Cornwall

Chorlton Pete

3 hours ago, FailsworthYed said:

Played well after an error ridden 30 minutes.

It looked a bit 'dodgy' when they were 12 points ahead as we approached half-time. They looked faster, more enthusiastic and more determined than we did. 

Did we underestimate them ? ?

Fortunately we scored a morale-boosting try under the sticks right on the half-time hooter. 

Don't know what Littler said to the lads at half-time but we looked like a different team when we came out in the second-half. 

The Cornish lads tired as the game wore on and we started to 'pull away' from them. But, all credit to them.  Even in the face of yet another defeat , they never gave up, they never stopped running, they never backed-off, never shirked or dropped-off a tackle. 

I know. I was there.

Anyway, well done Roughyeds.  "A win is a win" (as they say) and they're all important as the season draws to a close.

• Like 3

Yes, I think that we invited that pressure early on with so many errors. I don't think we got in their half until the last 10 of the first half, you have to say our try on the stroke of halftime was against the run of play. 

As you say second half much better, I thought muranka caused them a lot of trouble making good metres. 

• Like 2