Leigh away sun.

georgeb1

1 hour ago, Andy Knight said:

Leigh are a super league club playing in the championship. Let’s be honest they are head and shoulders the best side in this league (sorry fev fans)

Knew we’d need an abacus looking at the side that was been put out but it doesn’t excuse the capitulation that happened. Changes need to be made be it players out, new coach or a change in the style of play under James. Fordy has done miracles and it pains me to have a go at him but he picks the side, style of play and motives the players so he’s got to take some responsibility.

The clubs on the slide so it seems. The feel good factor/buzz went when Flatman left and the new guy took over. Just hope we can regroup and kick on for next season as this season can’t come to an end quick enough

Your apology to Fev fans has been well documented at the supporters club for which we thank you Andy.If Leigh are only head and shoulders better than the rest then we are still in with a chance. I won't be holding my breath though🙄

40 probably , 50 maybe but 100 ( a century) I hope the majority of our semi pro players are making a donation to a worthy cause , embarrassed doesn't really cover it , and to cap it all Widnes and the bull's had the indecency to lose and let us shamefully sneak into the playoffs , for what , cannon fodder for fax , dogs or barra .  merry Xmas and roll on next season😤

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

40 probably , 50 maybe but 100 ( a century) I hope the majority of our semi pro players are making a donation to a worthy cause , embarrassed doesn't really cover it , and to cap it all Widnes and the bull's had the indecency to lose and let us shamefully sneak into the playoffs , for what , cannon fodder for fax , dogs or barra .  merry Xmas and roll on next season😤

That's why they are called Centurions. They had to live up to their name one day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Your apology to Fev fans has been well documented at the supporters club for which we thank you Andy.If Leigh are only head and shoulders better than the rest then we are still in with a chance. I won't be holding my breath though🙄

Phil, I’d love nothing more then to see you turn that mob over and make SL. They’ve had their chances. When the Knights went under back in the day I spent a season following Fev around home and away to get my fix of league. It was a good season and I still have a soft spot for them to this day. Just think Leigh will outmuscle you, really hope I’m wrong though. 

• Like 3

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

2 minutes ago, Andy Knight said:

Phil, I’d love nothing more then to see you turn that mob over and make SL. They’ve had their chances. When the Knights went under back in the day I spent a season following Fev around home and away to get my fix of league. It was a good season and I still have a soft spot for them to this day. Just think Leigh will outmuscle you, really hope I’m wrong though. 

It would be a formidable task you are quite right. But to put everything into context the two grand finalists are not known yet. Though one of them looks a shoe-in. Anything is likely in play off games and I wouldn't rule anybody out especially Halifax but thanks for your wishes.

There’s an old saying that”what goes around, comes around” and it’s very true. My team, Workington, have been stuffed twice by Leigh this season, but back in 1993 or 94 we beat them 94-4 in the Challenge cup, and the only reason it wasn’t three figures was because the ref started seeing non existent forward passes in the last 5 minutes. So hang in there, you York fans, cos you’ll get your revenge one day….

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Joe Aitcheson said:

There’s an old saying that”what goes around, comes around” and it’s very true. My team, Workington, have been stuffed twice by Leigh this season, but back in 1993 or 94 we beat them 94-4 in the Challenge cup, and the only reason it wasn’t three figures was because the ref started seeing non existent forward passes in the last 5 minutes. So hang in there, you York fans, cos you’ll get your revenge one day….

York did score 144 themselves in 2018.

32 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Great sense of humour, yer need one sometimes following Rugby League 🏉  lol.

You certainly do for some of the ###### that gets bandied about on here...😒

• Like 3

I was at the LSV today, and witnessed an unbelievable display from a side playing in the Championship. Yes, Leigh have spent a fortune, and they are full time, but today every Leigh player looked value for money. The speed with which they played was a joy to watch, their support play was way beyond what you would expect in this league, and the Knights could not live with them.

How we, or any other Championship side can compete against that sort of display, I honestly don't know. You can criticise the Knights as much as you want, and yes, we weren't great, but Leigh were superb today. I just hope we can get the wheels turning again against Sheffield.

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Wiggyroad said:
15 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

This shows that a restructuring of the leagues in our game must come ,  cricket scores( literally) are no good and doesn't attract new support or keep old.

