Fri 19 Aug: SL: St Helens v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 20:00

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/08/22 at 19:30

The target score is "less than Hull FC's capitulation"... although without enough players to form a proper side it could be a slight challenge!

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Saints will walk this and will probably declare. But i do feel sorry for HKR and their fans, this is a club who have been blighted with so many injuries.
This is one of those loopy fixtures, 9,900 turned up for the first game (although there did look more on than was announced). If i didn’t have a season ticket i don’t think i would’ve bothered going. 

Rovers will give yet another player a debut this time 17 year old Connor Barley who is the nephew of Paul Cooke.

With two thirds of the Rovers salary cap unavailable you'd imagine it is a case of damage limitation but I'm sure that the Robins will fight hard and give a good account.

Edited by DimmestStar
spelling
  • Like 1

On 17/08/2022 at 17:53, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

The target score is "less than Hull FC's capitulation"... although without enough players to form a proper side it could be a slight challenge!

Says quite a lot really if that's what your target is.

On 18/08/2022 at 13:38, Josef K said:

But i do feel sorry for HKR and their fans, this is a club who have been blighted with so many injuries.

On 18/08/2022 at 13:42, Davo5 said:

An injury ravaged KR will get battered.

On 18/08/2022 at 14:11, DimmestStar said:

Rovers will give yet another player a debut this time 17 year old Connor Barley who is the nephew of Paul Cooke.

With two thirds of the Rovers salary cap unavailable you'd imagine it is a case of damage limitation but I'm sure that the Robins will fight hard and give a good account.

On 18/08/2022 at 15:30, Human Punk said:

Have to feel sorry for Rovers

17 hours ago, Ant said:

Hull KR might be better served forfeiting this game 

2 hours ago, Chris22 said:

Looking at Hull KR's squad, this could be quite a rough night for them. 

Having so many 17 and 18 year old going up against a squad of men isn't good for player welfare either.

Are Hull KR the only SL side with injuries?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

52 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Are Hull KR the only SL side with injuries?

Obviously not, many teams are struggling. But Rovers are demonstrably worse off than most if not all - we'll have two 17 year olds on the pitch, one of whom is making their debut.

It is what it is, and I ask for no special treatment, but it's pretty reasonable to point it out on a thread like this. 

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

There will be 6 Rovers players who will only be able to play with pain killing injections and then there's the teenagers who are being thrown in quicker than they really ought to be.

Recently at Wigan teenage debutant Charlie Cavanaugh lasted 10 minutes before his season was over with a dislocated kneecap. I hope the kids at least get through unscathed this time and everyone else too for that matter.

You wonder if the jabbed up players don't come to regret playing when they otherwise couldn't but otherwise Rovers would have had to forfeit this game.

FT 38-12. Obviously result never in doubt but proud of this makeshift Rovers team.

At 20-0 half time you wondered if the floodgates would really open but Rovers went toe to toe second half with 3 tries each including a debut score for Connor Barley. Just a pity that Coote was unable to land a single goalkick.

5 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Says quite a lot really if that's what your target is.

Mission accomplished 😃

Reckon that’s the difference between a team with some collective will trying to make progress, and a collection of random players who already think they’re there. 

1 minute ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Mission accomplished 😃

Reckon that’s the difference between a team with some collective will trying to make progress, and a collection of random players who already think they’re there. 

No, the difference is Hull KR fans comparing scores between the two Hull teams to give their team the edge in local rivalry  and Hull FC fans just wanting their team to win.

• Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

No, the difference is Hull KR fans comparing scores between the two Hull teams to give their team the edge in local rivalry  and Hull FC fans just wanting their team to win.

If you think that Hull FC fans think like that, after 140 years of rivalry, I’ve got a bridge to sell you 😂😂😂 

Nowt wrong with a bit of friendly light-hearted benchmarking. Trust me if you’d had to put up with what we did from you lot in the ‘dark ages’ pre-2006 you’d be enjoying life as much as we do, relatively speaking. 

• Thanks 1