Fri 19 Aug: SL: Wigan Warriors v Toulouse Olympique KO 20:00

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Toulouse Olympique

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/08/22 at 19:30

20 minutes ago, Oxford said:

At least this rubbish end of it is sorted now and maybe we can settle the truly exciting who'll make the top six battle.

That's a personal thing for you to say Oxy considering your club is well and truly entrenched in that battle, I agree with you in that the relegation games have now most likely ended but if it hadn't it would still be high up in a lot of people's interest chart. These pages have in recent weeks generated more column inches aimed at the bottom end of the table than both the very top and who will make the playoffs because it was simply more exciting and interesting, and whatever you say we need that in our game, long live P&R.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

That's a personal thing for you to say Oxy considering your club is well and truly entrenched in that battle, I agree with you in that the relegation games have now most likely ended but if it hadn't it would still be high up in a lot of people's interest chart. These pages have in recent weeks generated more column inches aimed at the bottom end of the table than both the very top and who will make the playoffs because it was simply more exciting and interesting, and whatever you say we need that in our game, long live P&R.

Actuall 'arry in some ways I wish we weren't and now we're safe I'd rather concentrate on next year TBH. An interest in car crashes is a turn on for loads of people and I'm sure much of that interest also stemmed from people who wish it was two clubs going down especially if it was both french sides. There are many things which create magic and international interest in sport and it's ability to sell itself on a global scale and for all the championing that goes on on these pages P&R isn't one of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

It was a pretty routine win for Wigan without ever really getting out of 2nd gear. I'm a big fan of having Toulouse in Super League and wish there was a way to give them time to grow in the competition but you also can't hide from the fact that they knew what they were up against at the start of the year but seemingly haven't really bothered to strengthen their squad sufficiently. I know the losses of Kheirallah and Ford were a blow but it's debatable whether they'd be Super League quality anyway. It's great that they've caught a few teams out at home and managed to beat the champions, but they've gone the entire year with a championship standard team as if they expected to be given an exemption from relegation. It's a bit of a wasted opportunity because it's not like they'd struggle to attract players. Toulouse going down will be disappointing because there's something to build on in France but they've barely tried to play the game that every other club has to when they've come up.

The Leigh chairman may be a fruit loop but at least there might be some ambition coming to Super League next season.

27 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Actuall 'arry in some ways I wish we weren't and now we're safe I'd rather concentrate on next year TBH. An interest in car crashes is a turn on for loads of people and I'm sure much of that interest also stemmed from people who wish it was two clubs going down especially if it was both french sides. There are many things which create magic and international interest in sport and it's ability to sell itself on a global scale and for all the championing that goes on on these pages P&R isn't one of them.

If by car crash you mean morbid curiosity then yes it is a human trait, but for everyone of those who wish to preserve P&R there are more who jump on the argument that they only want it for persecution reasons of the French clubs, not for me it ain't I have no preference whatsoever of who tumbles nor do I wish to preserve any clubs status because of who they may be, had Wire succumbed this year tough, had Leeds gone down a few years ago when people on these pages were saying if they finish bottom the rules should be changed to save them - what a load of Bolux.

And as for your last sentance Oxy, we are talking about our domestic product not the International stage, you are deluding yourself if you persist to claim there is no interest in P&R, this platform is testament that it does create a great deal of interest.

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

And as for your last sentance Oxy, we are talking about our domestic product not the International stage, you are deluding yourself if you persist to claim there is no interest in P&R, this platform is testament that it does create a great deal of interest.

The morbid curiosity as a human trait is interesting. My main point was that people who are hopeful of a TO R will have inflated that interest that you seem to think is so telling.

As for this last sentence of yours 'arry you either missed the point or were too busy looking at the accident. P&R does not help and never has helped RL market its product.. And no matter how many fans it has or doesn't that won't change.