If we're talking about the Knights, let's keep things in perspective. It's only 4 weeks + a day since I enjoyed a good game at Fev., 2nd in the league and only lost by 8 points. I know we've been off the boil for weeks now and a lot of people are scratching their heads as to why although plenty of folks come on here with all the simple answers, sack the coach, get better players etc. but don't say who they would replace them with or where the money would come from. Fordy's the coach who achieved this seasons stated aim, to get us in the play offs. He's the guy who got us from the verge of folding and into the Championship, all wirh a lot lower budget than a lot of clubs. He'll do for me. In Fordy I trust!!😀

• Like 5

Nice to see a couple of common sense posts there.

Right on the money, Haxby Knight.

I reckon there were about 50-60 Knights fans there yesterday and they can appreciate the blown-out scoreline and the impossible challenge to keep Leigh at bay. When all other C'sp teams, and most Super League teams, stop and reset on offence when tackled, Leigh simply just kept the ball alive. There were times when they looked as though they had twenty players on the pitch.

Sadly for Fordy and his side, they got caught in the eye of a perfect storm against a side playing to it's full potential ( and think about that when you look down that Centurions team sheet! ) and a game that, whatever and however it was put across, there was a definite air of 'this one doesn't matter'.                                                                                                          Some of that certainly transmitted to certain York players, despite the intimation that it did and the pre-match positivity from Fordy. 

It should be forgotten as quickly as possible to move on to Friday, Sadly the history books will not forget it.

Adrian Lam said to BBC Radio Manchester afterwards that 'it was a day that he will never forget for the rest of his life'. That is some accolade and tribute to quite how good his side were!

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Clarence Street said:

I agree with you wholeheartedly John about Fordy. The most upsetting thing for me on Sunday apart from the score was listening to Fordy trying to respond to Acko after the match. He was clearly upset and choking his words and suggesting that some players didn't want to know. Being always the professional he didn't name names but I for one would rather those players leave the club instead of the coach. I was privileged to attend our match at Toronto in 2019. That Toronto side went on to be promoted that year, and against us they played a brand of super league rugby that our weakened side couldn't cope with. But our lads never gave up and held the Wolfpack to forty odd points, l would suggest if they had stopped tackling the score could easily have reached 70 plus. Surely last Sunday Leigh, arguably a better side than Toronto, could have been held to 60 points ( which is probably what most fans expected) IF they had been playing against a more committed Knights side? I know its all ifs and buts but I believe the club, the coach and the fans were badly let down on Sunday. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Peter G. said:

I agree with you wholeheartedly John about Fordy. The most upsetting thing for me on Sunday apart from the score was listening to Fordy trying to respond to Acko after the match. He was clearly upset and choking his words and suggesting that some players didn't want to know. Being always the professional he didn't name names but I for one would rather those players leave the club instead of the coach. I was privileged to attend our match at Toronto in 2019. That Toronto side went on to be promoted that year, and against us they played a brand of super league rugby that our weakened side couldn't cope with. But our lads never gave up and held the Wolfpack to forty odd points, l would suggest if they had stopped tackling the score could easily have reached 70 plus. Surely last Sunday Leigh, arguably a better side than Toronto, could have been held to 60 points ( which is probably what most fans expected) IF they had been playing against a more committed Knights side? I know its all ifs and buts but I believe the club, the coach and the fans were badly let down on Sunday. 

Not fair for anyone to name names but , in these days of analysis and the games being filmed, there will be a number of individuals who will have an uncomfortable evening tomorrow night.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, andyacko said:

Not fair for anyone to name names but , in these days of analysis and the games being filmed, there will be a number of individuals who will have an uncomfortable evening tomorrow night.

If a team of Leigh's calibre are allowed to get a roll on then they will murder the opposition. They are a fantastic full time team with a super League coach to boot. Are York fans going to use this temporary disastrous result to define where they have come from in the last couple of seasons. Someone pointed out that it was only four weeks ago that they went to Fev and gave us a scare. While Fev are not the complete side as Leigh are that was no mean feat. The writing was on the wall last week when Bradford won at York. No disrespect to the bulls but that would have knocked the players confidence for a six. You've got to remove this from any illogical thinking and gear up for the important part of the season because Leigh haven't finished yet and there will be more demoralised teams.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, YCKonstantine said:

There seems to be a divide of some fans who think Ford has come to the end of where he can take us, and others who are happy to lose some matches because we won a lot a few years ago.

Don't really know where I stand tbh but it's an interesting scenario.

Think Fordy is the right coach for us, he's  brought us from a mid table league one club to a top six champioship club, not always on the biggest cap, some of the current players have let him down big time, I hope they move on at the end of this season we don't want them here, I thought the Bulls performance was bad but yesterday must have been shocking.

• Like 2