Fri 26th Aug: SL: Wigan Warriors v St Helens KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/08/22 at 19:30

7 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Don't watch many games, but always try and catch this fixture.

One question though - I see the clock is counting up. I'm sure I watched a game recently (might have been on BBC Super League show) and the clock was counting down. Am I mistaken or does it vary sometimes?

Think it counts down on the Channel 4 games.

9 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

One question though - I see the clock is counting up. I'm sure I watched a game recently (might have been on BBC Super League show) and the clock was counting down. Am I mistaken or does it vary sometimes?

Channel 4's counts down i think.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Ch 4 has the clock counting down.

But then, they would have given the first ever programme shown on there back in 1982.

• Thanks 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

43 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Smithies and Smith looked a classy pair the way they came in on Welsby there.

It’s almost enough to make me switch it off. I can’t abide that kind of behaviour. I’d call it worse than what Myler did the other night. 

• Like 2

I thought that was very good analysis from Sculthorpe at half time on the Field try.

You would expect the full back to take the ball carrier (Smith) on any break and then hope the cover defence deals with the support player (Field). 

But as Sculthorpe pointed out, Welsby should have covered Field as Smith was not going to go 50 metres to score.

Just shows how many split second decisions Rugby League players have to make every game.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Channel 4's counts down i think.

Rachel Riley arrives at the Jacobs Creek VIP marquee on day six of the  Wimbledon Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club,  Wimbledon Stock Photo - Alamy

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Is that not Countdown ?

Originally presented by Richard "don't call me Johnny" Whitely?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Tubby said:

It’s almost enough to make me switch it off. I can’t abide that kind of behaviour. I’d call it worse than what Myler did the other night. 

I don't want a fight every five minutes but, as DavidM said, it feels like it could be sorted out with a bit of 'old fashioned justice' and few could object.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

few could object

You just used that phrase in a Wigan v St Helens match thread. A bit optimistic...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Big play from Mike Cooper, and when Sironen dropped the ball, he didn't rub his face in it.

A bit more class than some playing this game tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 17 stone giant said:

Good atmosphere. Could hardly hear Paul Wellens speak.

Bonus.

• Haha 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

You just used that phrase in a Wigan v St Helens match thread. A bit optimistic...

It is the one fixture where I am very zen.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Both sides are a lot sloppier than usual. Lots of pointless offloads, loose passes, grabby tackles etc.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, DavidM said:

Id like to know how many minutes he plays a week. 

So would Ego and Superego. A joke for the Freudians. :kolobok_wink:

Ralph Waldo Emerson