Wed 24th Aug: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/22 at 19:30

Just now, GUBRATS said:

The incident cost the Giants the game , Leeds scored directly where Hill would have been defending , I know it , you know it , Mr Myler knows it , Mr Smith and Mr Watson know it , it happens , all clubs have benefitted from similar incidents in the past , and indeed lost games , accepting it on here isn't a sign of weakness , defending it is 

Nighty night 

Just missing a "FACT" there and you've hit the "I'm indisputably right on the internet" bingo 🤣

Back in the real world, Huddersfield lost a very winnable game against playoff opposition because they couldn't put enough distance between themselves and their opponents. Probably indicative of where they are at as a team, not quite true challengers, but better than most teams.

• Like 1

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

But hill wasn’t stood there they should be able to have accounted for it but weren’t good enough

Champion teams just collapse and inevitably concede points when a player gets sin binned. It's just the way it is.

So, I have watched the video that was posted earlier several times.

Myler pushes himself into a position where his hips are higher than his head and his feet are on the floor and his head in contact with the ground.  At this point Hill has him in a firm grasp.

Then, a second or so later, Myler is in a position where his head and feet are off the ground and he is essentially in the air.  There is no way Myler could have put himself into that position and Hill must have lifted him.  You can see the lift clear as day on the video.

I am not saying Myler didn't milk anything by engineering an unnatural position but Hill did lift him from the ground and he did land down again head first so it is a penalty.  As I say, I thought the sin bin was harsh.

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, M j M said:

Not sure who is more amusing here, for once it's not the Hudds fans. There's your Hull and Bullies, par for the course, but the reappearance of those Salford fans who still really really really hate Myler after all these years is a real tonic.

He's a **** mate. And a cheating one at that. But we know that's what Leeds love so you keep defending him.

We expect nothing less.👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have just seen the twitter video though for technical reasons missed the match. 

We should be disappointed about this decision.

The match outcome I can't comment on as I didn't see it but.... I can imagine. 

• Like 1

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Deary me there's a lot of toys being chucked out of the pram in this thread.

My brother has just sent me a couple of pictures of comments made on that there Facemuck thing, and it seems Cas, FC fans are the most annoyed. Even Saints and Wigan have been called cheating b******* because it’s always the big clubs who run the game and pay the Refs.
It also seems according to one person it’s simply down to the colour of shirt you wear. 

40 minutes ago, Josef K said:

So Rugby League was the winner then ?. 

It wasn't because the result was affected by foul play against the best player (Fages) on the pitch. 

How can we encourage France to develop, yet at the same time, give only a 10 minute sin bin to someone who injures their best player? 

• Haha 1

Watching the video it was a clear penalty... Hill lifted myler.  He as in Hill as a duty of care on the man with the ball.

Yes it was a harsh sin bin...but a correct call to penalise. Myler did not play act in being lifted off the ground.

Anyway wasn't it Hill that hit myler very late early in the game when myler kicked. I would expect him to miss a game or two from that.

The second Hudds sin bin was definitely dangerous and similar...almost as if its part of Huddersfield technique in such situation.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Hill doesn't try to cynically slow down Myler playing the ball quickly - correct 

he doesn't put Myler in the position he ends up in, - correct

and doesn't get binned. -incorrect, he was binned.

Glad you've recognised it but you almost got 3/3. Must try harder.👍

8 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Are you going to form the LDL to rival the WDL?

I would have been perfectly happy for Leeds to win the game without controversy, the game was a terrific contest and deserved an uncontroversial finish.

But sadly, we didn't get that, Myler cheated, Jack Smith fell for it, and Leeds end up winning.

That's not how I want to see a RL game finish.

Be careful with your recruitment you're in danger of turning into HULL KR MKII

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

9 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

The incident had a major impact on the result , hence the reaction 

You were lucky , try not to use it all up too early 

You played against a 12 man team for 60 minutes. Leeds defended very well 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

13 minutes ago, JohnM said:

It's Newtonian, d'y see? Mass X velocity.  

God! You are showing your age, John. Newton is so outdated. Quantum theory is the new way to go. The ball can be in two different places at the same time, so when you next shout "Forward!" at a Leeds pass, you know you are wrong. 😉

• Haha 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

1 minute ago, tonyXIII said:

God! You are showing your age, John. Newton is so outdated. Quantum theory is the new way to go. The ball can be in two different places at the same time, so when you next shout "Forward!" at a Leeds pass, you know you are wrong. 😉

But also right.

And uncertain.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gingerjon said:

But also right.

And uncertain.

Heisenberg turns up late as usual. Or does he?

• Haha 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

9 hours ago, V02 said:

It's not Myler's responsibility to not trick the referee. It's the responsibility of the referee to not be tricked, and the governing body to have enough sensibility in place to prevent that outcome too.

Unbelievable, so its the refs fault that Myler cheated....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, redjonn said:

Watching the video it was a clear penalty... Hill lifted myler.  He as in Hill as a duty of care on the man with the ball.

Yes it was a harsh sin bin...but a correct call to penalise. Myler did not play act in being lifted off the ground.

Anyway wasn't it Hill that hit myler very late early in the game when myler kicked. I would expect him to miss a game or two from that.

The second Hudds sin bin was definitely dangerous and similar...almost as if its part of Huddersfield technique in such situation.

This is pretty much my view.  It's as though people forget that Hill is probably 18st too,  having him hanging round your body as you are getting up will have an impact. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Heisenberg turns up late as usual. Or does he?

"And that, officer, is why I cannot be said to have been speeding because ... no, I think you'll find you are the one bang to rights ... but what, really, is a bang..."

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)