Wed 24th Aug: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/22 at 19:30

9 minutes ago, Ant said:

When the commentary team are going off at how bad a display of cheating it was, you know its a bad one

That's all I'm saying on this now. 

Yes, if there's one thing this forum is unanimously agreed on it is the quality and accuracy of the opinions of the Sky commentary teams.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Been told enough times that the referee doesn't decide the outcome of games this year, still didn't tonight.

Wouldn't have mattered if they had scored more points in the rest of the game

Try watching it back thinking that it's Wigan v Saints instead of Leeds v Hudds.

But of course, you won't be able to.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Try watching it back thinking that it's Wigan v Saints instead of Leeds v Hudds.

But of course, you won't be able to.

Wigan should lose, 99% of the time. That does make it difficult to be impartial on that one.

https://twitter.com/longywtid/status/1562548613695164416?s=21&t=gIWpSemA6BPaXNz1Fs0EfA

ignore the tweet please- it’s the only video of the incident I can find 

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

13 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Been told enough times that the referee doesn't decide the outcome of games this year, still didn't tonight.

Wouldn't have mattered if they had scored more points in the rest of the game

It wouldn't have mattered if Leeds had scored more points in the rest of the game ? 

Stating the blindingly obvious , is that the best you've got these days ? 

• Haha 1

There will obviously be discussion around the Myler incident but it shouldn't distract from what was an absorbing game, brilliant atmosphere (on TV anyway) and good presentation by Sky.

Watching tonight felt like the product that the sport aspires to be consistently.

FWIW, I thought Huddersfield had enough territory and numerical superiority to win the game without any excuses and Leeds deserved it in the end for how game they were when Huddersfield were dominant.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

It wouldn't have mattered if Leeds had scored more points in the rest of the game ? 

Stating the blindingly obvious , is that the best you've got these days ? 

No don't worry we've still got a Grand Final win to wind everyone up with!

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Including 1 man in the bin, Hetherington's employee in the middle and of course the Good Lord himself? I like your thinking!

You really are being incredibly childish 

Again 

Grow up 

2 minutes ago, Ray Cashmere said:

There will obviously be discussion around the Myler incident but it shouldn't distract from what was an absorbing game, brilliant atmosphere (on TV anyway) and good presentation by Sky.

Watching tonight felt like the product that the sport aspires to be consistently.

FWIW, I thought Huddersfield had enough territory and numerical superiority to win the game without any excuses and Leeds deserved it in the end for how game they were when Huddersfield were dominant.

Agreed. It was very enjoyable game.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

It's not Myler's responsibility to not trick the referee. It's the responsibility of the referee to not be tricked, and the governing body to have enough sensibility in place to prevent that outcome too.

Overly harsh penalties for nothing incidents unsurprisingly lead to events like this. There's no room for nuance, and that's been the case all year whether tip tackles, late hits or contact with the head.

Players strip the ball and pretend not to have done, move off the mark to PTB, lay down for minimal contact or take a dive for obstruction in every single game. We can pretend this is all about Myler or we can acknowledge the governing body have created this to an extent by rewarding the players for doing it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GUBRATS said:

You really are being incredibly childish 

Again 

Grow up 

Suggesting 1 decision from a referee meant Huddersfield couldn't win a game they had been dominant in and Leeds had 12 men for 20 minutes of is childish where I'm from; as is suggesting that Myler was entirely at fault. 

• Like 1

May be an image of 2 people and people standing

• Haha 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Just now, SalfordSlim said:

Disagree. Deal with it.

He didn't cheat on his Mrs. The save the relationship baby didn't save the relationship and he left the family home.

Not sure what that has to do with Leeds Rhinos winning a Rugby League match like...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Myler's actions were reprehensible, but hopefully it will act as the trigger for the powers that be to clamp down on cheating in general.

Having said that, I didn't think Austin deserved a yellow. Sure, he took a man out off the ball, but it didn't look like a shoulder charge to me, and there was little force in it. And the Giants scored during that period, so you could argue that it evened itself up. Giants shoulder most of the blame for their defeat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Suggesting 1 decision from a referee meant Huddersfield couldn't win a game they had been dominant in and Leeds had 12 men for 20 minutes of is childish where I'm from; as is suggesting that Myler was entirely at fault. 

The incident cost the Giants the game , Leeds scored directly where Hill would have been defending , I know it , you know it , Mr Myler knows it , Mr Smith and Mr Watson know it , it happens , all clubs have benefitted from similar incidents in the past , and indeed lost games , accepting it on here isn't a sign of weakness , defending it is 

Nighty night 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ray Cashmere said:

Agreed, great game.

So many posts on SM having a go at the ref, it's exhausting reading the hate.

21 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

They were winning until Myler cheated, so I would say they were good enough but for the unsavoury sh it.

You’re missing the point - they didn’t take full advantage of the two leeds sin binnings.

and yes they were winning even when hill got sin binned but couldn’t hold out

• Like 1

Not sure who is more amusing here, for once it's not the Hudds fans. There's your Hull and Bullies, par for the course, but the reappearance of those Salford fans who still really really really hate Myler after all these years is a real tonic.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

The incident cost the Giants the game , Leeds scored directly where Hill would have been defending , I know it , you know it , Mr Myler knows it , Mr Smith and Mr Watson know it , it happens , all clubs have benefitted from similar incidents in the past , and indeed lost games , accepting it on here isn't a sign of weakness , defending it is 

Nighty night 

But hill wasn’t stood there they should be able to have accounted for it but weren’t good enough

• Like 1