Round 23 Match Thread

On 20/08/2022 at 03:14, Anita Bath said:

neither did I…I went to see the other melbourne demolition of Brisbane - AFL final round game at the Gabba. Probably the city’s worse ever weekend for its footy codes….and traffic was hell☹️

Those results surely spells the end of any hopes for either Brisbane team progressing far in September.

13 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

What a final two rounds to be played. Broncos slumping but rabbits and roosters both play top four teams next week and then play each other. All looking good for canberra with three games against knights, manly and tigers.

The last two rounds are immense! Lots of top 8 matchups that could be repeated.

next week we see

Roosters v Storm

Bunnies v Cows

Broncos v Eels

then to finish off in the last week:

Eels v Storm

Roosters v Bunnies

Cows v Panthers

10 hours ago, DavidM said:

Dylan Brown threw one of the passes of the season to Sivo this morning . Some nice stuff from him and MosesΒ 

Didn’t see that one, but, Hynes threw an impeccable one himself for Ikuvalu (I think it was) to stroll down the touch line.

Result from earlier

Dragons 46 - 26 Titans

Score Summary

Β 
T. AmoneΒ 5,Β T. MogaΒ 18,Β M. FeagaiΒ 24,Β J. SullivanΒ 29,Β J. BirdΒ 42,Β T. AmoneΒ 57,Β T. MogaΒ 66,Β T. MogaΒ 70,Β J. BirdΒ 79 Tries A. BrimsonΒ 10,Β D. FifitaΒ 34,Β B. FermorΒ 50,Β J. FifitaΒ 61
Z. LomaxΒ 19,Β Z. LomaxΒ 25,Β Z. LomaxΒ 31,Β Z. LomaxΒ 67,Β Z. LomaxΒ 80 Conversions T. BoydΒ 12,Β T. BoydΒ 35,Β T. BoydΒ 51,Β T. BoydΒ 63
Β  Penalty Goals T. BoydΒ 40

13 hours ago, DavidM said:

Yes there’s a clear correlation between the two and commentators shouldn’t make humorous comments or criticise mistakes in case it incites Β imbeciles to makeΒ death threats . Β We shouldnt have any humour or pointing out mistakes . Really

It's a good laugh and banter if your not the subject of it. There are 5% of society who are maladjusted and a further 15% ready to join in with a range of "acceptable" conduct and prejudices under the guise of banter. It is therfore incumbent on commentators to know when they have gone too far in scapegoating an individual and to be fair to Voss he seemed to have realised that, in the latter half of his commentary stint when the flipper comment arose again and moved swiftly on. Like it or not the imbiciles are triggered by this as many a sportsman or woman, regardless of the sport they participate in, will confirm.

Now I am the biggest Bunny and Latrell basher on this forum but I give top marks to both for the way in which they have responded to this https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2022-jaxson-paulo-abuse-social-media-trolls-south-sydney-rabbitohs-loss-latrell-mitchell-racial-abuse-two-men-charged-south-sydney-social-media/news-story/61511a9c04df5d7d7f14b640cd6066a1

And I am sure that when caught the abusers will not be able to rely on its was just a bity of banter / humor defence as I am certain you will agree.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell
Β 
image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both