King to Wigan for 2023

8 hours ago, Nothus said:

IF I was a Wigan fan I'd much rather have seen them go for Wardle or Leutele, or both. King isn't a very good centre in the sense that he is terrible at feeding his winger.

We currently have Jake Bibby at centre. King can't be any worse at passing to his winger. While it does seem like we're swapping one player who can't pass and can't defend for another, I think King does have the potential to be better and is more of a natural athlete, and he averages nearly 40m per game more so it actually seems like King puts a bit of work in.

12 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

We currently have Jake Bibby at centre. King can't be any worse at passing to his winger. While it does seem like we're swapping one player who can't pass and can't defend for another, I think King does have the potential to be better and is more of a natural athlete, and he averages nearly 40m per game more so it actually seems like King puts a bit of work in.

King has lots of potential, hes good in the air, athletic, and does use his winger.  Personally sad to see how its gone with him at Warrington. But ive no doubt he will get back to his best. 

• Like 2

On 23/08/2022 at 21:05, Desert Skipper said:

King was very good for a year and a half after taking a few years to break through. But it’s a misconception that his form dropped when Powell arrived. His form fell off a cliff when he signed a big money contract 18 months earlier. Warrington only have themselves to blame there, of course. He was good but not outstanding. Hull KR was the club he came closest to signing for at the time, not big club rivals Wigan or Saints or Leeds.

King has a certain skill set: He’s excellent in the air, strong running, and has an excellent offload. With a bit more weight and grunt he’d be a good second row. However, Wardle has looked a far better centre in these awful Warrington performances than King, and less responsible for leaking tries.

Regarding my original post, it was a cheeky swipe at Peet’s comments simply because he suggested Warrington can’t produce their own players. Where are the Wigan academy centres that should be keeping Warrington-produced King from getting a loan gig? It doesn’t matter how long he’s been playing, Peet’s rant still doesn’t work.

Really good post.

I love this forum, people are genuinely informed and the truth massively outweighs the nonsense.