Building for next season

town2018

14 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Sure Jessie has just signed at 2 year contract at hensingham palS

Seriously, you must be joking, Hensingh

am like other amateurs clubs don't have contracts for either players or coach's, 

20 minutes ago, JMB said:

Seriously, you must be joking, Hensingh

am like other amateurs clubs don't have contracts for either players or coach's, 

Honestly there was a photo on social media of him signing it a few weeks back 

its been the story for the last 30 years or so a good period from 1990 to 1995 , then boom its been clutching at straws and false dawns , how do we sustain things as a club ? It will be interesting how the club goes appointing a new coach and especially the team he assembles regarding season tickets , as i for 1 will be seriously thinking do i get 1 for the new season ahead.

• Like 1

I would be very surprised if there’s more than 3 or 4 of this years squad here next year.

a lot of these players think they are championship players and will hang on for championship money.

Whitehaven might sign a couple and if they do, well fair enough.

BUT here we are again, no players, no local player pool to get players so we are likely be dependent one again on travellers who can’t get fixed up with a club closer to home.

So until the pro clubs coordinate a plan with  our local clubs to raise the standard of the local amateur game, then things will never improve and we will be stuck on the hamster wheel in perpetuity.

I would like to see the club publish their plan for the future to allow supporters to suggest improvements or even volunteer for roles within the plan.

at the end of the day, a handful of directors cannot run a professional sports club in their spare time.

They need help, and lots of it, but if we, the supporters are kept in the dark, then there’s no way of helping.

the next few months are going to be tough, so come on BOD get the development plan posted on here with a list of roles that need filled and see if we can help to blow away this dark cloud that seems to appear every 3 or 4 seasons 

• Like 5

A new coach whoever it is needs appointed ASAP otherwise we will be in the same position as last season for signing players.

I don't care if they are local or not as long as it's the right appointment. A local coach might be the less expensive option but who is up to the job? Rooney almost came once before but that probably won't happen again while Mr Murdoch is still here. There should be no shortage of applicants, let's hope the BOD get it right 🤞

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

4 hours ago, pmac said:

its been the story for the last 30 years or so a good period from 1990 to 1995 , then boom its been clutching at straws and false dawns , how do we sustain things as a club ? It will be interesting how the club goes appointing a new coach and especially the team he assembles regarding season tickets , as i for 1 will be seriously thinking do i get 1 for the new season ahead.

Of course you do. I had a season ticket this season and will be getting one next season too. We are fans of Workington Town, players and coaches come and go but the die hard fans will always be there.

I have no idea if next season we will be running away with the league or getting beat by west wales and Cornwall but what i do know is i will be stood in my usual place on the popular side, i am sure you will be there too!

• Like 1

On 07/09/2022 at 16:50, Derwent Parker said:

SL teams have 2 votes each - so that's [12 x 2] = 24 v 25 to start with, so they only need one vote.

Yes that seems a tad weighted

Therefore as long as IMG dont suggest taking any money of any of the SG teams - Whatever they want will go through

Catalan  and Toulouse aren't members of the RL so don't get a vote