Rogering the Rams

Batley Bob

A wins a win.. to be fair best dews players were giants loanees besides sykes who kicked us to death first half, i thought without leaky and benny we could a lost this one, but the boys dug deep and it were a great game, ref looked like mr bean and had a decent game too,

• Like 1

I knew we couldn't be as bad in 2 consecutive halves but we tried for the first 10 minutes of the 2nd and the first half was particularly bad! Fortunately all 3 halves decided to play well at the same time and of course that chase back from JC!!

• Like 1

On 22/08/2022 at 14:06, The scrim reaper said:

Dewsbury have been poor all season managed to scrape a win at worky this week! where as we are struggling for a bit of form at the moment,do dewsbury want to be sent down by there nearest rivals live on tv? I think this could be closer than is being predicted, there's nothing more dangerous than a cornered animal, I reckon the rams will be fighting for everything on Monday! 

Thought dewsbury were excellent first half, where as we looked half asleep thought Meadows made the difference when he came on! To be honest I wasn't feeling too optimistic about the second half although talking to dewsbury fans they weren't optimistic either as they had been in similar positions all year and still lost, I thought second half we knuckled down and really got stuck in to dewsbury our completion rate must have been 80%+ two turning points for me Campbells wonder tackle🦸 and sykes sin binning how many times has he cost dewsbury with ill discipline? We did it tough but got the win hopefully this will gear the boys up for bradford on Sunday, Well done boys! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, silverback said:

A wins a win.. to be fair best dews players were giants loanees besides sykes who kicked us to death first half, i thought without leaky and benny we could a lost this one, but the boys dug deep and it were a great game, ref looked like mr bean and had a decent game too,

What about young Ruis Butterworth? He had a great game especially first half and the try he scored,and he’s our player 😉

Edited by graham fisher
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

What about young Ruis Butterworth? He had a great game especially first half and the try he scored,and he’s our player 😉

Reiss did have a stormer , so did quite a few of dews , makes you wonder if there putting themselves in the shop window for next season , as if they had played like that all season you wouldn’t have been relegated , or is it due to managerial change

• Like 3

IMG_0583.JPG

7 hours ago, silverback said:

Thought Collinson went well too 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Our bench changed the game last night meadows had his best game for us, Dane manning outstanding again I thought we were lacking confidence in the first 50 minutes but we built from the pressure and did enough to win 

Sykes was in lucky to see yellow should of been red… 

move on to Sunday and the rest of the season 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Thought Collinson went well too 

Agree. Think he was very impressive when he came on. Needs to add a bit of size/muscle but plays well above his weight. For me, when I've watched him on TV at Cornwall he hasn't been that outstanding but tonight he looked good.

I know it doesn't matter now but did no one else notice the final pass in the first Dewsbury try? Winger was spot on the 20 yard line when he passed and Sweeting caught it half way to the 10.  Ref and TJ completely ignored it. No doubt BSJ will tell us all about momentum, coming backwards out of the hand and other relativistic theories but for me it was a clear forward pass.

Edited by bromleybulldog
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Reiss did have a stormer , so did quite a few of dews , makes you wonder if there putting themselves in the shop window for next season , as if they had played like that all season you wouldn’t have been relegated , or is it due to managerial change

I've said it before,if Liam had have been brought in earlier I reckon we would have stayed up,he's given the younger players a chance which as given them confidence.That's 5 games now we have lost at home which was down to us,Whitehaven,Newcastle, London, Barrow and Batley and that is why we will be playing championship 1 rugby next year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bromleybulldog said:

I know it doesn't matter now but did no one else notice the final pass in the first Dewsbury try? Winger was spot on the 20 yard line when he passed and Sweeting caught it half way to the 10.  Ref and TJ completely ignored it. No doubt BSJ will tell us all about momentum, coming backwards out of the hand and other relativistic theories but for me it was a clear forward pass.

everyone round me shouted it was forward, good job they pulled the next one shortly after. luckily it did not affect the result. but we were inline with play which helps. even though it was over the far side of the pitch.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

It was the only forward pass that went unpunished, not just from Dewsbury either (nor just this game!). I'd go as far as to say that 90% of short passes out if dummy half are forward. The pass which led to Dixon setting off on that run was directly opposite where I was on the railings and the TJ was right there. We also had at least 1 on the short stand side that we got away with in the set which led to the cross movement which led to George's try. I agree with others about hoping Dewsbury's demise is short and their effort last night. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bromleybulldog said:

I'll ask them to change the laws for you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

some shady characters at the match last night...

dodgy Charectors.jpg

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

The lights were the same early season when I went to their match on Premier v Widnes Rog. Maybe a couple more bulbs have gone since then. Sawyer certainly isn't doing Rams any favours now....as their fans testified last night.

13 hours ago, phildog said:

The lights were the same early season when I went to their match on Premier v Widnes Rog. Maybe a couple more bulbs have gone since then. Sawyer certainly isn't doing Rams any favours now....as their fans testified last night.

Please explain - which fans and how did they testify?

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Please explain - which fans and how did they testify?

Have you not heard BSJ - "The truth is out there" 😄

Another thing the Internet doesn't require to funtion

• Haha 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Now now BSJ, how am I supposed to know the names of every Rams fan? Safe to say, several were unhappy on the way out and not just at having lost....

2 hours ago, phildog said:

Now now BSJ, how am I supposed to know the names of every Rams fan? Safe to say, several were unhappy on the way out and not just at having lost....

I thought they took it in good spirits, singing "we're all going on a League 1. Tour" 

And I know most of the Rams fans, there are only a dozen or so anyway!

• Haha 2