Just Chat

jroyales

not quite old enough to have seen Joe, but did see Bernard Ganley …the maesto. OK he was born in leigh but that shouldnt work against him….if anything it should give him a handicap.

Grand lad, amazing goalkicker and was pretty good reporting on RL games on BBC north on Saturday evening…although he did often smile when scores like Workington Town 40 Rochdale Hornets 4 came through. But I forgave him for that a long time ago.

As my old man used to say…you can forgive, but you must never forget.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

not quite old enough to have seen Joe, but did see Bernard Ganley …the maesto. OK he was born in leigh but that shouldnt work against him….if anything it should give him a handicap.

Grand lad, amazing goalkicker and was pretty good reporting on RL games on BBC north on Saturday evening…although he did often smile when scores like Workington Town 40 Rochdale Hornets 4 came through. But I forgave him for that a long time ago.

As my old man used to say…you can forgive, but you must never forget.

I wondered when someone was going to mention the club's record holding goal kicker. Definitely the maestro.

• Like 2

I agree that Restall has been class. Done really well on getting back into the game and could make it at a higher level. From full back he was brilliant, from centre still good but less chance to shine. My vote though would go to Emerson Whittel. He’s the sort who it’s hard to notice how influential he is until he’s not there. He does the down and dirty stuff and when he is off the pitch our stability and strength really drop. Against Midlands Hurricanes away we were pasting them. Whittel went off for maybe 20 minutes and we went into free fall. No coincidence imo

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jroyales said:

Does anybody know how many of this year's squad are on two-year contracts ie. are on the books for next season.

We don't want to be starting with nobody like this season because of the need for the players to gel.

Re signings and recruitment has already started. 

4 minutes ago, herbie said:

Some players from this season have already signed for next season.

The club are also looking at new players 

We definitely need some continuity, to build on. I hope Restall and Whittel stay. Joe Hartley deserves another season at least imo- he’s come on a bomb. Coventry is a worker. Has Martin Ridyard got another season in him? Probably at this level.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I was at the RLWC final yesterday, and the day was tremendous, except for the Aussies winning.

Before the game, outside the stadium there were hundreds of Samoans singing and dancing waving flags and creating a fantastic atmosphere. The game was predictable, but the best part of the day was when Kevin Sinfield came onto the pitch, even now writing this the hairs on my arms are standing up!

Well done, Kev. It makes me proud that I know you and he's a Yonner.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, jroyales said:

I was at the RLWC final yesterday, and the day was tremendous, except for the Aussies winning.

Before the game, outside the stadium there were hundreds of Samoans singing and dancing waving flags and creating a fantastic atmosphere. The game was predictable, but the best part of the day was when Kevin Sinfield came onto the pitch, even now writing this the hairs on my arms are standing up!

Well done, Kev. It makes me proud that I know you and he's a Yonner.

Same here. Great day. And Sinfield has class running through every cell of his body. My wife and kids are sick to death of hearing that he’s from Oldham 

• Like 2

On 20/11/2022 at 15:46, Stevos Barber said:

Will he ever get the  knighthood he deserves?

My moment of yesterday was being recognised by Luke Beckett and his Dad. 

Just a small moment in a long day. Actually a long journey following England from Newcastle to London

You told me bumping into me in Weatherspoons before the match would be the highlight of your day😛

20 hours ago, Fluffybed said:

You told me bumping into me in Weatherspoons before the match would be the highlight of your day😛

Nah. You got beaten by the guy whose try got us promoted.  Good effort though on your part.

Seriously it was good to see you. Looking forward to catching up next season

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...