10 Junior Paulo

11 Luciano Leilua

12 Jayd'n Sua

13 Josh Aloiai

14 Chanel Harris-Tevita

15 Braden Hamlin-Uele

16 Spence Leniu

17 Kelma Tuilagi/ Oregon Kaufusi

That is very well balanced team with 8 players playing in the grand final this week. 

No space for Josh Papalii?? Surley he’s the starting prop.

• Like 4

My 17:

1 The Hammer

2 Suaalii

3 Whiskey Tago Foxtrot

4 Crichton

5 To'o

6 Luai

7 The Milf (I don't think he's a #7 at all though)

8 Hunt

9 Levi

10 Paulo

11 Leilua

12 Sua

13 May

14 CHT

15 Papalii

16 Leniu

17 Aloiai

Edited by StandOffHalf
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AB90 said:

No space for Josh Papalii?? Surley he’s the starting prop.

My bad forgot about him I'll definitely have him off the bench over Tuilagi. I like Papali'i off the bench he doesn't have the engine to play long minutes like he used to

3 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

My 17:

1 The Hammer

2 Suaalii

3 Whiskey Tago Foxtrot

4 Crichton

5 To'o

6 Luai

8 Hunt

9 Levi

10 Paulo

11 Leilua

12 Sua

13 May

14 CHT

15 Hamlin-Uele

16 Leniu

17 Aloiai

I like May at 13. He has the ball skills to move the ball out wide

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Now you're just talking rubbish. Imagine the Kiwis picking Sj over Brown because of loyalty and international experience. I'm pretty sure playing origin and in the NRL finals will make them get used to playing alot of games in a row. Like I said if they were playing tier 1 nations every year I would understand but international footy is joke at the moment. Hopefully after this successful world cup they add more games next year

That’s not what I’m saying at all, brown is a top 10 player in the world whilst SJ doesn’t even crack the top 100 players.

I am saying players like bounty Afoa should have been selected over guys like Oregon Kaufusi.  David Nofoaluma should have selected over Mat Feagai. It’s the players are in similar form but one is a lot experienced yet they didn’t get picked is what I’m complaining about.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Yeah, a ball-playing 13 adds an extra touch of danger in attack. I think he could go well there.

I added Papalii to my bench. Forgot about Big Papa!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyRoosters said:

That’s not what I’m saying at all, brown is a top 10 player in the world whilst SJ doesn’t even crack the top 100 players.

I am saying players like bounty Afoa should have been selected over guys like Oregon Kaufusi.  David Nofoaluma should have selected over Mat Feagai. It’s the players are in similar form but one is a lot experienced yet they didn’t get picked is what I’m complaining about.

Yeah, I think I'm totally on-board with this sentiment.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

My 17:

1 The Hammer

2 Suaalii

3 Whiskey Tago Foxtrot

4 Crichton

5 To'o

6 Luai

8 Hunt

9 Levi

10 Paulo

11 Leilua

12 Sua

13 May

14 CHT

15 Papalii

16 Leniu

17 Aloiai

I’m worried the Big boys for Samoa won’t have the stamina to be able to play for long periods of time. I think Englands middle of Radley, Oledzki and Thompson should kill it late game as they are all very fit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mojo said:

I could be wrong but if Samoa have named 8 props that would probably indicate they plan on playing a ‘traditional’ big man or prop at 13 (Tapua, Aloiai etc).

• Like 1

I could be wrong but if Samoa have named 8 props that would probably indicate they plan on playing a ‘traditional’ big man or prop at 13 (Tapua, Aloiai etc).

Yeah, I'd wager that Aloiai will start with big Marty on the interchange.

I was just playing coach in my head. I don't expect them to go with May at lock.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Feagai made it over Nofoaluma because of the number of position he can play in the backs. Nofoaluma is very unlucky but I can tell the samoan starting backline is already picked and the rest of the backs are players who plays numerous position to cover. Afoa has been with the samoan team a while but tbh he hasn't really set the world on fire in all the samoan games and Kaufusi has been playing very well for the eels. And I also think having the Sharks attacking coach to set up the samoan offensive system had a say in most of those selections.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Feagai made it over Nofoaluma because of the number of position he can play in the backs. Nofoaluma is very unlucky but I can tell the samoan starting backline is already picked and the rest of the backs are players who plays numerous position to cover. Afoa has been with the samoan team a while but tbh he hasn't really set the world on fire in all the samoan games and Kaufusi has been playing very well for the eels. And I also think having the Sharks attacking coach to set up the samoan offensive system had a say in most of those selections.

I agree that Kaufusi and Feagai have been better this year than Nofoaluma and Afoa this year. But sometimes you have to sacrifice a little of form for some welll needed experience.

