Fri 26th-Sun 28th Aug: The Betfred League One Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League One games here.

FRIDAY 26th AUGUST
Hunslet v Doncaster KO 19:30

SATURDAY 27TH AUGUST
London Skolars v Midlands Hurricanes KO 15:00

SUNDAY 28th AUGUST
Keighley Cougars v North Wales Crusaders KO 15:00
Rochdale Hornets v West Wales Raiders KO 15:00
Swinton Lions v Oldham KO 15:00

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League One games here.

FRIDAY 26th AUGUST
Hunslet v Doncaster KO 19:30

SATURDAY 27TH AUGUST
London Skolars v Midlands Hurricanes KO 15:00

SUNDAY 28th AUGUST
Keighley Cougars v North Wales Crusaders KO 15:00
Rochdale Hornets v West Wales Raiders KO 15:00
Swinton Lions v Oldham KO 15:00

Hunslet 26-24 Doncaster

London Skolars 23-22 Midlands Hurricanes

Keighley 42-22 North Wales Crusaders

Rochdale 52-12 West Wales Raiders

Swinton 38-18 Oldham

Can Crusaders get a win at Cougar Park? I've heard its likely to be a big turn out to celebrate Cougars winning the league and gaining well deserved promotion. We can but hope they're focusing on celebrating rather than winning but I think Cougars will now want an unbeaten season....so I'll settle for a draw!

Hunslet West Wales and Oldham could really help us by having their games of the season this weekend! 

We can but hope!

• Like 1

Yep, lots of big names out for Cougars. Agoro, Sa'u, Chisholm for starters, I believe. Still think we will have enough. Very driven to go unbeaten. Should be a great game and atmosphere.

Be interesting to compare Crusaders with Doncaster last week, in view of the upcoming play-offs. They're going to be an excellent series of games - and all the more enjoyable for watching from afar!

• Like 1

Hunslet 28 v 28 Doncaster - I'm hoping for a good match here because I'm going to this one.

London Skolars 21 v 18 Midlands Hurricanes
Keighley Cougars 18 v 12 North Wales Crusaders
Rochdale Hornets 42 v 12 West Wales Raiders
Swinton Lions 19 v 18 Oldham

Hunslet  v Doncaster    Dons on form end of the season, double-digit win
London Skolars vMidlands Hurricanes  whoever called the draw might have a point (I know, I know!!) but 'Canes win by 10 
Keighley Cougars v North Wales Crusaders  oh well....can hope for a strong Cru against a weakened Cougars, but home win by 8
Rochdale Hornets v West Wales Raiders  big 'ornets win, sorry Raiders
Swinton Lions v Oldham   LIons by 12-16 points methinks...

In some ways it'd be nice to spoil Cougars party (not out of malice, just to hopefully try and help our 2nd place push ahead of the Swinton game) but they've well and truly deserved promotion this year...hope we're joining them 

• Like 1

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

4 hours ago, FearNothing said:

In some ways it'd be nice to spoil Cougars party (not out of malice, just to hopefully try and help our 2nd place push ahead of the Swinton game) but they've well and truly deserved promotion this year...hope we're joining them 

Thats why I'd settle for a draw. Cougars still remain unbeaten and we'd still remain 2nd! Everybodys happy!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FearNothing said:

London Skolars vMidlands Hurricanes  whoever called the draw might have a point (I know, I know!!) but 'Canes win by 10 
Keighley Cougars v North Wales Crusaders  oh well....can hope for a strong Cru against a weakened Cougars, but home win by 8

Agreed, be nice if Oldham could beat Swinton but don't see it happening.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FearNothing said:

I think the expression....'Be careful what you wish for',comes to mind.

Unless you have a new head coach working behind the scenes and is able to plan for both possibilities,for 2023.

Workington went up,via the play-offs last year,and relegated this year.

Being relegated from The Championship next year,depending on what IMG decide,may be fatal.

Getting the best coaching team in place,for a good go next year,may be better.

Enjoy Cougar Park. 

Maybe sing a song for 'em!

I hope you enjoy the experience. 

Good luck to the North Wales Crusaders supporters.Top,top people.

Home win,I reckon.

• Like 4

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 hour ago, Rene_Artois said:

Happy with the result. Always a tough game. We showed great resilience and produced an excellent 2nd half. Good result.

I went tonight as a neutral. I thought the difference between the teams was down to the amount of silly errors they made.

Hunslet just made more mistakes - especially 2nd half. From what I've heard, that's been the story of their season. Well done to Doncaster tonight.

11 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Considering where they were at the start of the season, Skolars have had a very good season by their standards and (potentially) finishing as the best of the southern sides is quite the achievement for them this year. 

The feeling in the clubhouse is pretty positive. Given what was done to us, most fans feel happy as to where the club now is on the pitch 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jeff Stein said:

Skolars win a bizarrely random game 38-34

Midlands (even reduced to 12) man for man looked very good & were arguably the better team. Considering Midlands heartland recruitment this year & loans/DR they have underachieved - The performance from them today was good enough to suggest they should have won more than they have - that’s a compliment to their players performance i saw today, not a dig at the team. Skolars full back won the game scoring/making most of their tries with sone individual brilliance. Skolars to their credit are playing with an almost all London pathway developed squad - sone great athletes, but need to develop their rugby skills & game plan.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Considering where they were at the start of the season, Skolars have had a very good season by their standards and (potentially) finishing as the best of the southern sides is quite the achievement for them this year. 

From how Midlands performed today with a man down for most of the game, i’m pretty confident they will beat Cornwall comfortably & finish above Skolars.

• Like 1