Sun 28th Aug: SL: Hull FC v Toulouse Olympique KO 15:00

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Toulouse Olympique

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/08/22 at 14:30

41 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

I think the Hull FC victory over in France a few weeks ago broke their spirit.  Coupled with Wakefield's victory at Cas that same day it completely changed the relegation picture.

36 minutes ago, MZH said:

In hindsight it was a big moment in the relegation battle. 

We were bottom on points difference and at a real low point.  Many of us had attended a backs to the wall troop rallying fans forum two days earlier.  That result came through and there was a general belief and lifting of spirits on the Castleford Railway End, echoed by the guys on the pitch throughout the following 80 minutes play.  Season defining moment.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

23 minutes ago, MZH said:

They were ahead of Wakefield going into that game he mentioned. It was a big turning point. They did seem to drop their heads quite quickly after that though. 

Yes, exactly, a Marion sin bin for eff all which turned the match. Another "what's the point trying when this happens". 

Still, plenty of people quite happy to see the back of them. Let's hope they are back to poke the M62 tiger.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kiggy said:

Yes, exactly, a Marion sin bin for eff all which turned the match. Another "what's the point trying when this happens". 

Still, plenty of people quite happy to see the back of them. Let's hope they are back to poke the M62 tiger.

They'll be back. It was always a long shot going up and staying up first time.

Losing Ford and MK on the eve of the season can't have helped and I don't think they recruited very well pre season.

They'll learn from the experience.

I'm looking forward to visiting next year.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

They'll be back. It was always a long shot going up and staying up first time.

Losing Ford and MK on the eve of the season can't have helped and I don't think they recruited very well pre season.

They'll learn from the experience.

I'm looking forward to visiting next year.

If they do manage to get into top position next season, and it's a huge "if" considering they may not even compete, let's hope they can convince the SL teams to pay for their own travel. The extra 300k would be better spent on recruitment.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kiggy said:

If they do manage to get into top position next season, and it's a huge "if" considering they may not even compete, let's hope they can convince the SL teams to pay for their own travel. The extra 300k would be better spent on recruitment.

Is withdrawing after one failed attempt a real possibility? 

Perhaps the answer to the travel cost issue is for the French market to start generating revenue for the competition. It’s very disappointing that TOXIII’s promotion didn’t bring TV money and sponsorship to SL when 1/6 of the competition was French.

It would be a bit childish to take their bat home after one poor season.

30 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Perhaps the answer to the travel cost issue is for the French market to start generating revenue for the competition. It’s very disappointing that TOXIII’s promotion didn’t bring TV money and sponsorship to SL when 1/6 of the competition was French.

Yes, very disappointing about the TV deal, Catalans have the same problem convincing the powers that be that it is a good idea.

It has cost them an absolutely huge amount of money to get this far, it really does depends on a generous benefactor to go further. It's a shame as that, as ever, it boils down to money.

38 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Oh, I think you could find a better word than childish.  That's not the feeling in the camp.

Edited by kiggy
Typo

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

TV companies probably wanted guaranteed fixtures for 2 French clubs i.e a fixture in France every week for more than 1 season

Wow, what a win!, I thought we’d get the points but not with such a dominant performance.

Are the 2023 GF tickets on sale yet?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

4 hours ago, jacksy said:

Plenty of youth getting a game, which can only be good for the club.

I hope TO can stay up somehow.

Did themselves proud every one of them, against much bigger and heavier opponents. They're the most promising batch of young players we've had in a long time. Credit to Harvey Barron in particular, who bounced back from a disappointing home debut with a superb all round performance. Yet another two sublime assists from Jake Connor gave him the confidence boost he needed and he kicked on from there.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

That's good from the forever pessimist.

I see Fevrover liked your post.

Did he think it was an anagram?

• Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Ullman said:

Did themselves proud every one of them, against much bigger and heavier opponents. They're the most promising batch of young players we've had in a long time. Credit to Harvey Barron in particular, who bounced back from a disappointing home debut with a superb all round performance. Yet another two sublime assists from Jake Connor gave him the confidence boost he needed and he kicked on from there.

Speaking of kicking, was very good with the boot too. Plenty from the touchline today.

• Like 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg