Sunday 18th September 2022

Andrew Vause

This is a sad milestone for Rovers and our fans. It marks 10000 days since we were allowed to play our last top flight game of Rugby League. 

For those who remember or those that weren't even born it was a 36-14 victory over Oldham on Sunday 23rd April 1995. 

For myself and no doubt many others it remains the saddest day in sport. The lad I went to the match with that day Tim Lee was an ardent fan and sadly, he like many others have passed on since and will never see Rovers in the top flight again. Let's hope it's not another 10000 days, although I fear that the game as a whole hasn't got that long left in its present state. 

4 hours ago, Andrew Vause said:

This is a sad milestone for Rovers and our fans. It marks 10000 days since we were allowed to play our last top flight game of Rugby League. 

For those who remember or those that weren't even born it was a 36-14 victory over Oldham on Sunday 23rd April 1995. 

For myself and no doubt many others it remains the saddest day in sport. The lad I went to the match with that day Tim Lee was an ardent fan and sadly, he like many others have passed on since and will never see Rovers in the top flight again. Let's hope it's not another 10000 days, although I fear that the game as a whole hasn't got that long left in its present state. 

Very sad day, I remember it well, I was heartbroken just to have my beloved team cast aside as though they didn’t matter. My Dad was gutted having Rovers been a huge part of his life although he like me still turned up week in week out. Sadly he’s no longer here to witness the fight we’ve now endured all this time. 

• Like 3

Im Fev and im proud

Who can forget Oldham Bears they did play in the first season of SL.and when relegated had a debt of 2million quid.R.F.L wanted them to merge with Salford but like us the supporters of both clubs threw that suggestion out of the window.I think parts of Oldham were in Yorkshire i know when i played at school Oldham schools played in Yorkshire.