Leigh away sun.

georgeb1

2 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Think Fordy is the right coach for us, he's  brought us from a mid table league one club to a top six champioship club, not always on the biggest cap, some of the current players have let him down big time, I hope they move on at the end of this season we don't want them here, I thought the Bulls performance was bad but yesterday must have been shocking.

But he signs the players and coaches them?

9 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

So we were happy when we signed them, and now we're not. 

So what's happened since then? They've just magically become worse players..?

Who would you have signed and who would be your next coach?, were all cheesed off with how were playing, three league games to play then Fax away to round the season off by the looks of it. 😞

Edited by spanishknight

3 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Who would you have signed and who would be your next coach?, were all cheesed off with how were playing, three league games to play then Fax away to round the season off by the looks of it. 😞

Doesn't matter who I would have signed, I'm a supporter, not a coach, I don't have to worry about that.

It just seems a bit odd to lay the blame solely with the players and not the coach.

12 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

So we were happy when we signed them, and now we're not. 

So what's happened since then? They've just magically become worse players..?

Or players who sometimes don't give 100% when the going gets tough? Ironically, against the Bulls I thought the effort was there but we were just inept. 

• Like 3

There you go, fellas. 'Highlights' are up. 17 Leigh tries to go at...  Fordy's not falling off tackles, missing tackles, out of position etc etc 😉    Have a good look, it's not pretty...

Be interested to know what the guys think who weren't there once they've seen it....

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, andyacko said:

There you go, fellas. 'Highlights' are up. 17 Leigh tries to go at...  Fordy's not falling off tackles, missing tackles, out of position etc etc 😉    Have a good look, it's not pretty...

Be interested to know what the guys think who weren't there once they've seen it....

Best not watch that Andy, I've got a dicky ticker as it is, the Bulls game was bad enough. 😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, YCKonstantine said:

There seems to be a divide of some fans who think Ford has come to the end of where he can take us, and others who are happy to lose some matches because we won a lot a few years ago.

Don't really know where I stand tbh but it's an interesting scenario.

Back in 2019 we were playing better more attractive rugby with the same coach , so yes I know where I stand 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, andyacko said:

Thanks Andy, I'll have a look see. By the way, if it alters my criticism of the players and was purely down to Leigh's brilliance, guess that means Fordy needs to go to Specsavers? Cos, like you, he was definitely there, poor buggers!! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

"For the money that's been spent"

Leigh, Fev, Newcastle and Halifax have all spent more than us. Our place at 6th on the ladder is about right. Barrow & Batley doing incredibly well punching above their budget.

Do you have accurate information on how much teams have spent?  I would very much like to see that if you do.

1 hour ago, spanishknight said:

True Peter, that hurt me more than the Leigh game, saw how much it hurt you as well.

Yes John, we had the whole of the second half to score six points to win the game against an average Bulls side. Ineptitude didn't come close.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Think Fordy is the right coach for us, he's  brought us from a mid table league one club to a top six champioship club, not always on the biggest cap, some of the current players have let him down big time, I hope they move on at the end of this season we don't want them here, I thought the Bulls performance was bad but yesterday must have been shocking.

A lot of players didn't just let themselves down,but also the club and the supporters.wonder how many have been offered new contracts for next season?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The scrim reaper said:

Leigh 100 

York   4  

I suppose that's what you get when you have a team full of super league players(potentially) playing a team of super league have beens, only one problem at york that's the coach don't know why you lot keep sticking up for him. 

Of the 17 that took to the field for York yesterday, only one (Chris Clarkson) has more than 20 SL appearances to their name.

• Like 3

At the end of the day it's not up to us, but the Chairman, who our coach is next season and what his budget will be. What worries me is the number of players that Fordy has brought in, that have not cut the mustard for us. Either he is not a good judge of players, or he fails to get the best out of them.

I don't expect us to go to Leigh and win, but Bradford and Barrow at home should have been doable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

Of the 17 that took to the field for York yesterday, only one (Chris Clarkson) has more than 20 SL appearances to their name.

How many games has Jamie Ellis played , featured at hull k r , cas and Leigh were they not in superleague ?

1 minute ago, Gav Wilson said:

Did he?! Blimey, I thought he wa nabbut a bairn when he came to us!

But apart from Clarkson, Ellis and Marsh, what have Super League ever done for us? Brought peace? 

• Haha 3