Edited by Oxford
  • Confused 1

Are you not a fan of P&R @Oxford? Haven't seen you mention it before...😉

I'm with Harry 100% here on P&R, even if it's Salford involved (which again may be the first time I've mentioned that😏)

Sad to see Toulouse go but hopefully they can rebuild and have another crack at promotion next year. But they've got to earn it like everyone else and I'd hate to see them given any preferential treatment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

The Leigh chairman may be a fruit loop but at least there might be some ambition coming to Super League next season.

The game could do with an orchard full of this type of fruit, put his sort at the helm of every pro club we have and the game would be in a far healthier state than we have today. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Are you not a fan of P&R @Oxford? Haven't seen you mention it before...😉

I'm with Harry 100% here on P&R, even if it's Salford involved (which again may be the first time I've mentioned that😏)

Sad to see Toulouse go but hopefully they can rebuild and have another crack at promotion next year. But they've got to earn it like everyone else and I'd hate to see them given any preferential treatment.

I think that's the last SL will see of TO TBH

9 minutes ago, Oxford said:

. P&R does not help and never has helped RL market its product.. And no matter how many fans it has or doesn't that won't change.

Thanks for the mention though SS

Edited by Oxford
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

The game could do with an orchard full of this type of fruit, put his sort at the helm of every pro club we have and the game would be in a far healthier state than we have today. 

@Davo5I take it your laughing emoji is in disagreement in that we should have people willing to put millions into the game, how strange.

I must have missed it, but has there been a 'fall out on site' and you have been breathing in the fumes?

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

@Davo5I take it your laughing emoji is in disagreement in that we should have people willing to put millions into the game, how strange.

I must have missed it, but has there been a 'fall out on site' and you have been breathing in the fumes?

Oh I’d love all teams to be backed by people who invested millions into them & whilst I’m sure Beaumont has been your clubs saviour somewhat to suggest that the sport would be somehow saved by having  egomaniac clones of Degsy’s at every club is ridiculous so maybe check your carbon monoxide monitor if your worried about fumes.

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Oh I’d love all teams to be backed by people who invested millions into them & whilst I’m sure Beaumont has been your clubs saviour somewhat to suggest that the sport would be somehow saved by having  egomaniac clones of Degsy’s at every club is ridiculous so maybe check your carbon monoxide monitor if your worried about fumes.

Poor answer Dav, there are millions of people who work for those with plenty money they would not associate with in their private life, but when they have the money and they share some of that fortune people go along with it, don't forget Dav as my old mentor Jack used to tell me "principles don't pay bills".

CM monitor really, pretty juvenile retort.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Poor answer Dav, there are millions of people who work for those with plenty money they would not associate with in their private life, but when they have the money and they share some of that fortune people go along with it, don't forget Dav as my old mentor Jack used to tell me "principles don't pay bills".

CM monitor really, pretty juvenile retort.

Yeah I really should leave poor jokes to you.

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

@Davo5putting aside our many different opinions on lots of the professional games topics, are you going Leigh Miners today with the Brow?

No,going to the A team game at Distington.

Shoukd be a good game at Miners.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Sorry David we agree on most things we both write but I am not with you on your conspiracy theories re Wakefield's recent opposition.

Not normally one for a conspiracy theory myself Harry. I’ve seen Wakey a lot this year (a mate invites me to corporates quite regularly). 

There’s no way they’re good enough to pull their recent results off. Must have been having their Weetabix lately.

2 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Not normally one for a conspiracy theory myself Harry. I’ve seen Wakey a lot this year (a mate invites me to corporates quite regularly). 

There’s no way they’re good enough to pull their recent results off. Must have been having their Weetabix lately.

Can we count on Hull KR being in on the act next Thursday then?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

3 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Isn't it largely academic now?  I know TOXIII can still stay up, but they need to win each game by about 3 million to do so.

The points diff is 91.  So Toulouse need to gain half of that and Wakefield lose the same over three games.  Not impossible.

So, do you think Hull KR will be in on the conspiracy or not?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son