Wed 24th Aug: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/22 at 19:30

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

It’s professional sport for pay and, ultimately, entertainment.

Sometimes we forget that. 

I don't forget that it's rugby league though, a professional sport since 1895, so around a hundred and twenty seven years with very little cheating until recently.

A sport I used to be proud of.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I’m agreeing with Phil Clarke …. Must be past my bed time 

• Like 1

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I must admit,  I'm OK with those decisions.  Hill wouldn't let go.  And you can see he is flexing his muscles on Myler. 

The 2nd one was less fortunate,  but there is a duty of care,  when one player is low,  the one high has to be careful not to take the player down dangerously. 

They weren't the worst tackles ever,  but yellow for each was fine imo. 

At what point should Hill let go ? 

Just now, Old Frightful said:

I don't forget that it's rugby league though, a professional sport since 1895, so around a hundred and twenty seven years with very little cheating until recently.

What about the dark arts and all that good old days?

Cheating has sadly always been part of pro sport, but now some people don't like that its not the sort of cheating they prefer.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Players will always bend the rules to their advantage. I can’t say I was around in 1895 but I’m sure Brighouse Rangers would’ve tried to con the ref on occasion. 

Edited by Man of Kent
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

The big picture is Huddersfield should have won that but lost.

Rather than blaming Myler, Ian Watson should be blaming his side for Leeds still having a sniff before that incident despite their dominance and playing for a quarter of the game against 12 men.

Leeds are ace with 12 men, we do it all the time

Its like a bulldozer tackle and in no way does Myler ever end up in that position without putting himself in it. He can't get any sort of quick play the ball from that position he were in and he likely knew that. Ive never seen someone attempt to get out of the tackle like that though and if he injured himself doing it then so be it.

Just now, Dave T said:

As Myler is rising. 

He'd have still dropped back onto his head , Myler was on the floor , by pushing upwards with his legs he put himself in a dangerous position , and Hill in a ' no win ' position 

The penalty should be against the player who put himself in a dangerous position 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

He'd have still dropped back onto his head , Myler was on the floor , by pushing upwards with his legs he put himself in a dangerous position , and Hill in a ' no win ' position 

The penalty should be against the player who put himself in a dangerous position 

Yes that's exactly how the rules are written 🤣

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

If he'd have dropped on his head without Hill's hands round him there would be no penalty.