Transfer rumours

Wakefield Ram

16 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

According to main forum, Ben Blackmore going to Bradford.

I would have thought that the Bulls would be looking for speedsters, but you never, know, he could prove us wrong.

He has yet to prove he is capable of anything for me in a shirt of similar colours.

• Like 3
Legs, Dews, Legs.

21 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

According to main forum, Ben Blackmore going to Bradford.

We could have a whip round for the bus fare.

🙂

• Haha 3

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

19 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Nah make him walk,burn some energy off has he asn’t burnt any off in a Rams shirt.

He took the ball in well every set and was the extra forward, it was defence where he let the tries in. Suspect he may have played his last game for us anyway.

I'm guessing Gabriel has agreed terms elsewhere which is why we're not seeing him now.

59 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

He took the ball in well every set and was the extra forward, it was defence where he let the tries in. Suspect he may have played his last game for us anyway.

I'm guessing Gabriel has agreed terms elsewhere which is why we're not seeing him now.

He has a knee injury requiring surgery. This will make him an expensive signing if he were to move.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

23 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Nah make him walk,burn some energy off has he asn’t burnt any off in a Rams shirt.

Put him on the Johnny Campbell Express🤔

He's already rode it 5 times at Headingley 🤔

Anti Nowhere League have a song dedicated to Ben Blackmore.. 🤔

"we shall not remember you" 

And we wont🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Not a rumour but Tom Garrett has been released by Hull KR. Not played since 1st April due to concussion.

True WR The former Dewsbury Rams prop has been struggling with concussion symptoms since suffering a head injury against Warrington Wolves on April 1.

He hasn't been able to train due to several concussion complications so until it gets sorted he won't be able to play

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A very good player who can't play the game because his head's been thwacked too many times, to be an ambassador for the game?  A bit like having Terry (I always talked like this) Downes as an ambassador for boxing  (one for the oldies!).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bill H said:

A very good player who can't play the game because his head's been thwacked too many times, to be an ambassador for the game?  A bit like having Terry (I always talked like this) Downes as an ambassador for boxing  (one for the oldies!).

Hard to overstate the ignorance of your comment. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bill H said:

Do you know Tom?? 

Obviously not

Your comment is one of a Baffoon

Utter 🔔🔚 comment 🤔🤔

• Like 5

Why ignorance WR?   Making a comparison with Downes may have been ill judged but he was a lionhearted boxer who led from the front, won the Middleweight World Championship and beat the legendary Sugar Ray Robinson.  He was very successful after boxing but with the suspicion that damage in the ring had caused neurological damage he would not have been an encouragement to parents to  let their children take up boxing.  It struck me that the same would be true of Tom Garrett if he was representing  your club and Rugby League whilst unable to play the game because of symptoms of neurological damage caused whilst playing the game.  A light hearted comparison but a serious concern in the sport.  

If you are offended by my getting a cheap smile out of the situation then you make a fair point and I apologise if that has caused offence. Once the comparison struck me I thought it apt but I can see that it might judged  insensitive by those who know Tom.  

Edited by Bill H
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, coolie said:

Do you know Tom?? 

Obviously not

Your comment is one of a Baffoon

Utter 🔔🔚 comment 🤔🤔

No need for that at all Coolie. No offence was meant.  I thought that your suggestion was ill judged for the reasons given.  I can see now that the way that I made the point was also ill judged given that you and WR have both reacted very strongly to the post, presumably because it is very personal to you..  The point that I was trying to make is valid though.  

I'm more than happy for a moderator to step in and take my comment off line.  

2 hours ago, Bill H said:

Why ignorance WR?   Making a comparison with Downes may have been ill judged but he was a lionhearted boxer who led from the front, won the Middleweight World Championship and beat the legendary Sugar Ray Robinson.  He was very successful after boxing but with the suspicion that damage in the ring had caused neurological damage he would not have been an encouragement to parents to  let their children take up boxing.  It struck me that the same would be true of Tom Garrett if he was representing  your club and Rugby League whilst unable to play the game because of symptoms of neurological damage caused whilst playing the game.  A light hearted comparison but a serious concern in the sport.  

If you are offended by my getting a cheap smile out of the situation then you make a fair point and I apologise if that has caused offence. Once the comparison struck me I thought it apt but I can see that it might judged  insensitive by some.  

Thank you for the post. Very rare to see a post like that. My thoughts were about a 27 year old (I forget how young they are) who thoroughly deserved his chance in SL and has had it ended by injury. And I guess he may also have concerns about the long term. Tom Garratt always came across as a smart, decent. bloke

Giving the mounting evidence (and legal action) I find it hard to believe how little the RFL have done. The clampdown on head tackles was short lived once coaches started complaining about players being binned/sent off. So coaches prioritising their jobs rather than trying to protect players against head high tackles. I ref RU and they brought this in 4/5 years ago and didn't back down despite all the "game is going soft" comments. No one would go back now and the players have adapted. The HIA is worthless. Even the NFL now limit contact sessions to once a week. 

Off my high horse and thanks again for your post.

Edited by Wakefield Ram
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Thank you for the post. Very rare to see a post like that. My thoughts were about a 27 year old (I forget how young they are) who thoroughly deserved his chance in SL and has had it ended by injury. And I guess he may also have concerns about his long term brain health. Tom Garratt always came across as a smart, decent. bloke

Giving the mounting evidence (and legal action) I find it hard to believe how little the RFL have done. The clampdown on head tackles was short lived once coaches started complaining about players being binned/sent off. So coaches prioritising their jobs rather than trying to protect players against head high tackles. I ref RU and they brought this in 4/5 years ago and didn't back down despite all the "game is going soft" comments. No one would go back now and the players have adapted. The HIA is worthless. Even the NFL now limit contact sessions to once a week. 

Off my high horse and thanks again for your post.

Thank you WF.  I should have seen the potential for offence in my original post.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1