League of Their Own

The show on SKY. I've never actually seen it, but it seems very cliquey with the Romesh fella, Redknapp etc. 

Have we ever had a player on? 

Who would we send?

We really don't have any presence in the mainstream social media at the moment. Why is that? Is is the players' fault?

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

I don’t know what League of their own is, but in terms of lack of national exposure in what way would it be the players’ fault do you think? In my view RL is a regional sport that the national media take no notice of, which is a massive shame. 

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I don’t know what League of their own is, but in terms of lack of national exposure in what way would it be the players’ fault do you think? In my view RL is a regional sport that the national media take no notice of, which is a massive shame. 

I don't know whether the players have agents that push for them to go on these type of programmes, or even if they want to. I see RU players on all sorts.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

4 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

I don't know whether the players have agents that push for them to go on these type of programmes, or even if they want to. I see RU players on all sorts.

It will pretty much all be down to agents.

The fact that agents don't see much profit in representing league players will be the issue.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It will pretty much all be down to agents.

The fact that agents don't see much profit in representing league players will be the issue.

Chicken and egg. Who are the modern day Sculthrops?

I do not watch English RL, so to be honest, i just don't know.

League Of Their Own is basically a soccer show, really, that's all it is , soccer players being prats for entertainment.  It's totally soccer orientated, and I've endured one or two shows and that was enough. Do we really want RL players on this drivel?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

League Of Their Own is basically a soccer show, really, that's all it is , soccer players being prats for entertainment.  It's totally soccer orientated, and I've endured one or two shows and that was enough. Do we really want RL players on this drivel?

TBH, I want RL players everywhere.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Yes. We do.

I'd like the World Cup to be tweeted about by people who are influencing folk.

2 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

One agent seems to want to make himself the star!

*oooogetyou.gif*

• Haha 2