I didn’t know they had Daniel Holdsworth until know, he’ll be a big addition if he can get the attack playing well. Samoa’s coaching staff looks pretty stacked they have a total of 6 coaches.

Edited by SydneyRoosters
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SydneyRoosters said:

@Mojo I don’t think you understand what we’re saying, there are only 6 players in the whole squad who have played more than 2 tests for Samoa.

It is an extremely young and inexperienced side and to be a successful rugby league you must have a good mix of youth and experience and Samoa do not have that.

not to mention besides a few Penrith players in the backline practically none of this team have ever played together. For them to go in with no experience and no warm up game and beat England is going to all but impossible.

this team is very much a choose the most inform and well known players and hope for the best. But international footy is a whole different ball game and I Personally can’t see them doing anything remotely special at this World Cup.

To say that it is ‘going to be all but impossible’ for Samoa to beat England is a crazy statement (respectfully)!

You must know something we and the general public don’t as the bookies in Aus have it as almost a 50/50.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AB90 said:

To say that it is ‘going to be all but impossible’ for Samoa to beat England is a crazy statement (respectfully)!

You must know something we and the general public don’t as the bookies in Aus have it as almost a 50/50.

It’s a bit of hyperbole but I just think the fitness, experience, atmosphere and sheer skill difference of the teams should give England a fairly comfortable win. My prediction would be like 20-6 Englands way.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

It’s a bit of hyperbole but I just think the fitness, experience, atmosphere and sheer skill difference of the teams should give England a fairly comfortable win. My prediction would be like 20-6 Englands way.

Love your confidence. It should be a good opener. Samoa to win it but it should be a close game. England at home makes them tough to beat

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Love your confidence. It should be a good opener. Samoa to win it but it should be a close game. England at home makes them tough to beat

i think it will be a close low scoring game. I suspect most of the points to be scored later on the match, but it will be very entertaining i cant wait.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Fair enough but as I mentioned to you before a have a feeling you may be over estimating the English team considering England/Great Britain have lost 6 of their last 8 games with some of those losses coming against pretty poor opposition (PNG, World All Stars).

But I hope your right.

• Like 1

Fair enough but as I mentioned to you before a have a feeling you may be over estimating the English team considering England/Great Britain have lost 6 of their last 8 games with some of those losses coming against pretty poor opposition (PNG, World All Stars).

But I hope your right.

I don’t think you can really count Great Britain they literary had an Australian half back starting on the wing.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

I don’t think you can really count Great Britain they literary had an Australian half back starting on the wing.

Surely that's not the reason they lost to a png team mostly full of players from the reserve grade. You gotta give credit to png. GB had forwards stacked with star English players and still did nothing against png.

2 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Surely that's not the reason they lost to a png team mostly full of players from the reserve grade. You gotta give credit to png. GB had forwards stacked with star English players and still did nothing against png.

He was terrible he dropped like 3 balls and was atrocious on defence. Not to discredit PNG Though they were outstanding.

Edited by SydneyRoosters

My PNG 17

1-Alex Johnston

2-Xavier Coates*

3-Justin Olam

4-Nene MacDonald

5-Eden’s Gebbie

6-Kyle Laybutt

7-Lachlan Lam

8-Wellington Albert

9-Edwin Ipape

10-Sylvester Namo

11-Nixon Putt

12-Rhyse Martin

13-Jacob Alick

14-Liam Horne

15-McKenzie Yei

16-Zev John

17-Dan Russell

PNG to beat Tonga, I know it’s a big call but Definitely think the can do it especially now that taumalolo’s out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

My PNG 17

1-Alex Johnston

2-Xavier Coates*

3-Justin Olam

4-Nene MacDonald

5-Eden’s Gebbie

6-Kyle Laybutt

7-Lachlan Lam

8-Wellington Albert

9-Edwin Ipape

10-Sylvester Namo

11-Nixon Putt

12-Rhyse Martin

13-Jacob Alick

14-Liam Horne

15-McKenzie Yei

16-Zev John

17-Dan Russell

PNG to beat Tonga, I know it’s a big call but Definitely think the can do it especially now that taumalolo’s out.

Ok you think PNG has a chance to beat Tonga but you think Samoa has no chance against England lol

3 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

He was terrible he dropped like 3 balls and was atrocious on defence. Not to discredit PNG Though they were outstanding.

And any thoughts on the below pack that got dominated by PNG (plus Tonga & NZ on that tour)?

8.Chris Hill

9.Josh Hodgson

10.Tom Burgess

11.John Bateman 

12.Eliot Whitehead

13.James Graham

Subs: Luke Thompson, Alex Walsmley, Josh Jones, Daryl Clark

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Lol of course you conveniently don’t count the GB tour like it never even happened!

• Haha 1