North Wales v Swinton to be played at Victoria Park, Warrington.

With Eirias Park being unavailable due to the pitch being relaid, our last home game of the regular season will be played at Victoria Park, in Warrington, on Saturday 3rd September, KO at 14:30.

I expect that re-arranging this game has been a huge challenge to the club, and highlights the obstacles we face in North Wales when we can't secure a venue in our own area. I also expect the situation is further complicated by the likelihood of us finishing second or third and gaining "home" advantage in the playoffs.

• Like 3

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

15 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Hey-ho, can't be helped, with rugby of one form or other being played on it for 12 months of the year the pitch would need work. Do we know definitely that we can't get Zipworld for the rest of the season?

RGC are reversing their first two home fixtures, which are on 10th September and 8th October due to the pitch works. So with the League 1 playoff final on the first weekend in October, it does appear that the ground will be unavailable for the rest of the season.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

3 hours ago, fearnowt said:

With Eirias Park being unavailable due to the pitch being relaid, our last home game of the regular season will be played at Victoria Park, in Warrington, on Saturday 3rd September, KO at 14:30.

I expect that re-arranging this game has been a huge challenge to the club, and highlights the obstacles we face in North Wales when we can't secure a venue in our own area. I also expect the situation is further complicated by the likelihood of us finishing second or third and gaining "home" advantage in the playoffs.

You might have to ask the travellers to move first

• Like 1

Here we go again .....

Disapointing as I know a number of our fans had already booked accomodation, could be a pivital match as well

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

If only Druids hadn't put the wrong type of AstroTurf down at the Rock ☹️ Caldy was bad, but Warrington for a home game??? 

I note Wrexham are away that weekend, have we approached the soccer club about coming home to the Racecourse for that one game?

Is it worth a word in some Hollywood ears about it???

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, FearNothing said:

If only Druids hadn't put the wrong type of AstroTurf down at the Rock ☹️ Caldy was bad, but Warrington for a home game??? 

I note Wrexham are away that weekend, have we approached the soccer club about coming home to the Racecourse for that one game?

Is it worth a word in some Hollywood ears about it???

I did wonder about Druids having gone there previously (against Swinton ironically enough). You would think the artificial pitch would be more conducive to hiring it out? I know there would be the cost involved of getting the pitch marked, but maybe that could be used as a leverage to become something of a semi-permanent back up plan for whenever Eirias isn’t available, particularly as Druids obviously won’t be affected during pitch maintenance season. 

• Like 1

Druids would have us back tomorrow, problem is their pitch is only certified for football, not for rugby.

As for the Hollywood owners at Wrexham FC, I doubt if they have ever heard of us, or even be remotely aware that we used to play there, Wrexham Supporters Trust will have made sure of that during the takeover.

All the talk a few weeks ago regarding the pitch works at Eirias, is that it is being replaced with a new artificial surface, although I can't find anything on the internet to confirm this. If this is the case, you can be sure that the council will not want to lose out on the union under 20's six nations, so it will be the required standard for rugby.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mark said:

Disapointing as I know a number of our fans had already booked accomodation, could be a pivital match as well

I share your disappointment, I've booked my last available half day off work to go to the game, not sure if I can make it now.

Looking on the bright side for Swinton, it's not so far for you to travel and I expect Swinton fans will be in the majority on the day.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Hey-ho, can't be helped, with rugby of one form or other being played on it for 12 months of the year the pitch would need work. Do we know definitely that we can't get Zipworld for the rest of the season?

Zipworld would raise the bar to batley...

• Haha 1