Batley (H)

Wakefield Ram

5 hours ago, KC Ram said:

Sykes did not get a ban, disciplinary panel says initial contact with the body and video unclear as to whether then contact with head. Hooley on the other hand has been referred for further investigation into biting. So once again this season we have suffered a sin bin that contributed to us loosing the game only for no further action against our player. Whereas our opponents stayed on the field but further action taken later.This is at least the third time this season. 

Just because you get a sin bin doesn't mean that you will also get a ban. I was watching the game again last night and it was definitely a yellow and could easily have been a red. How the panel made their interpretation I don't know.

The referee couldn't take any other action against Hooley as neither he nor his touch judges saw the alleged infringement.

I don't understand what you are complaining about.

• Like 4

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I was just making an observation that on a few occasions this year we have had yellow cards with no further action but opposition players have escaped the bin but found to have committed an offence leading to a ban for future games which doesn’t help us at the time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KC Ram said:

I was just making an observation that on a few occasions this year we have had yellow cards with no further action but opposition players have escaped the bin but found to have committed an offence leading to a ban for future games which doesn’t help us at the time. 

It's the same for all teams though, not just us.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.