s favour.

So, seeing that set out, that's a really good team! I hadn't really thought or appreciated how sting and balanced the kiwis would look!. 

We look god too. And Samoa. And all the other European nations look interesting.

Starting to get a bit excited 😊 

Edited by thebrewxi
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, The_Gun said:

I’ll caveat this by saying I don’t know which sides the outside backs usually play on, but a stab at NZ’s starting 13:

1. Manu

2. Rapana

3. Hiku

4. Kris

5. Mulitalo

6. Brown

7. Hughes

8. Leota

9. Smith

10. Asofa Solomona

11. Tapine

12. Papali’i

13. Fisher Harris

14. Waerea Hargreaves 

15. J. Bromwich

16. Nikora 

17. Foran

Comfortably the strongest pack in the competition for me, and I feel as though they’ll overrun most teams they play. Australia for sure have better backs, but in a hypothetical semi-final I’d only have it 55/45 in Oz’s favour.

I don't think it is the strongest backline but the pack and spine are excellent. 

Although I don't see Tapine playing on the edge as he was the form front rower in the competition in the back half of the year.

• Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Looks good in blue 😉

FB_IMG_1664596197249.jpg

I honestly don’t even care that he’s playing for Samoa. The only thing I care about is that if he’s playing for Samoa to get a gig at fullback. He’s already said he’s only staying at roosters if Tedesco leaves. As a roosters fan I’m extremely worried.

Just now, SydneyRoosters said:

I honestly don’t even care that he’s playing for Samoa. The only thing I care about is that if he’s playing for Samoa to get a gig at fullback. He’s already said he’s only staying at roosters if Tedesco leaves. As a roosters fan I’m extremely worried.

Is that you Paul Kent?

11 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

He never said he'll leave if Teddy stays. What a load of rubbish

8 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Is that you Paul Kent?

I don’t want it too be true but It is highly that it is a factor. After all he literally said he still wants to play for australia after this World Cup. I’m fairly confident his decision was based mostly on wanting to find a starting fullback contract in the nrl.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

I don’t want it too be true but It is highly that it is a factor. After all he literally said he still wants to play for australia after this World Cup. I’m fairly confident his decision was based mostly on wanting to find a starting fullback contract in the nrl.

Wrong again he never said he wanted to play for Australia eveytime media asked him he said he doesn't know yet

6 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

He didn’t but his mentor did, which Suaalii obviously would have approved and told him to say it.

Wrong again. It was a art dealer who scouted Suaali'i at Souths that came out with that statement. Suaalii had nothing to do with it.

2 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Yeah I’m quite worried. I would honestly rather him play for wallabies than play for another NRL club though.

I'm gonna ask you because your a roosters fan and I know you watch the roosters games very closely. I've watched the roosters vs souths games a few times now to see how Suaali'i went at his first game as a fullback. And tbh he looked very good for someone his age and the situation he was put in, in such a physical game. I thought his kick returns was amazing the way he hit the line with no fear. There were a few times he ran at Burgess at full pace. He created himself alot of opportunities but didn't have the experience to know when to pass. I don't know about you but I saw superstar potential in him from that game. I wasn't before but that game really showed me he's gonna be a superstar next year if he stays 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mojo said:

I'm gonna ask you because your a roosters fan and I know you watch the roosters games very closely. I've watched the roosters vs souths games a few times now to see how Suaali'i went at his first game as a fullback. And tbh he looked very good for someone his age and the situation he was put in, in such a physical game. I thought his kick returns was amazing the way he hit the line with no fear. There were a few times he ran at Burgess at full pace. He created himself alot of opportunities but didn't have the experience to know when to pass. I don't know about you but I saw superstar potential in him from that game. I wasn't before but that game really showed me he's gonna be a superstar next year if he stays 

I thought he did fairly well under immense pressure. From that game alone I wouldn’t say there superstar fullback potential shone but I have no doubt he will shine in that position later on in he’s career. He was fantasic on kick returns and gave us a good head start every set. However it became really obvious when Tedesco came off.

He is still a way off being at starting first grade fullback in my opinion. He’s ball Distribution was quite average and he didn’t add any real playmaking abilty. At times it looked like he was trying too hard to make something happen. Possibly to do with the excitement of playing fullback for the first time with the roosters season on the line. 

He is a very raw fullback but I have no doubt in a few years time under the correct coaches and getting more and more experience playing at 1 he could become a special fullback.

As for how he’ll go at the World Cup, I am still questioning it but we’ll see. I think we’ll see him make fantastic kick returns, Many metres and many line breaks, especially against the likes of Greece and France. but I’m not sure how or if he will get involved with playmaking (Something needed in a modern day fullback). Though it is quite unfair to make a judgement of his playmaking as we’ve only seen him play on the wing this season. Though I know he used to play a lot of 6 in his juniors days so we’ll see he how does.

Edited by SydneyRoosters
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

I thought he did fairly well under immense pressure. From that game alone I wouldn’t say there superstar fullback potential shone but I have no doubt he will shine in that position later on in he’s career. He was fantasic on kick returns and gave us a good head start every set. However it became really obvious when Tedesco came off.

He is still a way off being at starting first grade fullback in my opinion. He’s ball Distribution was quite average and he didn’t add any real playmaking abilty. At times it looked like he was trying too hard to make something happen. Possibly to do with the excitement of playing fullback for the first time with the roosters season on the line. 

He is a very raw fullback but I have no doubt in a few years time under the correct coaches and getting more and more experience playing at 1 he could become a special fullback.

As for how he’ll go at the World Cup, I am still questioning it but we’ll see. I think we’ll see him make fantastic kick returns, Many metres and many line breaks, especially against the likes of Greece and France. but I’m not sure how or if he will get involved with playmaking (Something needed in a modern day fullback). Though it is quite unfair to make a judgement of his playmaking as we’ve only seen him play on the wing this season. Though I know he used to play a lot of 6 in his juniors days so we’ll see he how does.

I agree on the getting too excited part. I could see the roosters boys hyping him up when Tedesco went off. I think if he trained at fullback all year with the roosters and set a game plan system around him, he would've played well. But when your stuck behind the best fullback and a top 5 fullback in Manu I highly doubt he trained at fullback at all. The world cup is his chance to prove it. And Daniel Holdsworth will definitely set up a few plays for him in the world cup. And if I was England i would definitely keep an eye on Suaali'i. Thanks for the feedback mate really appreciate it 👍🏾 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mojo said:

I agree on the getting too excited part. I could see the roosters boys hyping him up when Tedesco went off. I think if he trained at fullback all year with the roosters and set a game plan system around him, he would've played well. But when your stuck behind the best fullback and a top 5 fullback in Manu I highly doubt he trained at fullback at all. The world cup is his chance to prove it. And Daniel Holdsworth will definitely set up a few plays for him in the world cup. And if I was England i would definitely keep an eye on Suaali'i. Thanks for the feedback mate really appreciate it 👍🏾 

I hope he learns a lot playing at full back for Samoa. I’m excited to see how he’ll go next year as he looks set to move into the centres.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I don't think it is the strongest backline but the pack and spine are excellent. 

Although I don't see Tapine playing on the edge as he was the form front rower in the competition in the back half of the year.

I was just thinking that NZ have a lot of good props, so if they want to get all their best forwards on at once Tapine has played a lot of his career in the back row. I believe he started at lock in their last game anyway, so perhaps that’s where he’s most likely to play. They have great options regardless.