Building for next season

town2018

Well I really hope something from the club were at the distington and elbra game tonight because the rugby on show was outstanding 

There were definitely a few from both sides that would a great asset to the squad 

The display both teams put up tonight was as good as we've seen at derwent Park this season 

25 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Well I really hope something from the club were at the distington and elbra game tonight because the rugby on show was outstanding 

There were definitely a few from both sides that would a great asset to the squad 

The display both teams put up tonight was as good as we've seen at derwent Park this season 

Gaz Tierney should be one of the 1st signed up, big, aggressive and great step and offload. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

13 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Yeah definitely mate very good aggressive player and can slot in anywhere in the forwards 

Very similar player to Marcus 

1 hour ago, town2018 said:

Gus was there 

8 hours ago, Town blue white said:

Gus was there 

Wasent at the game last night but I'm sure a couple of the Elbra players  will have been X town players  last night, and both players return to Elbra this season. 

1 minute ago, Route66 said:

I'm sure the club are well aware of potential players, many though dont want the hassle and commitment to play semi professional, sometimes supporters forget the sacrifices players will have to make to succeed at that level 

That's so very true, it's also been able to identify the  players who will want to play and work towards making it in the semi pro game, 

It’s also about making the club a place these amateurs want to go and commit to, something I don’t think many will think that it is at this point in time 

• Like 1

On the basis of what I’ve seen this year the players I would defo like to retain are:

Fitzsimmons, Thomson, Barnes. Lightowler, Steele, Scholey 

Henson, O'Brien

Doran, Thomas, Bickerdike

and I'd like to try Hutchings at centre

Forber a tricky one as has improved his game in latter half of season and got a lot of respect for him but feel we need a fresh scrum half (Walker?). 

Outside that we need an injection of pace, nous and size - only have to look at how Ferguson smashed us last week.

Players I would like to get back......🙄

Have I missed anyone?

2 hours ago, wonky said:

It’s also about making the club a place these amateurs want to go and commit to, something I don’t think many will think that it is at this point in time 

The club have to prioritise the recruitment of local players asap, but the club has to find out if they don't already no why somany locals have left the club this season, then rectify the problem,  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JMB said:

The club have to prioritise the recruitment of local players asap, but the club has to find out if they don't already no why somany locals have left the club this season, then rectify the problem,  

I don't think there's anything to find out pal, the locals left the club because a) most of them weren't good enough  and b) the ones that had potential left as they couldn't get game time due to lack on reserve rugby 

If the latter could be rectified in some way then locals would sign !

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

I don't think there's anything to find out pal, the locals left the club because a) most of them weren't good enough  and b) the ones that had potential left as they couldn't get game time due to lack on reserve rugby 

If the latter could be rectified in some way then locals would sign !

For me though we need to prioritise the locals as its these players we need to keep the club going long term like look at walker and teare who have both just left for whatever reason teare was by far our best winger/centre and walker has the potential to be a top class half back we need to start doing everything we can to retain these players because we are going to struggle to attract the best local talent with the way we are letting these lads leave the club so easy 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DocH said:

On the basis of what I’ve seen this year the players I would defo like to retain are:

Fitzsimmons, Thomson, Barnes. Lightowler, Steele, Scholey 

Henson, O'Brien

Doran, Thomas, Bickerdike

and I'd like to try Hutchings at centre

Forber a tricky one as has improved his game in latter half of season and got a lot of respect for him but feel we need a fresh scrum half (Walker?). 

Outside that we need an injection of pace, nous and size - only have to look at how Ferguson smashed us last week.

Players I would like to get back......🙄

Have I missed anyone?

You have to bear in mind that our neighbours have been the best of a bad bunch and scraped survival. So they may pick off some town players. 

4 hours ago, town4me said:

You have to bear in mind that our neighbours have been the best of a bad bunch and scraped survival. So they may pick off some town players. 

Another big  attraction to the amateur players to go towards Whitehaven will be Jonty Gorley, a good local and respected coach. I've been told by a few lads that have left Town, CT is a good coach but his man management skills are very poor, and to get the best out of every player, 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, town4me said:

Oh come on,  less of the sour grapes.  Whitehaven did what they could on a very low budget in a very tough competitive league. Best of a bad bunch and scraped survival?  Teams at the bottom end with limited resources are always going to struggle and deserve a pat on the back and a well done for managing to clinch the vital games they targeted in order to remain in the Championship and try to prepare and consolidate a foothold there in coming seasons.  Congrats to any club on small budgets and limited local player pools who manage to secure another season in a very tough and competitive league.  As someone has pointed out,  the key can often be a well respected and knowledgeable local coach at this level of part time footy. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Oh come on,  less of the sour grapes.  Whitehaven did what they could on a very low budget in a very tough competitive league. Best of a bad bunch and scraped survival?  Teams at the bottom end with limited resources are always going to struggle and deserve a pat on the back and a well done for managing to clinch the vital games they targeted in order to remain in the Championship and try to prepare and consolidate a foothold there in coming seasons.  Congrats to any club on small budgets and limited local player pools who manage to secure another season in a very tough and competitive league.  As someone has pointed out,  the key can often be a well respected and knowledgeable local coach at this level of part time footy. 

The threads about rebuilding for next season johny Ringo. I do believe that could be hindered by better players moving to our neighbours. No sour grapes at all. Town, (as suspected before the season even started), quite simply not good enough and not equipped for the championship. Stick to the thread marra.