Who to pick????

1 minute ago, Derwent said:

The point is that he’s trying to make a rather poor joke.

But you’re right, Tomkins hasn’t officially been announced. But he will be.

but you couldnt resist joining in when the penny clicked -lol

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

i dont watch all the knights games as they are a very ordinary team full of very ordinary players which is the reason they are where they are at the min 

I thought this was the amazing NRL. There are two teams with less points and two more on the same. That’s a lot of ordinary teams and players 

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

i dont watch all the knights games as they are a very ordinary team full of very ordinary players which is the reason they are where they are at the min 

I thought this was the amazing NRL. There are two teams with less points and two more on the same. That’s a lot of ordinary teams and players 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Derwent said:

The point is that he’s trying to make a rather poor joke.

But you’re right, Tomkins hasn’t officially been announced. But he will be.

Yeh I was guessing I’ll admit ! 

1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

The Knights are just awful.  They have enough good players but they seem incapable of any creativity.  It is just 80 minutes of middle hit ups then a first man play to an edge forward and then a kick... over and over and over again.

I watch them because I want to see how Young is doing (remarkably well on the scraps he has been given to work with) but otherwise I may have given up.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

take 3 x factor players out of any top nrl side and a lot of the others suddenly look very ordinary 

14 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

But you still wrote Young off after not watching him much & yet you formed the opinion that Hunt & DCE are kicking geniuses,did you come to that conclusion on a couple of games too,because they play for ordinary teams.

7 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

But you still wrote Young off after not watching him much & yet you formed the opinion that Hunt & DCE are kicking geniuses,did you come to that conclusion on a couple of games too,because they play for ordinary teams.

yer - origin teams are very ordinary - pick young or anyone you like in your team on these forums if u think thats the right choice - these are only forums for banter and opinion and the team will be picked by SW  and his staff - its just our online opinions - dont take it serious cos it wont make a difference what we say or think to who gets the nod in real life- its just fantasy footy on here

12 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Doesn’t look good. Will be a huge shame if he misses out.

Massive shame for England 

Out of interest if a hamstring goes and is repaired is it like when a bone repairs and it is stronger? I.e. if it's the other hamstring and he has had both then are both then good to go and less likely to go again? 

3 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Out of interest if a hamstring goes and is repaired is it like when a bone repairs and it is stronger? I.e. if it's the other hamstring and he has had both then are both then good to go and less likely to go again? 

I'm certainly no expert on such things. Probably depends on a a number of things. How bad the strain/tear, the type of rehab, and time given to fully recover etc. Being young you'd imagine it would be easier to overcome, but plenty of players come back from such injuries then re-injure.

• Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

37 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It really isn't.

Whilst i'm no athlete, i tore mine in 2019. I still get cramps in it randomly. Worst injury ive ever had.

• Confused 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Just now, Davo5 said:

Yeah after all we’ve got huge pool of quality centre’s Sarginson or Lyne ?

They’ve both obviously had bad hamstring injuries which have never healed and badly affected their mobility. And given them bad cramps in their hands during games 

59 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

It really isn't.

Whilst i'm no athlete, i tore mine in 2019. I still get cramps in it randomly. Worst injury ive ever had.

Yeah hamstring injuries are terrible and I think you are certainly more susceptible to them once you've had them. They are often caused by weaknesses elsewhere, poor flexibility and muscle imbalances and these things aren't that easy to fix and require long term changes.

4 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Ask Michael Owen.... never the same player after his hamstring went the first time. Someone with more medical knowledge may want to correct me but my understanding is that unless it's a serious break (compound fracture/multiple breaks etc) then you'd take a break over serious ligament/tendon injuries every day of the week. I had an ankle reconstruction about 5 years ago after having struggled for about 20 years with football related ankle injuries. Surgeon said I had so much scar tissue that I'd end up in a wheelchair if I didn't have the op. Once that weakness is there you're never quite the same again.

• Like 1

in our day we didn't have hamstrings or physios - we had fags and rubbing lard - turned out 550 times for Stankmore rovers as well as playing cricket on a Sunday, 10 pints at the darts match on a Monday night and working as a roofer 5 days a week 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

in our day we didn't have hamstrings or physios - we had fags and rubbing lard - turned out 550 times for Stankmore rovers as well as playing cricket on a Sunday, 10 pints at the darts match on a Monday night and working as a roofer 5 days a week 

Lump of solid cold poison for tea too I reckon. But you were appy right?

7 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Try an tell the young people of today that, and they won't believe you...

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris