England Knights to play France B and Scotland

at least the scottish people will get to see their team play in Scotland prior to the world cup. I don't think they will care much who the players are, if they beat England that is all that will matter

Shame the welsh won't get to see there team play at home before the world cup, but will have to travel to England,I doubt many welsh fans will come

2 hours ago, crashmon said:

at least the scottish people will get to see their team play in Scotland prior to the world cup. I don't think they will care much who the players are, if they beat England that is all that will matter

Shame the welsh won't get to see there team play at home before the world cup, but will have to travel to England,I doubt many welsh fans will come

Do you think many Scots will be bothered about a team of Englishmen calling themselves Scotland playing another team of Englishmen who aren’t even the proper England team? 

36 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Do you think many Scots will be bothered about a team of Englishmen calling themselves Scotland playing another team of Englishmen who aren’t even the proper England team? 

Most scots could not name any RL player, that is how little the game is known about up there.  So you could fill the team with players all called singh or patel,  and as long as they are in a scottish kit playing england they will get supported.

Football and Union I would agree with you but on League none of the scottish fans would know any of the players anyway even if they all were descended from William Wallace

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

France B have named a 20-man squad:

Vincent Albert, Georgy Gambaro (Carcassonne), Justin Bouscayrol (Limoux), Tiaki Chan, Mathieu Cozza, Romain Franco, Corentin Le Cam, Cesar Rouge, Bastien Scimone (Catalans), Fabien Jullien (Avignon), Thomas Lacans (Newcastle Thunder), Benjamin Laguerre, Gavin Marguerite, Hugo Pezet, Maxime Stefani, Dimitri Biscarro (Toulouse), Franck Maria (Lezignan), Hakim Miloudi (Barrow), Ugo Tison (Saint-Esteve), Florian Vailhen (Baroudeurs)

• Thanks 1

England Knights 21-man squad: 

John Bateman (Wigan Warriors), Jon Bennison (St Helens), Deon Cross (Salford Red Devils), Matty English (Huddersfield Giants), Sam Halsall, Ethan Havard (both Wigan Warriors), Jordan Lane (Hull FC), Mikey Lewis, Jez Litten (both Hull KR), Ellis Longstaff, Matty Nicholson (both Warrington Wolves), Oliver Partington, Kai Pearce-Paul (both Wigan Warriors), Will Pryce, Olly Russell (both Huddersfield Giants), Morgan Smithies (Wigan Warriors), Josh Thewlis (Warrington Wolves), Liam Tindall (Leeds Rhinos), Owen Trout (Huddersfield Giants), Danny Walker (Warrington Wolves), Matt Whitley (Catalans Dragons)

• Thanks 1

Big news here is surely the inclusion of Mikey Lewis and KPP for the Knights. 

This surely means that both will miss out on the World Cup.

Harry Smith and Jackson Hastings' hopes just got a bit of a lift IMO.

Edited by StandOffHalf

1 hour ago, StandOffHalf said:

Big news here is surely the inclusion of Mikey Lewis and KPP for the Knights. 

This surely means that both will miss out on the World Cup.

Harry Smith and Jackson Hastings' hopes just got a bit of a lift IMO.

Bad news for John Bateman then. Lewis at least hasn’t played for a few weeks would make sense to get anyone in that position a few games. 

41 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Bad news for John Bateman then. Lewis at least hasn’t played for a few weeks would make sense to get anyone in that position a few games. 

The way I read it is that those included in this Knights squad are on the outer and not really forefront in Wane's thoughts for the WC - Bateman very obviously excepted.

England Knights squad to travel to France  

Jon Bennison (St Helens), Jack Broadbent (Featherstone Rovers), Deon Cross, Tyler Dupree (both Salford Red Devils), Matt English (Huddersfield Giants), Ethan Havard, Harvie Hill (both Wigan Warriors), Jordan Lane (Hull FC), Mikey Lewis, Jez Litten (both Hull KR), Ellis Longstaff, Matt Nicholson (both Warrington Wolves), Will Pryce, Olly Russell (both Huddersfield Giants), Josh Thewlis (Warrington Wolves), Liam Tindall (Leeds Rhinos), Owen Trout (Huddersfield Giants), Danny Walker (Warrington Wolves), Jake Wardle (Huddersfield Giants), Matt Whitley (Catalans Dragons)

Have to feel for John Bateman missing out on his big chance through suspension.  

• Haha 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

16 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

England Knights squad to travel to France  

Jon Bennison (St Helens), Jack Broadbent (Featherstone Rovers), Deon Cross, Tyler Dupree (both Salford Red Devils), Matt English (Huddersfield Giants), Ethan Havard, Harvie Hill (both Wigan Warriors), Jordan Lane (Hull FC), Mikey Lewis, Jez Litten (both Hull KR), Ellis Longstaff, Matt Nicholson (both Warrington Wolves), Will Pryce, Olly Russell (both Huddersfield Giants), Josh Thewlis (Warrington Wolves), Liam Tindall (Leeds Rhinos), Owen Trout (Huddersfield Giants), Danny Walker (Warrington Wolves), Jake Wardle (Huddersfield Giants), Matt Whitley (Catalans Dragons)

Have to feel for John Bateman missing out on his big chance through suspension.  

Some good players there. Harvie Hill is an interesting selection with only 1 SL game under his belt.

16 minutes ago, Damien said:

Some good players there. Harvie Hill is an interesting selection with only 1 SL game under his belt.

I can’t say I know much about him, do you?

The squad shows the striking lack of talent in outside backs currently in our game sadly. That Liam Tindall gets a place………..the bloke can’t defend for toffee and predominately runs sideways. I know there’s a few missing such as Wrench and Murphy but still the well is very dry

4 hours ago, Trojan Horse said:

I was very surprised Corey Hall isn’t in the 21. He’s been excellent in his games this season for trinity along with Murphy.  Both cracking young players. 

I think the omission of Murphy from this squad means it's pretty likely that Wane has included him in the 24-man World Cup squad.

I feel at the moment that his wingers might be Makinson, Hall, Young, Marshall and Murphy.

8 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

I think the omission of Murphy from this squad means it's pretty likely that Wane has included him in the 24-man World Cup squad.

I feel at the moment that his wingers might be Makinson, Hall, Young, Marshall and Murphy.

That would certainly be amazing for the young lad. He has been excellent this year in attack but most surprising is his defence seems strong too. he’s had a better breakthrough season than TJ which is no mean feat. He probably won’t play but if he’s part of the set up that would be great for him. 

He did pick up some sort of leg injury in last game of season though he seemed to play through it. Worst time with him getting a call up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trojan Horse said:

That would certainly be amazing for the young lad. He has been excellent this year in attack but most surprising is his defence seems strong too. he’s had a better breakthrough season than TJ which is no mean feat. He probably won’t play but if he’s part of the set up that would be great for him. 

He did pick up some sort of leg injury in last game of season though he seemed to play through it. Worst time with him getting a call up. 

Hehe, I'm not the coach - and I didn't know about the knock he picked up. That could explain his omission from the Knights squad.

If he's fit, I think there's a fair chance that he makes the main squad. He'd go well against Greece and France.

17 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Hmm... this was supposed to start streaming about 15 minutes ago. So is the OPs' 1st Oct date for this match correct, or are we experiencing technical difficulties?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Hmm... this was supposed to start streaming about 15 minutes ago. So is the OPs' 1st Oct date for this match correct, or are we experiencing technical difficulties?

Dumb question but the date on the tweet says Saturday 1st October so why did you think the stream was for yesterday?

21 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Dumb question but the date on the tweet says Saturday 1st October so why did you think the stream was for yesterday?

Because yesterday, the YouTube link started counting down to 18:15 on the 29th. If you look at the white text at the bottom of the YT link I posted, it still shows that date and time.

Then, when the countdown finished, nothing happened. I assume someone messed up the streaming information, so let's hope the link works tomorrow.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson