Fri 19 Aug: SL: Hull FC v Wakefield Trinity KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/08/22 at 19:30

1 hour ago, The Mighty Trin said:

Hey you stay away from our top players lol stick with Innes Senior haha

Yes agree lol. Murphy has been brought through the trinity academy and hope he’s here years to come. 

He was the best winger in the whole academy competition last season by some distance too. 

Edited by Trojan Horse
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, clogdance said:

Well done Wakefield, delighted you (should) will be in Super League next year. 🤠

Earned it with that win.

• Like 3

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

10 hours ago, Trojan Horse said:

Yes agree lol. Murphy has been brought through the trinity academy and hope he’s here years to come. 

He was the best winger in the whole academy competition last season by some distance too. 

Would love to hang on to him for a while but i fear he will be on his way elsewhere in a couple of years. Just eventually announced Batchelor is leaving. Another great home grown player on his way. I dont trust Carter in the slightest when it comes to rugby matters. Bloke is always pleading poverty but seems to have no problem in paying aging overseas players and dross like Lineham. 

43 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Would love to hang on to him for a while but i fear he will be on his way elsewhere in a couple of years. Just eventually announced Batchelor is leaving. Another great home grown player on his way. I dont trust Carter in the slightest when it comes to rugby matters. Bloke is always pleading poverty but seems to have no problem in paying aging overseas players and dross like Lineham. 

Is he pleading poverty because he is poor in SL terms? 

Is his strategy working in so much as every season people are expecting you to fail but you keep hanging on.

Once upon a time it was thought good buisness to bring player's on through the system then make money from them in the transfer market, a system which is in my opinion far better than the contract mode we employ today.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes, I think in both SL and Championship there a few living on borrowed time, I fully expect to see some 'action' at the end of the season.

I'm not a big fan of mid season coach changes as I think players are more often to blame for poor performance than anyone on the sidelines so if they go at the end that's slightly better. I can't see how some have managed to hang on this far.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MZH said:

Whatever happens in the remaining games won't matter in that regard. The side is massively depleted, playoff hopes are long gone. Hodgson's future will be decided by how we perform in the early part of next season with a new half back pairing and hooker and a squad that he will have put together himself (well most of it anyway).

Agree with that.

As for last night while I'm prepared to accept there's a debate to be had about whether Hodgson can get the club back on track (though his record is pretty good when he's had anywhere near his best squad available), blaming him for that result is ridiculous. It's got to the stage where he's having to select kids who are nowhere near physically mature enough to compete at this level and in positions that they're unaccustomed to. It's a great credit to players like Litten, Laidlaw and Longstaff (I really hope we can make the move permanent) that they acquitted themselves so well. One of the daftest comments I heard last night was "We might as well play the kids now". I thought to myself for f###'s sake, we've been doing that for weeks.

In addition to that, as if things weren't bad enough for Hodgson before the game, his team picked up yet more season ending injuries to two of its best players during it. Manu Ma'u has been a rock for us up until this injury curtailed season and it's a real shame to see his time with us end that way. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Ullman said:

Agree with that.

As for last night while I'm prepared to accept there's a debate to be had about whether Hodgson can get the club back on track (though his record is pretty good when he's had anywhere near his best squad available), blaming him for that result is ridiculous. It's got to the stage where he's having to select kids who are nowhere near physically mature enough to compete at this level and in positions that they're unaccustomed to. It's a great credit to players like Litten, Laidlaw and Longstaff (I really hope we can make the move permanent) that they acquitted themselves so well. One of the daftest comments I heard last night was "We might as well play the kids now". I thought to myself for f###'s sake, we've been doing that for weeks.

In addition to that, as if things weren't bad enough for Hodgson before the game, his team picked up yet more season ending injuries to two of its best players during it. Manu Ma'u has been a rock for us up until this injury curtailed season and it's a real shame to see his time with us end that way. 

Think you have summed it up well. Trin worked out your problems immediately and those high kicks were the defining tactic that won the game. Bad rumours going around that Gale is comming our way next season . Just wondering how you rate him.

Plus your nearest and dearest have pulled off a master stroke by signing Batchelor. People rave about his older brother at Saints, but James is far better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

Think you have summed it up well. Trin worked out your problems immediately and those high kicks were the defining tactic that won the game. Bad rumours going around that Gale is comming our way next season . Just wondering how you rate him.

Plus your nearest and dearest have pulled off a master stroke by signing Batchelor. People rave about his older brother at Saints, but James is far better.

Aye, even when we tried to take Harvey Barron out of the firing line by moving him to the opposite wing, Miller just changed the direction of attack and continued to seek him out.

Think you're right about Batchelor, looks like they've got a good 'un there.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

May be an image of text that says "START YOUR CLAIM: HULL F.C. Have You Been Mis-sold A Hull FC Season Ticket? 1999 Hull FC Season tickets have been wrongly sold to people who were expecting to watch rugby league being played. Start your claim now to see if you have been Mis-sold a Hull FC Season ticket and find out just how much you could be entitled to. START YOUR CLAIM NOW 0330-0945717 And ask for Sam Aritan quoting Conned"

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

8 hours ago, Oxford said:

I was half expecting a coach casualty to be announced this morning.

As far as Hodgson is concerned it would be like throwing him overboard for bringing bad luck onto the ship.

I know we're traditionally a superstitious bunch in West Hull but even we've stopped doing that.

Edited by Ullman

2 minutes ago, Ullman said:

As far as Hodgson is concerned it would be like throwing him overboard for bringing bad luck onto the ship.

I know we're traditionally a superstitious bunch but even we've stopped doing that.

I hope all of the coaches keep their jobs I think that often as not circumstances determine whether they're seen as a success or failure.

20 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Is Barry putting a claim in for you?

Cheeky bleeder, ain't used it once this year and I think I've only scrounged one lift off him.

• Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I think Hull's biggest problem is we have so much money tied into our best 17 the whenever they get injured/suspended/out-of-form, we literally have no cover up to scratch and fall away pretty quickly. Our youngsters are not on a par with that of Wigan and Saints, so that strategy won't work for us in the long stretch of the season.

It's a squad game, and we haven't got one it seems. In terms of form, we haven't even had a starting 17 at times. Hopefully our halfback choices will help us next season, but our depth in forwards worries me.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I think Hull's biggest problem is we have so much money tied into our best 17 the whenever they get injured/suspended/out-of-form, we literally have no cover up to scratch and fall away pretty quickly. Our youngsters are not on a par with that of Wigan and Saints, so that strategy won't work for us in the long stretch of the season.

It's a squad game, and we haven't got one it seems. In terms of form, we haven't even had a starting 17 at times. Hopefully our halfback choices will help us next season, but our depth in forwards worries me.

That’s what I don’t get why aren’t your youngsters as good as other teams. It’s a strong area for amateur RL clubs why doesn’t that translate in to academy players. 

Suppose it’s a fair point about youth. 

Seems the opposite for trinity. We always seem to have a couple coming through who make solid SL players and show promise. 

Murphy, Hall and Eseh are this years.

Croft and Aydin, Bowes the year before or so. 

Batchelor and Crowther prior to that.

Johnstone and Jowitt before that. 

For the shortcomings at trinity the academy and youth progression cannot be doubted. 

Maybe it’s because at trinity we often have to rely on them for strings of games on occasion. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

Any your qualifications are? So, you mean like we didn't manage to keep hold of Batchelor for five years or Johnstone for seven and whom we only let go when we had a perfect replacement. Do you never get bored of talking nonsense?.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch
  • Like 1