After this year the NRL grand final will be sold to the highest bidder

10 minutes ago, Damien said:

All talk I reckon to get more from Sydney and the NSW Government. 

I have no problem with this.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

all sports are going to maximise income, not just the NRL....   I can see the Champions League final played in Saudi \ UAE \ Qatar at some stage in next 5-10 year.

RFL should be looking at this approach, not just "are you within 25 miles of the M62" when looking at grounds for events

• Like 1

• The Future is League changed the title to After this year the NRL grand final will be sold to the highest bidder

I think the SLGF location would be hard to sell as due to (current) Sky TV scheduling on a Saturday evening it needs to be close to the heartlands, but the CCF location could more easily be put out for tendering.

51 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

I think the SLGF location would be hard to sell as due to (current) Sky TV scheduling on a Saturday evening it needs to be close to the heartlands, but the CCF location could more easily be put out for tendering.

This shows us just how low the RFL and RL is in that if you take the game outside the M62 you will struggle to get any interest.  So you have to have it in M62 area to get a crowd, but then you limit how much broadcasters will pay for it as it has such a small demographic

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Wembley has the contract until 2027. But, after that, who knows?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Jughead said:

Public service announcement: Just because the Australians do it, it doesn’t mean we will. 

They're just copying what we did with Magic.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jughead said:

No, they’re doing it better than we ever have. 

Copies can be better than the originals.