Wed 24th Aug: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/22 at 19:30

16 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

He's cheated Hudds out of a victory.

I used to be proud of RL, my favourite sport by a country mile, because I could say to soccerball fans, your sport is full of cheats and whichever team cheats the most wins.

Now people like Fages and Myler have taken a winning argument away from me.

12 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I have turned it off now but my impression from the replay was that Hill lifted him rather than simply releasing him.  Will have a look tomorrow

Players are coached to be tight around the ribs, and squeezing as tight as possible helps with that. That can be a lifting action potentially to take away the ball carrier from their legs which are their levers to fight up.

7 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I don't forget that it's rugby league though, a professional sport since 1895, so around a hundred and twenty seven years with very little cheating until recently.

A sport I used to be proud of.

Are you seriously arguing that until the last few years nobody ever cheated? Come on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

When he dropped onto the floor Hills hands were not around him 

Hill absolutely played a part in lifting him.  And I don't think your comment is entirely true (without access to watch it back right now). 

• Like 2

Just now, V02 said:

Are you seriously arguing that until the last few years nobody ever cheated? Come on.

Not on the scale some of the players do now.

• Haha 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 minutes ago, Ant said:

You mean like when Greenwood got sin binned because someone fell over him?

I'm happy to believe that tacklers don't get themselves into certain positions by accident. They may play innocent,  but it's nonsense. 

Edited by Dave T

Just now, Live after death said:

Huddersfield get 2 very cheap sin bins to leeds players, Hill drops Myler on his head, and its Myler who’s  a cheat.  Hill could gave ket go but lifts him and drops him. Hus own fault, Watson has a meltdown. 

Two late hits to the head, are not cheap sin bins.

Hill doesn't lift anyone, Myler pushes himself onto his head

Greenwood is fallen over 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

The only thing thats been "chucked out" is Myler by his wife.  Absute s**thouse of a human being both on and off the field

Well this well balanced analysis from an obviously informed and impartial observer such as yourself has really made me rethink the situation.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Live after death said:

Hill drops Myler on his head, and its Myler who’s  a cheat. 

I watched the replay very carefully, Myler pushed his legs up intentionally to end up in the position he did, Hill did no lifting whatsoever.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I'm happy to believe that tacklers don't get themselves into certain positions by accident. They may play innocent,  but it's nonsense. 

He was literally on his hands and knees facing away and Austin fell over him and Greenwood gets sin binned? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Live after death said:

Huddersfield get 2 very cheap sin bins to leeds players, Hill drops Myler on his head, and its Myler who’s  a cheat.  Hill could gave ket go but lifts him and drops him. Hus own fault, Watson has a meltdown. 

A shoulder charge on a player without the ball 

A high tackle resulting in the player having to leave the pitch unable to return 

In fact both Austin and Bently were lucky that swinging arms and pulling at the head of a Giants player in one tackle didn't get penalised just prior to Hills card 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

The only thing thats been "chucked out" is Myler by his wife.  Absute s**thouse of a human being both on and off the field

Really! it's fine talking about what's gone on in the game , but but but 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

A shoulder charge on a player without the ball 

A high tackle resulting in the player having to leave the pitch unable to return 

In fact both Austin and Bently were lucky that swinging arms and pulling at the head of a Giants player in one tackle didn't get penalised just prior to Hills card 

That's because we pay the refs and Hetherington literally is the RFL. Haven't you heard?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ant said:

Two late hits to the head, are not cheap sin bins.

Hill doesn't lift anyone, Myler pushes himself onto his head

Greenwood is fallen over 

Sezar in real tine was ok nothing with it, abs Fages has firm for diving. Nothing at all in the Austin  one no contact with heads at all he was binned for shoulder charge.

hill definitely drops Myler on his head take your anti Leeds blinkers off.

• Haha 3

Just now, Tommygilf said:

That's because we pay the refs and Hetherington literally is the RFL. Haven't you heard?

No , it's because the Ref made a mistake , one that most likely won you the game , I've not suggested anywhere that it was anything except that 

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

If this is the reaction to us winning against Huddersfield on a Wednesday night, can't imagine what meltdown some will go through when we win at Old Trafford this year!

Well they wanted to in all Leeds grand finals, but in the end they couldn't oh yes they could Leeds only won because it rained 

• Like 1

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

2 minutes ago, Live after death said:

Hill literally lifts him up and drops him  what are you watching, just seeing what you want to see.

I think you'll find the exact opposite.

The only people defending Myler seem to be Leeds fans.

• Like 3