Workington (A)

Blind side johnny

For anyone thinking of making the trip up to Workington on Sunday reduced price tickets can be obtained here: Buy tickets / Join the guestlist – 3000 TOWNIES V DEWSBURY RAMS – Derwent Park Stadium, Sun 21 Aug 2022 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM (tickettailor.com)

They need to be purchased by Friday 19th to obtain the discount.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I've an idea

If a bus is going with the players is half full🤔

Why not sell seats for the fans to travel with the team, if its a 52 seater and players are only fill half of it, if you sold of the spare 26 places at £15 a head that would raise £390 towards the cost of the coach, you could push that over £400 with a raffle or domino cards

Just an idea

Specially with it only a tenner in at Workington 🤔

• Like 2

14 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

150 miles .... 2 O clock kick off .... if the roads are quiet .. might give it a go!! ... anyone else thinking of going .... Ryder ... MacGowan and maybe Fergie .... might get to see a decent game !! 

The Wooden Spoon Arm Wrestle of the year - who wouldn't be tempted by that?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

BSJ, I saw on the W Town forum ( my loyalties forbid me from posting on their page!) that you asked about pies , there is a very good pie maker near to Workington who unfortunately is closed on sundays but they may supply some of the petrol stations you will pass nearby, website cottagepiebakery.co.uk if you give them a ring they may be able to let you know who they supply, they are very good pies !  Best of luck for the game!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, how are we going to do? Our last win was against Workington but they gave us a tanning in the cup. The tipsters are predicting a win for them which, despite the fact that their relegation is already confirmed, could give them the satisfaction of sending us down with them. I would like to think that we could leave this division with a small boost from a couple of wins. However, knowing what our form has been like and knowing what poor travellers we usually are up to Cumbria, my head suggest a defeat.

Town 24 - 18 Rams

FTS Butterworth

Att: 1005

• Like 1

For those of us going to Workington, or the mildly interested, here is the squad for Sunday’s outing:

Beckett, Blackmore, Blagbrough, Butterworth, Carr, Davies, Dixon, FERGUSON, Graham, Greensmith, Kirby, Knowles, Mathiou, McGowan, Ryder, Schofield, Stevens, Sweeting, Sykes, Turner, Walker  

I suppose the big talking point is who will miss out, McGowan or Turner, won’t it?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

On 15/08/2022 at 19:26, the old nine ole said:

150 miles .... 2 O clock kick off .... if the roads are quiet .. might give it a go!! ... anyone else thinking of going .... Ryder ... MacGowan and maybe Fergie .... might get to see a decent game !! 

I went up to watch Batley earlier in the season and it was probably the best away day of the season imo, even despite a pretty poor performance by the dogs.

The hospitality was first class and a great set of fans in a proper old fashioned rugby ground.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

So, how are we going to do? Our last win was against Workington but they gave us a tanning in the cup. The tipsters are predicting a win for them which, despite the fact that their relegation is already confirmed, could give them the satisfaction of sending us down with them. I would like to think that we could leave this division with a small boost from a couple of wins. However, knowing what our form has been like and knowing what poor travellers we usually are up to Cumbria, my head suggest a defeat.

Town 24 - 18 Rams

FTS Butterworth

Att: 1005

Not all bad away from home, narrow defeat at Widnes and a draw at Newcastle. Suspect Ferguson inclusion is just a diversion but reckon we can win this one.

With both HW teams being far away today I was hoping the Dewsbury game would be covered by BBC radio Cumbria, but it appears not 😒

Worky 16 Dewsbury 26

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

A gritty win and our relegation confirmed all on the same day.

😳 😳

• Like 1
  • Sad 2