Round 23 Match Thread

These last few games were to be a big test for Panthers.

With Edwards back and Koroisau playing well they look to have got back on track with a couple of top class players to return rested when the Finals start.

The Premiership has looked to be theirs for a long time.

The Minor Premiership is theirs now too. The Panthers have won the J. J. Giltinan Shield for the second time in three years.

Edited by Graham

Score Summary

A. Johnston 18, C. Walker 36, C. Graham 62, A. Johnston 70 Tries S. Crichton 4, D. Edwards 28, S. Leniu 54, L. Martin 79
L. Mitchell 37, L. Mitchell 71 Conversions S. Crichton 6, S. Crichton 29, S. Crichton 55
L. Mitchell 39 Penalty Goals S. Crichton 50, S. Crichton 76

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Very good game .  Bit of a psychological blow for Souths with Penrith having Luai and Cleary to return 

Panthers beat the rabbitohs in round 22 last season as well, then lost to them in the first round of the play offs before meeting them again in the grand final.

1 minute ago, Anita Bath said:

Panthers beat the rabbitohs in round 22 last season as well, then lost to them in the first round of the play offs before meeting them again in the grand final.

oops. …it was round 23 (not round 22), the same round as this year.

Reece Walsh was left badly exposed in defence for both Cowboys tries.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nice team try, as the Warriors crumble again.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Trying to post about the Warriors' defence without swearing is hard.

42:4 with 17 minutes to go.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson