Fri 19 Aug: SL: Hull FC v Wakefield Trinity KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/08/22 at 19:30

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Any your qualifications are? So, you mean like we didn't manage to keep hold of Batchelor for five years or Johnstone for seven and whom we only let go when we had a perfect replacement. Do you never get bored of talking nonsense?.

Any your qualifications are ?  Tell me yours and I will tell you mine

On 19/08/2022 at 21:57, MZH said:

Whatever happens in the remaining games won't matter in that regard. The side is massively depleted, playoff hopes are long gone. Hodgson's future will be decided by how we perform in the early part of next season with a new half back pairing and hooker and a squad that he will have put together himself (well most of it anyway).

Didnt Hodgeson sign the Reynolds/Gale pairing?

If be surprised if Pearson showed much patience with him next season.  Will need a very good start to buy himself a bit of security.

11 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

Any your qualifications are ?  Tell me yours and I will tell you mine

Don’t waste your time.

• Thanks 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

11 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Didnt Hodgeson sign the Reynolds/Gale pairing?

If be surprised if Pearson showed much patience with him next season.  Will need a very good start to buy himself a bit of security.

Yes he did. Although in the case of Gale he was a stop gap signing to cover for Sneyd leaving. He wasn't exactly a long term vision sort of signing. 

I'm very much on the fence regarding Hodgson. Next year is make or break with the squad that he has assembled. He's had time now to sign who he wants and offload who he doesn't. 

Whilst not making excuses for some of the woeful performances we've put in this year he's had a very tough ask with the injury situation. It would have been hard for any coach to have us up there challenging.

• Like 1

It probably wouldn't have made much difference but...

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wakefield-trinity-given-damning-news-on-liam-hood-as-tribunal-rules-hard-on-hull-fc-incident-57980/?fbclid=IwAR2-8newBPqYvhs2YLuKqQbhtj5saOvRKNhaLJ4ceT0vxl1GQUdi-uRjRRs

How many more times do players receive punishment after an incident that does no good whatsoever to the player/team that suffered said incident?

Fair play to Manu M'au for regaining his feet straight away, perhaps he should have gone down the Jonny Lomax, Danny Richardson, Lee Gaskell, et al schools of thought by staying down longer to maximise the on field punishment for transgressors.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

It probably wouldn't have made much difference but...

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wakefield-trinity-given-damning-news-on-liam-hood-as-tribunal-rules-hard-on-hull-fc-incident-57980/?fbclid=IwAR2-8newBPqYvhs2YLuKqQbhtj5saOvRKNhaLJ4ceT0vxl1GQUdi-uRjRRs

How many more times do players receive punishment after an incident that does no good whatsoever to the player/team that suffered said incident?

Fair play to Manu M'au for regaining his feet straight away, perhaps he should have gone down the Jonny Lomax, Danny Richardson, Lee Gaskell, et al schools of thought by staying down longer to maximise the on field punishment for transgressors.

Yes, Wakefield have fallen foul of this, most notably against Catalans so I have to agree when the boot is on the other foot too. Suspect we'd have beaten a 12 man Catalans and wouldn't have been confident of holding on with 12 against you in the second half, even allowing for your poor form/confidence.

9 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

Yes, Wakefield have fallen foul of this, most notably against Catalans so I have to agree when the boot is on the other foot too. Suspect we'd have beaten a 12 man Catalans and wouldn't have been confident of holding on with 12 against you in the second half, even allowing for your poor form/confidence.

Kind words mate but we are pants at the moment.

And before any fans of the aforementioned players start piping up, you know I'm correct, sadly it's not creeping into RL, it's already well established.