Jump to content

Swinton


Recommended Posts

Tough one this. We’ve shown better form in the last three but they will still take some beating. Hunslet home to Donny on Thursday. Hunslet been below par recently. A win for us and a loss for Hunslet will put us equal on points. Not sure what the points for and against difference is, or even if that’s how the RFL split the teams if on the same number of points. Knowing the RFL it could be best results between the two, whoever they like best, who knows. If we win the last two we’re in the playoffs and given the first two thirds of the season that would be no mean feat.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, jroyales said:

If my maths are correct, we can't lose by more than 61 points.

What am I talking about, we'll win by 4.

We can't possibly lose by 61 points - not unless we're winning at half time!!!

 

Regardless of league points and Hunslet it would be great to beat Swinton to keep us on a roll and confidence high for the Hunslet game. What worries me is the number of their ex-Oldham players who are inevitably bound to raise their game against us. I've seen it countless times - players we deemed surplus to requirements or who's contracts ended suddenly turning into Paul Sculthorpe or Billy Boston for the day.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why aren't the Wigan lads in the squad? You'd have thought when they were signed on whatever contract they came to play would have covered the rest of the season, or just the important ones ie the ones we have to win. Are they available for the Hunslet game and the one after if we finish in 6th spot?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jroyales said:

Why aren't the Wigan lads in the squad? You'd have thought when they were signed on whatever contract they came to play would have covered the rest of the season, or just the important ones ie the ones we have to win. Are they available for the Hunslet game and the one after if we finish in 6th spot?

They play for us and for wigan, if wigan have a game they play for them, it seems to be play one for us and miss one so hopefully they back for next week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

They play for us and for wigan, if wigan have a game they play for them, it seems to be play one for us and miss one so hopefully they back for next week

Wigan kept them back because of bank holiday fixtures.

Wigan have a reserve fixture next week so most probably will not play for us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Swinton 35 Oldham 6. Not surprised in the slightest tbh. Look how far we've fallen. Sad times. Feel for the Oldham fans who turned up and paid their money.

Edited by moorside roughyed
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

Swinton 35 Oldham 6. Not surprised in the slightest tbh. Look how far we've fallen. Sad times. Feel for the Oldham fans who turned up and paid their money.

Did you go?

I should imagine the majority appreciated a big effort from the boys especially in a very difficult last 20.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought it was a good arm wrestle today and losing your Hooker in the first half was a massive blow as he was having a good game and then your loose forward too late in the second half when there were no subs left.

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

Swinton 35 Oldham 6. Not surprised in the slightest tbh. Look how far we've fallen. Sad times. Feel for the Oldham fans who turned up and paid their money.

Actually, it was a good game and a tremendous effort from the lads today, so quite happy to have paid to watch it.

Very unfortunate with the injuries to key players and having to play the last 20 minutes with 12 men, due to no remaining substitutes against a strong side. Just hope now, that they are fit for next week. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Did you go?

I should imagine the majority appreciated a big effort from the boys especially in a very difficult last 20.

No I didn't. The scoreline came across a bit grim and one sided.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

No I didn't. The scoreline came across a bit grim and one sided.

If you read the opinions of people that actually attended they dont agree.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...