Wed 24th Aug: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/22 at 19:30

15 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

He'd have still dropped back onto his head , Myler was on the floor , by pushing upwards with his legs he put himself in a dangerous position , and Hill in a ' no win ' position 

The penalty should be against the player who put himself in a dangerous position 

Digging a bigger hole, victim shaming now.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I watched the replay very carefully, Myler pushed his legs up intentionally to end up in the position he did, Hill did no lifting whatsoever.

I agree that Myler engineered himself into the position.  But I also felt that Hill lifted him into the air... into a position that Myler could never have put himself in on his own.

But the sin bin was harsh.

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Old Frightful said:

I think you'll find the exact opposite.

The only people defending Myler seem to be Leeds fans.

No we are reacting because of the anti Leeds stuff as usual.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

12 minutes ago, Live after death said:

Huddersfield get 2 very cheap sin bins to leeds players, Hill drops Myler on his head, and its Myler who’s  a cheat.  Hill could gave ket go but lifts him and drops him. Hus own fault, Watson has a meltdown. 

6 minutes ago, Live after death said:

Sezar in real tine was ok nothing with it, abs Fages has firm for diving. Nothing at all in the Austin  one no contact with heads at all he was binned for shoulder charge.

hill definitely drops Myler on his head take your anti Leeds blinkers off.

5 minutes ago, Live after death said:

Hill literally lifts him up and drops him  what are you watching, just seeing what you want to see.

The lack of self awareness is hilarious

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

The incident had a major impact on the result , hence the reaction 

You were lucky , try not to use it all up too early 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Live after death said:

Sezar in real tine was ok nothing with it, abs Fages has firm for diving. Nothing at all in the Austin  one no contact with heads at all he was binned for shoulder charge.

hill definitely drops Myler on his head take your anti Leeds blinkers off.

That Fages who went off with an HIA and didn't come back on? 

Sure, he was diving 

• Like 1

Really enjoyed that game. Felt like play off intensity. The comment about Huddersfield being plucky loses earlier in this thread is a good one. 

The Myler incident was unsavoury. Not a good look to see those incidents, especially to lead to the match winning moment.

That being said, Huddersfield could have defended the set better and it's immaterial. Similar to the Cup Final in some ways.

Hope these two meet in the play offs as tonight's match would make that one very feisty!

Just now, fieldofclothofgold said:

Are you going to form the LDL to rival the WDL?

I would have been perfectly happy for Leeds to win the game without controversy, the game was a terrific contest and deserved an uncontroversial finish.

But sadly, we didn't get that, Myler cheated, Jack Smith fell for it, and Leeds end up winning.

That's not how I want to see a RL game finish.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

The incident had a major impact on the result , hence the reaction 

You were lucky , try not to use it all up too early 

Huddersfield not being able to beat 12 men for much of the game cost them, not 1 decision by a referee.

1 minute ago, Chris22 said:

Really enjoyed that game. Felt like play off intensity. The comment about Huddersfield being plucky loses earlier in this thread is a good one. 

The Myler incident was unsavoury. Not a good look to see those incidents, especially to lead to the match winning moment.

That being said, Huddersfield could have defended the set better and it's immaterial. Similar to the Cup Final in some ways.

Hope these two meet in the play offs as tonight's match would make that one very feisty!

With 13 players on the pitch they probably would have done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Huddersfield not being able to beat 12 men for much of the game cost them, not 1 decision by a referee.

The last play by Leeds that created the try was against the 12 men of Huddersfield, due to a sin binning that was decided by Jack Smith.

Only Leeds fans on here tonight seem to think that was correct.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Barca Mum said:

Greenwood wasn't even holding him rugby league always pride themselves in honesty in the game but a lot of play acting and cheating by players are now catching up with footballers!!!

Passed them now, we have loads of ways available to cheat and most get utilised.

• Like 1

Just now, Old Frightful said:

The last play by Leeds that created the try was against the 12 men of Huddersfield, due to a sin binning that was decided by Jack Smith.

Been told enough times that the referee doesn't decide the outcome of games this year, still didn't tonight.

Wouldn't have mattered if they had scored more points in the rest of the game

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ant said:

When the commentary team are going off at how bad a display of cheating it was, you know its a bad one

That's all I'm saying on this now. 

Are we saying Sky pundits are quality now?  🤣

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

That winning play was easily defendable even with 12 men. Those goal kicks were kickable also

hudds werent good enough in the end

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

He's cheated Hudds out of a victory.

I used to be proud of RL, my favourite sport by a country mile, because I could say to soccerball fans, your sport is full of cheats and whichever team cheats the most wins.

Now people like Fages and Myler have taken a winning argument away from me.

Don't forget Welsby's back flip with a double twist.

• Like 1

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Don't forget Welsby's back flip with a double twist.

I'm sure Connor Wynn won't.

6 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

With 13 players on the pitch they probably would have done.

A champion side sees that game out in my view. As it would have done in the cup final.

Huddersfield are hugely improved on 2022, but those are two examples of why they are still a bit below Saints and Wigan.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

That winning play was easily defendable even with 12 men. Those goal kicks were kickable also

hudds werent good enough in the end

They were winning until Myler cheated, so I would say they were good enough but for the unsavoury sh it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1