Andrade out at Oldham

8 minutes ago, Tim Streets tache said:

Plenty of other higher level semi professionals with children manage not to be hungover. Prob someway to explain how Oldham are rock bottom of all the heartland clubs in all 3 "professional" tiers.

Did it impact on his performance though? Some of my best ever games were when I was still half cut from the night before. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Did it impact on his performance though? Some of my best ever games were when I was still half cut from the night before. He should play am

Ahh right. Well cause YOU played well hungover I reckon Littler should just send them all the pub He should play amateur if he wants the best of both worlds

8 minutes ago, Tim Streets tache said:

Ahh right. Well cause YOU played well hungover I reckon Littler should just send them all the pub He should play amateur if he wants the best of both worlds

It seems that Andrade hasn’t been selected since June, he probably wasn’t expecting to play when he had a few drinks at a family celebration. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Very harsh imo . Unless he’s got previous could  have given him a punishment and a warning and sorted it internally 

As always with these decisions the punishment often depend on the player. If it's a player a club rates the said player they will always have a lot more leeway than someone they don't. Then it becomes a convenient excuse to get rid.

• Like 10

18 hours ago, Eddie said:

It seems that Andrade hasn’t been selected since June, he probably wasn’t expecting to play when he had a few drinks at a family celebration. 

Terrible excuse.

If he's being paid to be on standby, he should be prepared. It's like me going to the pub the night before a day that I could be driving long distance, getting called up and then me saying "sorry, didn't expect it, I've been drinking." Gross misconduct. No excuses. It's not amateur rugby.

• Like 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

6 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Terrible excuse.

If he's being paid to be on standby, he should be prepared. It's like me going to the pub the night before a day that I could be driving long distance, getting called up and then me saying "sorry, didn't expect it, I've been drinking." Gross misconduct. No excuses. It's not amateur rugby.

In all seriousness, how much is he being paid?

£30 a week appearance fee, £20 win bonus? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Terrible excuse.

Now if your job involved you driving for a living then that would be a different matter and you could be sacked for gross misconduct. There is no way on earth that what he has done is a sackable offence unless he has previous which we don't know. Again though we don't know the full story of if he rang in sick, turned up but was intoxicated, or anything else.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

As Anita Bath alluded to it the word "professional" does appear to be relevant. You don't get yourself drunk if you've got work the day after (not normally the best idea in the world).

We've all done it though.  The bloke must have other previous disciplinary issues to be sacked on the spot.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

As Anita Bath alluded to it the word "professional" does appear to be relevant. You don't get yourself drunk if you've got work the day after (not normally the best idea in the world).

Depends how drunk he was, and it’s not like the game (that he wasn’t going to play in) was at 8am. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Eddie said:

In my experience, you don't get hung over after "a few drinks"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Now if your job involved you driving for a living then that would be a different matter and you could be sacked for gross misconduct. There is no way on earth that what he has done is a sackable offence unless he has previous which we don't know. Again though we don't know the full story of if he rang in sick, turned up but was intoxicated, or anything else.

No. There are many, many jobs where if you are representing your company and turn up for work drunk or even still smelling of alcohol from the night before where it's quite likely to lead to a charge of gross misconduct and possibly sacking. My previous job didn't involve driving but I, and everyone else who worked there, knew that if we were caught using a mobile while driving we would be immediately dismissed. We also had random alcohol and drug tests which if positive again would lead to instant dismissal.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

No. There are many, many jobs where if you are representing your company and turn up for work drunk or even still smelling of alcohol from the night before where it's quite likely to lead to a charge of gross misconduct and possibly sacking. My previous job didn't involve driving but I, and everyone else who worked there, knew that if we were caught using a mobile while driving we would be immediately dismissed. We also had random alcohol and drug tests which if positive again would lead to instant dismissal.

So those things were in your contract?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Sick brag. 🤣

Your defence of this guy reads like you area relative of his. 

A young fit guy would not have a hangover the following morning after "just a few drinks" 

In addition, IIRC,  I think that serious incapability at work due to alcohol or illegal drug use counts as serious misconduct and is generally a sacking offence. 

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 1