Barrow Vs Featherstone

pennington

Well a absolutely massive game this Sunday against Featherstone. Both games this year we have been well beaten so we need a step up in our performances. 

Although I didn’t go to the Batley game it sounded like as close to a 80 minute performance we have had this year. If we are to win Sunday we need another step up in gear and to have a high completion rate like at Batley. 

If we manage to get a win on Sunday then the 4th spot is looking more and more possible and how brilliant would it be to have a home tie in the playoffs. 

Im going to go for a Barrow win on Sunday 28-24, Shaw first try scorer , Stack MOTM Hopefully we can get a 3k+ crowd. COYR. 

1 hour ago, pennington said:

Well a absolutely massive game this Sunday against Featherstone. Both games this year we have been well beaten so we need a step up in our performances. 

Although I didn’t go to the Batley game it sounded like as close to a 80 minute performance we have had this year. If we are to win Sunday we need another step up in gear and to have a high completion rate like at Batley. 

If we manage to get a win on Sunday then the 4th spot is looking more and more possible and how brilliant would it be to have a home tie in the playoffs. 

Im going to go for a Barrow win on Sunday 28-24, Shaw first try scorer , Stack MOTM Hopefully we can get a 3k+ crowd. COYR. 

Should be a good game closer then the last two, can't see us bringing as many as for the 1895 sf but should be a couple of coaches.

6 hours ago, pennington said:

No Hakim Miloudi in the squad, Matt Costello is in though. Wonder what is up with him 

Damaged elbow I think. Tough game on Sunday, slowly but surely running out of players, especially middles but it is what it is. 

• Like 2

Great performance against a top quality team, the lead built up by half time by Fev just kept there noses ahead in the 2nd half. Think the long break in play helped them more than Barrow but couldn’t be helped. 

Gutsy effort against a huge physical team, we had the chance to level but bombed a try with minutes left and a daft long pass gave them the ball back to get back to our end, despite that the boys put on a good show and the never give in attitude came through again.

Gutsy effort, having a bench with no props against a much bigger team was always going to be a struggle, we made up for it in with sheer character and effort though. 

In my book we finish 4th if we win our remaining games as I don't see Batley winning away at Leigh. 

• Like 1

Lads were great today. Let’s face it if someone said you will finish in a playoff position at the start of the season you have snapped their hand off.  The team has achieved that so any thing more is a bonus. Been great to watch 

• Like 5

Good listen on the wireless too, gave em a scare. Hope the fan taken ill recovers to see you pip them in the play offs 🤞

• Like 5

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: