Wed 24th Aug: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/22 at 19:30

18 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Hill doesn't try to cynically slow down Myler playing the ball quickly he doesn't put Myler in the position he ends up in, and doesn't get binned.

Myler wasn't tackled when hill grabbed him , did the ref call held ? , Or release ? , No 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It was a huge thread here mate.  He claimed he was bitten,  when it *may* have been him putting his for arm across the mouth of the Hull player. 

I love Hill,  but he knows how to play the innocent victim. 

Every team needs players who play the villain, I get that and when a Warrington player I didn't take too kindly to some of his antics, but Myler took cheating to another level last night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, meast said:

Every team needs players who play the villain, I get that and when a Warrington player I didn't take too kindly to some of his antics, but Myler took cheating to another level last night.

I disagree,  but I did enjoy watching the Wire old guard causing so much trouble last night.  Myler the villain,  Hill the innocent victim and Austin the hero.  All great fun! 

44 minutes ago, meast said:

It was still enough to have their actions reviewed, Fages was taken out of the game by Leeds, just as he was in the game in April, that doesn't change.

No, lots of stuff gets reviewed. Being reviewed does not mean it is foul play.

And yet here you are at the same time claiming to be outraged and appalled about players misleading referees.

1 hour ago, meast said:

It was still enough to have their actions reviewed, Fages was taken out of the game by Leeds, just as he was in the game in April, that doesn't change.

He wasn't taken out as you claim, he passed his HIA  and Watson chose not to send him back on, a big difference meast.

6 hours ago, meast said:

We didn't, we lost because we didn't defend the last tackle from which Austin scored from.

If the goals had been kicked then the score would have been 12-20 before that last try so the goal kicking played a significant part in the loss.

Not blaming the goal kicker as it is not the easiest job in the team but simply pointing out the reality of the situation.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

If the goals had been kicked then the score would have been 12-20 before that last try so the goal kicking played a significant part in the loss.

Not blaming the goal kicker as it is not the easiest job in the team but simply pointing out the reality of the situation.

No you are wrong , there is no god given right that a conversion or penalty is kicked , The Giants scored the points they scored , Leeds won the game with the final try , scored potentially ( most likely ) where Hill would have been defending 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

No you are wrong , there is no god given right that a conversion or penalty is kicked , The Giants scored the points they scored , Leeds won the game with the final try , scored potentially ( most likely ) where Hill would have been defending 

So let me get this straight.

You are telling me I am wrong to state what the score would have been had the Giants kicked their conversions but you are then confidently predicting where Chris Hill would have been standing had he been on the pitch?

Yep, that all stacks up, no completely bizarre thinking there.

• Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

19 hours ago, meast said:

He was taken off the field after Sezer hit him, he was taken out of the game, just like he was in April.

Tactical.

As a matter of interest how much of the game did Fages miss ?

6 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

There was plenty of Giants players able to tackle Austin, he ran round 1 and through 2 so the idea that if hill was still on the pitch he wouldn't have scored is frankly bunkum.

22 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

So let me get this straight.

You are telling me I am wrong to state what the score would have been had the Giants kicked their conversions but you are then confidently predicting where Chris Hill would have been standing had he been on the pitch?

Yep, that all stacks up, no completely bizarre thinking there.

I said ' potentially ' and ' most likely ' 

The 3 conversions were all difficult kicks , the penalty should have been kicked ( even by me ) 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I said ' potentially ' and ' most likely ' 

The 3 conversions were all difficult kicks , the penalty should have been kicked ( even by me ) 

Yeah, and I said 'if' the goals had been kicked in the post you quoted.

23 minutes ago, Loiner said:

There was plenty of Giants players able to tackle Austin, he ran round 1 and through 2 so the idea that if hill was still on the pitch he wouldn't have scored is frankly bunkum.

IYO 

Chris normally defends one out from the PTB , just where the gap was that Austin ran through 

It's an opinion , just like yours 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Yeah, and I said 'if' the goals had been kicked in the post you quoted.

Correct , but not all are kicked especially from the touchline , as they were not in this case 

Bottom line is The Giants were winning , Leeds scored the winning try when Hill was unfairly off the pitch in pretty much exactly the position he defends in 

Not a ' fact ' that Leeds wouldn't have scored , but a fairly decent chance they wouldn't , IMO of course 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Correct , but not all are kicked especially from the touchline , as they were not in this case 

Bottom line is The Giants were winning , Leeds scored the winning try when Hill was unfairly off the pitch in pretty much exactly the position he defends in 

Not a ' fact ' that Leeds wouldn't have scored , but a fairly decent chance they wouldn't , IMO of course 

I'm not disputing any of that.

I am disputing that that you said the score wouldn't have been 12-20 had the Giants have kicked their goals.  That is actually a fact... goals in Rugby League are worth 2 points.

So tell me.  How many points would the Giants have had had they kicked their goals?

(p.s. as an assist for you here,  don't tell me again that there is no god given right that a conversion or penalty is kicked, I know that, I said 'if' they were kicked).

19 hours ago, Dunbar said:

It would have helped, but that's in hindsight, Leeds could have scored 22 points and still won.

The point being that at 14-12, we had the game won regardless of how many goal kicks we missed, we lost the game because we failed to stop Blake Austin from scoring.