Wed 24th Aug: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/22 at 19:30

7 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Kids day so might balance out 

Surprised they sold out the Cariboa cup game by the way

£15 tickets. They did it last year too for this round of the Carabao Cup against Crewe.

There is huge latent demand for LUFC tickets, a max capacity 29,000 crowd (one of the ends was closed for maintainance) saw LUFC play Serie B Cagliari in Pre-season a few weeks ago. For most non-members/Season ticket holders, these might be the only games you can see LUFC live this season; so people are willing to make the effort on a weekday night. Add to that the pricing is such that the likes of my mum are going and there's your sell out of home tickets for a second round league cup game against League 1 opposition.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

£15 tickets. They did it last year too for this round of the Carabao Cup against Crewe.

There is huge latent demand for LUFC tickets, a max capacity 29,000 crowd (one of the ends was closed for maintainance) saw LUFC play Serie B Cagliari in Pre-season a few weeks ago. For most non-members/Season ticket holders, these might be the only games you can see LUFC live this season; so people are willing to make the effort on a weekday night. Add to that the pricing is such that the likes of my mum are going and there's your sell out of home tickets for a second round league cup game against League 1 opposition.

I think in the League Cup, like the FA Cup, you have to make more tickets available for away fans than in the league as well so if, say, you have a reasonably local team looking for a bit of a giant killing then that's a pretty easy sell too.

My new metric for ticket prices though is: "Cheap enough for Tommy's mum."

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I think in the League Cup, like the FA Cup, you have to make more tickets available for away fans than in the league as well so if, say, you have a reasonably local team looking for a bit of a giant killing then that's a pretty easy sell too.

My new metric for ticket prices though is: "Cheap enough for Tommy's mum."

Now now!

You're right about allocations, though that is tempered by lower league clubs bringing less fans generally.

Actually I think we'll see an interesting thing tonight, especially with the £5 kids offer at Headingley, of Grandparents and kids at Headingley.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Going to be an interesting crowd this.

LUFC have a sell out against Barnsley at Elland Road (which 4 of us are going to) tomorrow too.

You can't go to them both Tommy, what's your choice? 

26 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

LUFC, will likely not get to another competitive game for another year - just like exactly a year ago

It's a shame sky strikes again.

Should be a tight game but think the Giants will prevail. Our run has to end sometime and couldn't think of a better team to lose to. Giants by 12.

• Like 1

• John Drake changed the title to Wed 24th Aug: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky)
  • John Drake pinned this topic
22 hours ago, daz39 said:

Have i missed a game thread on tomorrow's game?

No, I missed it! 😱

Games on a Wednesday shouldn't be allowed!! They catch me unawares. 😄

I've added a poll and pinned this thread.

Thanks for starting it.

• Haha 1